JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Eddi »

Argus wrote: 14 Jun 2023 08:30If the game is already set to kilometers, why is there a conversion somewhere?
it's Complicated(tm)

first, the internal speed units are different for every vehicle type, for example road vehicles go internally at half speed as trains. (effectively this means trains can have higher top speed)
second, the internal speed unit is not "km/h", but "1.6*mph", where 1.6 is almost-but-not-quite the conversion factor from mph to km/h. (this is also a form of rounding error)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Yes, of course, the original TT originated in England. So it still counts miles internally. But why doesn't this error occur even if I change the settings from miles to kilometers?
If I understand it correctly, this is a relatively difficult error to fix.
yoshitan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yoshitan »

I updated to 0.54.1 (Windows 64bit). I found 2 problems with "AI Settings".

1. The program will crash when I change "Intrval between starting of competitors".

2. The selectd AI for the last slot will not be effective and it will be random.

For example, when I select AI 1, AI 2 and AI 3 in this order, the 3rd AI will be random instead of AI 3.
Revenge_of_KioTheDev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Revenge_of_KioTheDev »

question about daylength

is possible to make game run at 1 game day = 1 real minute? or even 1 game month = 1 real hour?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Revenge_of_KioTheDev wrote: 14 Jun 2023 13:18 question about daylength

is possible to make game run at 1 game day = 1 real minute? or even 1 game month = 1 real hour?
For 1 game day = 1 real minute, you can set the tick rate to 27 ms/tick, and the day length to 30.
Alternatively, if you switch to timetabling in minutes you can adjust the ticks per minute to whatever value you want.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Revenge_of_KioTheDev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Revenge_of_KioTheDev »

JGR wrote: 14 Jun 2023 14:40
Revenge_of_KioTheDev wrote: 14 Jun 2023 13:18 question about daylength

For 1 game day = 1 real minute, you can set the tick rate to 27 ms/tick, and the day length to 30.
Alternatively, if you switch to timetabling in minutes you can adjust the ticks per minute to whatever value you want.
thank you
TheSleepyMan281
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TheSleepyMan281 »

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Freight train through load feature with an iron ore train of length 20 and a platform of length 6. I can't find a setting anywhere though to tell the train to use it. How do I use the feature?

Ty :)
chrissykes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrissykes »

chrissykes wrote: 11 Jun 2023 00:38
JGR wrote: 10 Jun 2023 15:48
chrissykes wrote: 10 Jun 2023 12:13 Hey JGR, I've been using your patch pack for years and really enjoy the extra bits that are added and I keep stumbling upon features that have been there for years.

One question I have is regards to oil wells, I'm not using ISR style industry packs at all and for some reason if I start a new game I don't have any oil wells spawn either at the start of the game or through the years. Is there a particular reason for this?
If you're not using any industry GRF at all, you'll be using the vanilla industries. In which case oil wells do not spawn in game after 1950. They should still be created at map generation time though.
Thats what I thought vut my game started in the early 1800's, and I'm sure there is no oil wells being spawned even in the mid 1850s.
JGR, I checked last night and none spawned at game start nor have any spawned since either. The date on the game is now 1868 so I'd expect them to be there.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

chrissykes wrote: 17 Jun 2023 10:01 JGR, I checked last night and none spawned at game start nor have any spawned since either. The date on the game is now 1868 so I'd expect them to be there.
If you can post your savegame I can take a look at it.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

yoshitan wrote: 14 Jun 2023 09:58 I updated to 0.54.1 (Windows 64bit). I found 2 problems with "AI Settings".

1. The program will crash when I change "Intrval between starting of competitors".

2. The selectd AI for the last slot will not be effective and it will be random.

For example, when I select AI 1, AI 2 and AI 3 in this order, the 3rd AI will be random instead of AI 3.
The first has been fixed.

I can't reproduce the second issue. Is the AI that you've selected fully available? Do you get the same issue with a different AI?
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
chrissykes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrissykes »

JGR wrote: 17 Jun 2023 16:24
chrissykes wrote: 17 Jun 2023 10:01 JGR, I checked last night and none spawned at game start nor have any spawned since either. The date on the game is now 1868 so I'd expect them to be there.
See attached, i was wrong on the year. I can fund the oil well industry perfectly ok. Also let me know if your missing some GRF's as some are manual copy over to the folder and are a PITA to locate online.

I also have been running tests with 3x openttd games running simultaniously.
  • 1x with the same GRF list and new generated map, 1x Oil Well on map generation and no new wells within 15 years.
    1x with the UK Town and industry removed, 1x Oil Well on map generation and no new wells within 15 years
    1x with no additional GRF's, 1x Oil Well on map generation nd no new wells after 5 years
Attachments
Fort Pruburg Transport, 29th Mar 1860.sav
(14.35 MiB) Downloaded 89 times
yoshitan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yoshitan »

JGR wrote: 17 Jun 2023 16:28
yoshitan wrote: 14 Jun 2023 09:58 I updated to 0.54.1 (Windows 64bit). I found 2 problems with "AI Settings".

The first has been fixed.

