JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by wallyweb »

After a night of the clearing of the minds, I thought it might help if I sent you two more GRFs:

The first one is 56_RoadTypesTemplate, a very simple set of roads I created as a guide and template. The roads are very quiet in that the graphics have no noise. It was never tested with trams. It does include one foreign road, ufiby's IRS roads, which are excellent and very noisy.
56_RoadTypesTemplate_D.grf
(169.49 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Next up is 55_RoadStop_Test with that infamous animated tower. Again, it was never tested with trams.
55_RoadStop_Test.grf
(77 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
The third, 53_SusmonNRT_Alpha which you already have, is my very experimental journey into the world of trams based upon the original ttdpatch work by Zephyris and where I elevated his ground level suspensions to a level above the ground level common road vehicle.

NOTE TO READERS: These GRFs are GPLv2 and playable if you wish to try them but as the terms Template, Test and Alpha would suggest, they are very developmental and provided without documentation.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK and DO NOT POST COMMENTS IN THIS, JRG's topic. They will eventually have topics of their own for any discussions you might be considering.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Lately, when generating a map, I find that I have the industry stuck together horribly.
Is there any way to prevent this behavior?
It's not normal for a factory to be right next to a hotel...
Attachments
Brown & Co., 14. dub 1872.png
(2.21 MiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 26 Oct 2022 15:44 Lately, when generating a map, I find that I have the industry stuck together horribly.
Is there any way to prevent this behavior?
It's not normal for a factory to be right next to a hotel...
This is controlled by whichever GRF it is that provides those industries.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

wallyweb wrote: 25 Oct 2022 16:40
JGR wrote: 30 Sep 2022 16:46 All of the stop types seem to have broken ground sprites.
The groundsprites seem to be disabled.
Here is my code (flags are zeroed and registers are gone :D ):

Code: Select all

// Drive-through	X-axis: north-east to south-west
  405 * 34	 02 FE 0A
	42 // 2 sprites following <groundsprite>
//---------------------------------------
	22 05 00 80 // <groundsprite>
	00 00 // <flags>
	12 80 00 80 // <buildingsprite> far side
	00 00 // <flags>
	00 00 00  10 03 1A // <xoffset> <yoffset> <zoffset> <xextent> <yextent> <zextent>
	02 80 00 80 // <buildingsprite> near side
	00 00 // <flags>
	00 0D 00  10 03 1A // <xoffset> <yoffset> <zoffset> <xextent> <yextent> <zextent>
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Drive-through	Y-axis: north-west to south-east
  406 * 34	 02 FE 0B
	42 // 2 sprites following <groundsprite>
	21 05 00 80 // <groundsprite>
	00 00 // <flags>
	13 80 00 80 // <buildingsprite> far side
	00 00 // <flags>
	00 00 00  03 10 1A // <xoffset> <yoffset> <zoffset> <xextent> <yextent> <zextent>
	05 80 00 80 // <buildingsprite> near side
	00 00 // <flags>
	0D 00 00  03 10 1A // <xoffset> <yoffset> <zoffset> <xextent> <yextent> <zextent>
I can add a building sprite, but then roadtypes won't overbuild it.
I've substituted the replacement GRF into this save.

There does not appear to be anything wrong with the displaying of ground sprites.
The sprites displayed are the ones specified in the GRF.

However the GRF still contains clearly wrong sprite IDs for the drive-through stop ground sprites.
The bay stops have an additional ground sprite specified as a building sprite, most likely this is included by accident. I'd suggest removing this extra one (i.e. the one with zero delta and bounding box size).

Edit:
It might be easier if you can just send me the complete source.
i.e. all the source required to the build the GRF, not a snippet.
I can then correct it, build it locally, and send it back to you.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

JGR wrote: 26 Oct 2022 22:28 There does not appear to be anything wrong with the displaying of ground sprites.
The sprites displayed are the ones specified in the GRF.

However the GRF still contains clearly wrong sprite IDs for the drive-through stop ground sprites.
The bay stops have an additional ground sprite specified as a building sprite, most likely this is included by accident. I'd suggest removing this extra one (i.e. the one with zero delta and bounding box size).
GRF Specs wrote:If bit 31 is clear, the bottom 14 bits contain a regular TTD sprite number.

If bit 31 is set, the bottom 14 bits contain a number of a sprite set in the most recent action 1
I had my grounsprites set. They are from OpenTTD base set and should not be set.
These are now unset and fixed.
The duplicate sprites were an attempt at a hacky fix. They are now gone.
Here is the proper GRF:
53_SusmonNRT_Alpha.grf
Fixed version
(75.84 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Thanks for your help. Your Roadstops are a marvelous addition to the game. Hopefully others will make use of them as well. :bow:

Why the OpenTTD sprites? Some players may wish to play with the base set sprites and the roadstops will now conform to them.
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

In my game I'm in year 2020 and I set daylength factor to 50. It's perfect, but my vehicles have very big income. I tried to edit running costs in Basecosts Mod newgrf, but few vehicles had extremly high running costs. Is there any way to add a factor or option to optimize vehicle earnings in the game? I wanted to set it to half, but I can't find name of Basecosts' creator 4 adding that.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

2 new trucks refuse to load goods. The command is correct, what is wrong here?
Sorry, I missed that the road didn't connect properly. But I don't understand why in this case the game didn't report that the car can't find the way :shock:
Overlooking the wrong path connection is the fault of my dioptres, not the game :)
Attachments
Montblancaokoli02joker.sav
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

