JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

maxucao
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by maxucao »

Eddi wrote: 20 Apr 2024 12:18
maxucao wrote: 20 Apr 2024 07:51 use the ECS industry,modified building cost
and in configuration turn on infraestructure maintenance costs, calendar time and monthly scalation
it could be any one of these will confuse the hell out of the AI. like ECS' complicated economic structure, or excessive maintenance costs.

there's no solution to this. you're just making the game too difficult for the AI to act within its limited understanding of the world.
mmmm i use to play with the same grf in original ottd 1.13 and at least AAA ai always get a lot of money
i wil try in 1.14 with all options the same as jgrs and see what happen
maybe the time mode? cause in 1.13 there is no time mode selection really i dont know
how do you play it? with what Ai or newgrf? i really enjoy a competitive AI
blackeagle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blackeagle »

Maybe I'm missing something (quite possibly!!) but it seems that the blue posts on signal graphics that show that there is some programming on them, only works with opengfx as the base graphics set. If I use aBase or zBase (both of which have better looking signals) then the blue posts don't appear.

Screen shot of OpenGFX vs zBase / aBase (both have same gfx). OpenTTD version is jgrpp-0.55.3
Black & Co., 3rd Dec 1969#2.png
OpenGFX
(2.79 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Black & Co., 3rd Dec 1969.png
zBase
(2.64 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Very possibly this is just me being stupid and missing something. If so, please point it out!
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

blackeagle wrote: 21 Apr 2024 11:58 Maybe I'm missing something (quite possibly!!) but it seems that the blue posts on signal graphics that show that there is some programming on them, only works with opengfx as the base graphics set. If I use aBase or zBase (both of which have better looking signals) then the blue posts don't appear.

Screen shot of OpenGFX vs zBase / aBase (both have same gfx). OpenTTD version is jgrpp-0.55.3

Black & Co., 3rd Dec 1969#2.png

Black & Co., 3rd Dec 1969.png

Very possibly this is just me being stupid and missing something. If so, please point it out!
I haven't tried to override graphics for abase/zbase.
In general abase/zbase is not graphically compatible with anything else.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
blackeagle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blackeagle »

JGR wrote: 21 Apr 2024 12:27 I haven't tried to override graphics for abase/zbase.
In general abase/zbase is not graphically compatible with anything else.
OK, thanks for your swift response. Guess it's a me problem for now then....

Return to “OpenTTD Development”