I can't reproduce the second issue. Is the AI that you've selected fully available? Do you get the same issue with a different AI?
Thank you for your response.

I'm attaching the screenshots.

I have 7 AI files in "content_download\AI" folder.
I selected AdmiralAI, AAAHogEx and ChooChoo, but AdmiralAI, AAAHogEx and NoNoCAB started. The 3rd AI is different every time I start the new game.
Attachments
Screen1.png
Screen1.png (10.29 KiB) Viewed 45862 times
Screen2.png
Screen2.png (35.63 KiB) Viewed 45862 times
Last edited by yoshitan on 18 Jun 2023 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
Nathkel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nathkel »

Gameplay is so much better with this pp, and i rarely have any problems, that its unusual when i have to report one...

Using JGRPP 0.52.1 (no need to upgrade just yet), and one of your many features is the ability to refit at station. Im having a problem with eGRVTS v2.0 - r188 using FIRS 3.0.12 cargoes.
I have a tricky multiconditional order between points where an articulated truck refits to milk, takes another station to implicitly unload at a dairy, then while it's there, refits to food, and takes that directly back for implicit unloading at a hotel (near a rail station), and restarts this cycle. Only two points of travel.
The first vehicle i was using, it worked perfectly — the Access Refrigerated Truck. But when i needed a faster, bigger vehicle i used the Edding Articulo with Refrigerated Trailer. The Edding would not refit to food (but it would refit to milk if i started with food). I tested it with the Mettler Archer reefer, and it also does not refit to food. So it seems the Station Refit does not work consistently with articulated vehicles.

Is this a JGRPP problem, or do i need to report this to the eGRVTS author, or perhaps the FIRS thread?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

chrissykes wrote: 17 Jun 2023 21:55
See attached, i was wrong on the year. I can fund the oil well industry perfectly ok. Also let me know if your missing some GRF's as some are manual copy over to the folder and are a PITA to locate online.

• 1x with the same GRF list and new generated map, 1x Oil Well on map generation and no new wells within 15 years.
    1x with the UK Town and industry removed, 1x Oil Well on map generation and no new wells within 15 years
    1x with no additional GRF's, 1x Oil Well on map generation nd no new wells after 5 years
You're using the "Station's name from nearby industry" industry GRF, which changes the behaviour of the various oil industries, for one.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Nathkel wrote: 18 Jun 2023 08:26 Gameplay is so much better with this pp, and i rarely have any problems, that its unusual when i have to report one...

Using JGRPP 0.52.1 (no need to upgrade just yet), and one of your many features is the ability to refit at station. Im having a problem with eGRVTS v2.0 - r188 using FIRS 3.0.12 cargoes.
I have a tricky multiconditional order between points where an articulated truck refits to milk, takes another station to implicitly unload at a dairy, then while it's there, refits to food, and takes that directly back for implicit unloading at a hotel (near a rail station), and restarts this cycle. Only two points of travel.
The first vehicle i was using, it worked perfectly — the Access Refrigerated Truck. But when i needed a faster, bigger vehicle i used the Edding Articulo with Refrigerated Trailer. The Edding would not refit to food (but it would refit to milk if i started with food). I tested it with the Mettler Archer reefer, and it also does not refit to food. So it seems the Station Refit does not work consistently with articulated vehicles.

Is this a JGRPP problem, or do i need to report this to the eGRVTS author, or perhaps the FIRS thread?
It's because the leading part of the vehicle has 0 capacity. This doesn't work in vanilla OpenTTD either.
This should be fixable.

Edit: This is fixed now.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Nathkel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nathkel »

I can think of only one emoji for you right now:

:bow:
chrissykes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrissykes »

JGR wrote: 18 Jun 2023 08:42
chrissykes wrote: 17 Jun 2023 21:55

You're using the "Station's name from nearby industry" industry GRF, which changes the behaviour of the various oil industries, for one.
Yes indeed that's why I tried without any grfs and I still didn't get any more spawning. Interestingly I got the same situation in openttd vanilla. I also tried the distance for oil industries from edge setting it both at min and max.
Walter Novotny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Walter Novotny »

I don't even know how the game broke, but it could be something important.
Log:
https://megawrzuta.pl/files/b49c04ce460 ... 4a2904.log
Attachments
crash-20230618T182049Z.sav
(12.43 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Walter Novotny wrote: 18 Jun 2023 18:39 I don't even know how the game broke, but it could be something important.
Log:
https://megawrzuta.pl/files/b49c04ce460 ... 4a2904.log
This is fixed in the most recent release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

TheSleepyMan281 wrote: 16 Jun 2023 17:33 I'm trying to use the Freight train through load feature with an iron ore train of length 20 and a platform of length 6. I can't find a setting anywhere though to tell the train to use it. How do I use the feature?
Under settings, turn on 'Show advanced loading features'. You may also set the maximum speed while loading.
-AND-
When adding the order, click on 'far end' (or whatever it shows) until it says 'through load'.

That is all, see below ...

Train Through Load.png
Train Through Load.png (41.99 KiB) Viewed 45867 times

Return to “OpenTTD Development”