JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pindab0ter
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by pindab0ter »

I've been playing OpenTTD on your patch for the last few months and I'm absolutely loving it! Thanks for all the amazing work you've put into this!

OpenTTD 12 came out two weeks ago. I'm wondering, are there plans to integrate those changes? How is the project set up? Are you diverging from OpenTTD or are you regularly rebasing/integrating their changes?
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

So far, changes have always been integrated. However, it is necessary to test their effect on patches, and it certainly takes some time. In fact, the patchpack is even slightly ahead.
Neo_Nedd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Neo_Nedd »

Argus wrote: 01 Nov 2021 15:31 So far, changes have always been integrated. However, it is necessary to test their effect on patches, and it certainly takes some time. In fact, the patchpack is even slightly ahead.
So... from what I can read here, there are currently plans to upgrade JGR to include 1.12's changes, correct?
If so, any eta on when will this be available? Since it would be amazing to use 1.12's multiplayer feature in it.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

From the commit history (https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... mits/jgrpp) it is clear that JGR is hard at work.

I'd expect that merging the 12.0 release into the patchpack would take a bit of effort, as the new networking system is a fairly big change, so we should be patient and give JGR the time he needs.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Taschi wrote: 01 Nov 2021 15:59 From the commit history (https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... mits/jgrpp) it is clear that JGR is hard at work.

I'd expect that merging the 12.0 release into the patchpack would take a bit of effort, as the new networking system is a fairly big change, so we should be patient and give JGR the time he needs.
The merging is happening in this branch instead: https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... jgrpp-beta
It is in progress. The new networking system is not the main issue, it is the other stuff like savegame formats, settings, config management, general churn, etc. which is time-consuming.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I noticed that version 4.3.2 is already available on github. Can I download or has it not been published here yet due to some necessary fixes?
Edit: I've tried, and it's still not the latest version of NUTS, which already works in version 12 of Vanilla.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 02 Nov 2021 17:21 I noticed that version 4.3.2 is already available on github. Can I download or has it not been published here yet due to some necessary fixes?
Edit: I've tried, and it's still not the latest version of NUTS, which already works in version 12 of Vanilla.
Sorry, I forgot to update the first post, that should be sorted shortly.

If NUTS requires 12.0 then you'll need to wait until the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Ok, thanks :)
Are there any changes in the behavior of trains in curves, if I understood correctly.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 02 Nov 2021 20:43 Ok, thanks :)
Are there any changes in the behavior of trains in curves, if I understood correctly.
Yes, see here: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/pull/9346
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Neo_Nedd wrote: 01 Nov 2021 15:55
Argus wrote: 01 Nov 2021 15:31 So far, changes have always been integrated. However, it is necessary to test their effect on patches, and it certainly takes some time. In fact, the patchpack is even slightly ahead.
So... from what I can read here, there are currently plans to upgrade JGR to include 1.12's changes, correct?
If so, any eta on when will this be available? Since it would be amazing to use 1.12's multiplayer feature in it.
You can give it a try here: https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... p-0.44-rc1
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Azusa257
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Azusa257 »

I have been running a multiplayer server on a dedicated server, running v0.43.2 of your patch, however the game crashed with an unkown reason.
I hope these files are of use.

Thank you as always for the amazing patch!
Attachments
crash-20211110T222357Z.sav
(5.51 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
crash-20211110T222357Z.log.txt
(70.58 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Azusa257 wrote: 11 Nov 2021 10:48 I have been running a multiplayer server on a dedicated server, running v0.43.2 of your patch, however the game crashed with an unkown reason.
I hope these files are of use.

Thank you as always for the amazing patch!
Thanks for reporting this, I'll have this fixed later.
In the meantime, I'd suggest avoiding using the ignore signals button to do wrong-way running on signalled tunnels/bridges.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
mxnp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mxnp »

Hey JGR,
Thanks for maintaining jgrpp so frequently, it's been a delight to use.

I've been using a variety of object NewGRFs, that have their objects organised quite thoroughly into descriptive categories. I find that I'll very quickly run into the list limit, which causes all the remaining objects to be mixed together in a single view. I was curious if this 255 object class limit is something that is trivial and could be feasibly adjusted?
Quantom
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quantom »

Hi! i'm have a some questiones about jgr patch pack.
1)Are yellow signals included in this patch?
2)Are here implemented Station in tunnels patch?
3)Can someone help me in startin with source code of ottd?
Becouse any info on #ottdcoop, are 404 error unawaibiliwe...
Thanks
If you want make something, maki it yourself. If you want to maki it by programming, just get this task to another programmist :D
pindab0ter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pindab0ter »

Thanks for the replies and thanks JGR for all the time and effort! You’re amazing!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Quantom wrote: 15 Nov 2021 09:51 Hi! i'm have a some questiones about jgr patch pack.
1)Are yellow signals included in this patch?
2)Are here implemented Station in tunnels patch?
3)Can someone help me in startin with source code of ottd?
Becouse any info on #ottdcoop, are 404 error unawaibiliwe...
Thanks
1. No
2. No
3. Join the IRC #OpenTTD channel or Discord channel.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

kamnet wrote: 15 Nov 2021 20:28 1. No
I am pretty sure that this patch pack actually does support yellow signals, provided the realistic braking model is switched on in the game settings, and a compatible NewGRF is active.
Quantom
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quantom »

Taschi wrote: 15 Nov 2021 20:44
kamnet wrote: 15 Nov 2021 20:28 1. No
I am pretty sure that this patch pack actually does support yellow signals, provided the realistic braking model is switched on in the game settings, and a compatible NewGRF is active.
Im tested JGR and as im see, this patch integrated in jgr but not full. Train see 3 blocks of way as in wellow pbs patch, BUT he start bracking if 3rd PBS are red. Interesting, if im ask JGR, have this patch any chances to be imployed in patch pack?
Thanks
If you want make something, maki it yourself. If you want to maki it by programming, just get this task to another programmist :D
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

mxnp wrote: 15 Nov 2021 06:55 Hey JGR,
Thanks for maintaining jgrpp so frequently, it's been a delight to use.

I've been using a variety of object NewGRFs, that have their objects organised quite thoroughly into descriptive categories. I find that I'll very quickly run into the list limit, which causes all the remaining objects to be mixed together in a single view. I was curious if this 255 object class limit is something that is trivial and could be feasibly adjusted?
That looks feasible, I don't see any obvious reason why it has to fit into a byte.
Quantom wrote: 15 Nov 2021 22:28 Im tested JGR and as im see, this patch integrated in jgr but not full. Train see 3 blocks of way as in wellow pbs patch, BUT he start bracking if 3rd PBS are red. Interesting, if im ask JGR, have this patch any chances to be imployed in patch pack?
Thanks
The realistic braking behaviour is described here: https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... ic-braking
This has nothing to do with previous yellow signal patch attempts.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
TransshipmentEnvoy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TransshipmentEnvoy »

Is it feasible to use schedule dispatch with duration longer than 1440 minutes?

For example, if I set duration to 2880 minutes and start time to 00:00, is it possible to add 2 departure slots for both 07:00 in the first day and 07:00 in the second day?

Return to “OpenTTD Development”