I have a question,

Is it possible to expand the window for renaming vehicles and wagons so that name length is not restricted in the purchase window
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Just had a crash I can't figure out. I was clicking on a train and then the game went... no i'd rather not.
The game produced an emergency save, but it was made with a different game version according to the savegame loader so i had to fallback on the last autosave.

here's the output data, I did check update notes but didn't see anything relating to crash when clicking on windows, as I'm still on 48.4, and i cannot recreate the crash reliably even on 48.4 aanyway to try on the latest.
https://pastebin.com/VePT9pCP
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

dol422 wrote: 04 Nov 2022 18:31 I have a question,

Is it possible to expand the window for renaming vehicles and wagons so that name length is not restricted in the purchase window
I've increased the length limit, this will be in the next release.
Redirect Left wrote: 08 Nov 2022 09:43 Just had a crash I can't figure out. I was clicking on a train and then the game went... no i'd rather not.
The game produced an emergency save, but it was made with a different game version according to the savegame loader so i had to fallback on the last autosave.

here's the output data, I did check update notes but didn't see anything relating to crash when clicking on windows, as I'm still on 48.4, and i cannot recreate the crash reliably even on 48.4 aanyway to try on the latest.
https://pastebin.com/VePT9pCP
I'm not sure what the cause of this is either. Upgrading to a newer version might be an idea but I couldn't guarantee that this will fix the issue.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

JGR wrote: 09 Nov 2022 23:59 I'm not sure what the cause of this is either. Upgrading to a newer version might be an idea but I couldn't guarantee that this will fix the issue.
Fair enough, I've updated. There was no particular reason other than idleness i hadn't updated beforehand. I'll report back if I have it, or any other crash onwards!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Is it possible to have a setting that prevents a tram stop from appearing in the road stop menu and vice versa?
I have a graphical use case where this would be helpful in preventing player confusion.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

wallyweb wrote: 13 Nov 2022 11:05 Is it possible to have a setting that prevents a tram stop from appearing in the road stop menu and vice versa?
I have a graphical use case where this would be helpful in preventing player confusion.
This could be added, but it doesn't stop it being built on the other road/tram type anyway, making it dual road/tram, or the road/tram type being changed afterwards.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

JGR wrote: 13 Nov 2022 15:54
wallyweb wrote: 13 Nov 2022 11:05 Is it possible to have a setting that prevents a tram stop from appearing in the road stop menu and vice versa?
This could be added, but it doesn't stop it being built on the other road/tram type anyway, making it dual road/tram, or the road/tram type being changed afterwards.
It is good that it does not stop overbuilding from one type to the other. What concerns me is a lot of unnecessary menu duplication when wanting to distinguish a tramstop type graphic from that of a roadstop type. Could this include waypoints too?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

wallyweb wrote: 13 Nov 2022 16:04 It is good that it does not stop overbuilding from one type to the other. What concerns me is a lot of unnecessary menu duplication when wanting to distinguish a tramstop type graphic from that of a roadstop type. Could this include waypoints too?
OK, I've added these to the general flags property.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

JGR wrote: 13 Nov 2022 16:40
wallyweb wrote: 13 Nov 2022 16:04 It is good that it does not stop overbuilding from one type to the other. What concerns me is a lot of unnecessary menu duplication when wanting to distinguish a tramstop type graphic from that of a roadstop type. Could this include waypoints too?
OK, I've added these to the general flags property.
Thank you. :bow: :bow:
Looking forward to your next release.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Does this suggestion still have a chance to be added?
https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... issues/330
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Captain Rand
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Captain Rand »

Quast65 wrote: 13 Nov 2022 18:07 Does this suggestion still have a chance to be added?
https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... issues/330
+1 for this request.
I was going to list my reasons for wanting this feature too but quast pointed all of them out in the Github thread!
I could add that it would also allow faking stations on bridges (with the right graphics of course).
I'm considering it, this has significant gameplay implications so isn't something to add in without some thought.
Just out of curiousity, what "significant implications" concern you?
And, instead of the cheat menu, how about in advanced settings - with a stern warning?

Pete.
There's nothing like a deadline to hone the concentration.

Good manners cost nothing, but earn respect.

" 'Impossible' is not in our vocabulary." Jack Chrichton, Farscape
OTTD0143
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OTTD0143 »

Hi JGR,

I found an error here. whenever I click on line 13 in the ship's timetable, the game crashes. The log is attached here. Is just a test game, so nothing special.

I actually want the ship to go to the depot after 9 pm (conditional order) but otherwise makes its rounds. Unfortunately, this did not work and then I came up with this order to try out what happens.

This is a translation from Google Translate. English is not my mother tongue.

Regards Mike

crash_jgrpp-0.49.1-win64.zip
(2 MiB) Downloaded 33 times

Originaler Text:
Hallo JGR,

ich habe hier einen Fehler gefunden. immer wenn ich im Fahrplan des Schiffes auf die Zeile 13 klicke dann stürzt das Spiel ab. Das Log hängt hier mit dran.
Ist nur ein Test Spiel, also nichts besonderes.

Ich möchte eigentlich das dass Schiff nach 21 Uhr ins Depot fährt (bedingter Auftrag) sonst aber seine Runden dreht. Das funktionierte leider nicht und dann bin ich auf diesen Auftrag gekommen um auszuprobieren was passiert.

Das ist eine Übersetzung von Google Translate. Englisch ist nicht meine Muttersprache.

Viele Grüße
Mike

Return to “OpenTTD Development”