Token System

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

LevelCrossingFan555
Engineer
Engineer

Token System

Post by LevelCrossingFan555 »

On single track section of my line it is working good with signals, it has 2 trains and about few TMO level crossings, what i want is that they need a token to go into a station section, if they made the token system, it would be cool. It unlocks in 1940, the physical token system, in 1970 radio electronic token block is unlocked. RETB is epic, so when a train comes out of a depot and to their station, to depart, they need to obtain a token, when they obtained it they can proceed, at the next station they have to exchange tokens, at the final station, the token is exchanged and my train goes through a turn around circle, they obtain a token to the depot station where they first started the service. That would solve the problems for lots of signals on the line. It is a fictional preserved railway, it needs physical token system.
LevelCrossingFan555
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Token System

I'll post a video on this post when its uploaded. It will show my ABCL and AOCL crossings. .
The bus is dumb that he passed it when it was lowered.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Token is a type of block signaling. The actual token isn't visible in these tiny world of openttd. Just use block signals.
LevelCrossingFan555
Engineer
Engineer

And, i would also like a white signal for level crossings, there would be a setting when putting a level crossing, locally monitored or signaller monitored crossing. If it is a locally monitored, you have to put a white light near or on a level crossing on the track, both sides. If it is signaller monitored, no white signal need. They flash when the crossing is active and extinguish when all trains pass the crossing.
LevelCrossingFan555
Engineer
Engineer

I also want to have real working signal boxes, you can add signaller supervised crossings in the signal box's area, otherwise if there is no signal box supervised area, no signaller supervised crossings. Locally monitored crossings are AOCL and ABCL, the player chooses them, Signaller supervised are: AHB and AOCR, AOCR is removed if you have a major train or vehicle crash on one of your AOCRs.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Firstly, I've sent you a private message regarding how you post on the forums.

Secondly - this isn't a signalling simulation. It's a transport strategy game. If you want signalling simulations I highly recommend SimSig which is the leading simulator of British railway signalling (and has a number of simulations with token working and many types of level crossings)
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
LevelCrossingFan555
Engineer
Engineer

For my OpenTTD UK, the law is you can't build crossings on 201 mph railway lines, i need a speed limit if i want to build a crossing that will possibly delay the trains.
LevelCrossingFan555
Engineer
Engineer

AOCL crossings are built on low traffic, just pretending they re AOCL. I mostly build AOCL's at yards, TMD's, harbours, low used rail lines.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”