JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by mak »

Thanks Eddi
All the depots are electric and I am changing / updating diesel to diesel, also I later manually (labouriously) updated all engines in the depots where previously the auto update had not worked.
Even now when all trains manually updated still getting notices that auto renew failed.
Michpi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Michpi »

Hello JGR!

Could you add some kind of sign indicating the cities that have statues?
Either in the name of the city or in the list of cities?
MicahMouse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MicahMouse »

Hello the game crashes whenever I try to open scheduled dispatch for this train

I can't upload the log file for some reason or the crash dump file

Edit: For some reason it happens to all the trains labelled "Shonan-Shinjuku Line"
Attachments
crash-20220416T060233Z.sav
(4.22 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
crash-20220416T060405Z.png
(130.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MicahMouse wrote: 16 Apr 2022 06:09 Hello the game crashes whenever I try to open scheduled dispatch for this train

I can't upload the log file for some reason or the crash dump file

Edit: For some reason it happens to all the trains labelled "Shonan-Shinjuku Line"
This is a known issue in 0.46.0 when the scheduled dispatch order is a depot.
If you upgrade to 0.46.1 or later this issue is resolved (the most recent release is 0.47.1).
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
absay
Engineer
Engineer

Post by absay »

The patch is complaining about missing strings when choosing a different language via the Options dialog (for example es_MX):

And it looks like no language is actually complete:

The version of my regular game (12.2) is up to date with the current translations, so I'm failing to see what could be the issue here. Does this have to do with the installation process? All I did was, download the latest release from GH, unzip and run the exe (on Windows).

I'm almost sure this issue has a rather simple solution, but I can't find it, so any help would be appreciated. TIA.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

absay wrote: 20 Apr 2022 17:37 The patch is complaining about missing strings when choosing a different language via the Options dialog (for example es_MX):

And it looks like no language is actually complete:

The version of my regular game (12.2) is up to date with the current translations, so I'm failing to see what could be the issue here. Does this have to do with the installation process? All I did was, download the latest release from GH, unzip and run the exe (on Windows).

I'm almost sure this issue has a rather simple solution, but I can't find it, so any help would be appreciated. TIA.
The translations are not actually complete, you are not doing anything wrong.
My branch has more strings than upstream, and most of these extra strings have not been translated. You can just ignore the message.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
absay
Engineer
Engineer

Post by absay »

JGR wrote: 20 Apr 2022 17:48 My branch has more strings than upstream, and most of these extra strings have not been translated.
Oh, I see. So the missing strings/translations are related to the patch, aren't they? For example, "Zoning", "Topography screenshot"... I get it now.

The next question is, just for the sake of having all strings translated to my language, is there any place where I can see a list of these untranslated/missing strings? So that I can do them and submit the PR.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

absay wrote: 20 Apr 2022 18:27
JGR wrote: 20 Apr 2022 17:48 My branch has more strings than upstream, and most of these extra strings have not been translated.
Oh, I see. So the missing strings/translations are related to the patch, aren't they? For example, "Zoning", "Topography screenshot"... I get it now.

The next question is, just for the sake of having all strings translated to my language, is there any place where I can see a list of these untranslated/missing strings? So that I can do them and submit the PR.
There isn't a simple automated process for this yet. It's on my todo-list to sort this out to make it easier for translators.
Later this week or next week I'll see if I can sort out a list.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
absay wrote: 20 Apr 2022 18:27 The next question is, just for the sake of having all strings translated to my language, is there any place where I can see a list of these untranslated/missing strings? So that I can do them and submit the PR.
I once translated some of the missing strings for the german translation. My pipe looked as follows.

I made copies of the english.txt and (in my case) german.txt located in the directory src/lang/ and compared them in a first step with a graphical diff tool (i.e. WinMerge for Windows or Meld for Linux). That way I was able to identify missing strings. Then I translated the strings with a simple text editor, saved my changes (ensure to save it with charset UTF-8) in a separate Git-branch of my clone of JGR's repository and prepared the PR. In principle it would be possible to generate a git-compatible diff-file and to submit it to JGR (i.e. via e-mail) so he would be able to incorporate it into the repo but IMHO a PR is the way to go.

Tschö, Auge
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

what speaks against hooking into the same translation process as the base game?
absay
Engineer
Engineer

Post by absay »

Yeah, I was thinking there could be an alternative to going for the file diff path. So, as per JGR's words, we could be seeing something like that in the near future? :o

Anyway, thanks for the answers. My main inquiry was solved. 8)
Lt_Joker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lt_Joker »

Am I missing something or how do I get pre-signals and the programmable signals to show up?
I have the setting active to show all signal types and I have the setting active to show the programmable signal feature.
But I still only see the block and two path signals, and no signal programming button, just the routing restriction one?
luk3Z
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by luk3Z »

How tu use OpenTTD along with JGRPP ?
I mean openttd.cfg is always overwritten whenever you run OpenTTD or JGRPP.
Find new graphics easier:
GRFCrawler -> http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net
BaNaNaS -> https://bananas.openttd.org/
32 bit gfx in OTTD (32bpp) -> https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Community/N ... 20graphics
TTDPatch 2.6 -> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=67694
How to subtract tax from income (workaround) -> viewtopic.php?t=89763&start=20
How to ban distance from income -> Simple Cargo Decay Override
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

luk3Z wrote: 23 Apr 2022 20:34 How tu use OpenTTD along with JGRPP ?
I mean openttd.cfg is always overwritten whenever you run OpenTTD or JGRPP.
Make "portable" installations.
Put the game EXE file and so on in a folder that's regularly writable (not under Program Files on Windows), and then put openttd.cfg in the same folder as the EXE file. Then it'll use that config and put all the game data there too.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

alternatively, make a desktop link, and use the "-c" option to point to a different cfg file. that way it can still share downloaded NewGRFs, etc.
DrCplKlinger
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DrCplKlinger »

So I've got this train, in the following save in 47.1 (Train 1 in Selva Da Morte Co.), which I'm trying to set up a dispatch style order like outlined in the github wiki.

Issue is, when the train is waiting for a full load at the livestock station, the game starts skipping / lagging every few seconds.

I find this problem goes away when I arbitrarily delete orders until I get around ~25 orders.

So I figure there must be some calculation I'm combinatorially exploding. However, I'm stuck as to why I get horrible lag only when the train is waiting for a full load. Messing with cargo recalculations doesn't seem to effect the lag. And ideally I'd like to use my fancy train orders.
Attachments
Selva Da Morte Trade Concern, 1867-11-17.sav
Save
(23.92 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

DrCplKlinger wrote: 11 May 2022 21:58 So I've got this train, in the following save in 47.1 (Train 1 in Selva Da Morte Co.), which I'm trying to set up a dispatch style order like outlined in the github wiki.

Issue is, when the train is waiting for a full load at the livestock station, the game starts skipping / lagging every few seconds.

I find this problem goes away when I arbitrarily delete orders until I get around ~25 orders.

So I figure there must be some calculation I'm combinatorially exploding. However, I'm stuck as to why I get horrible lag only when the train is waiting for a full load. Messing with cargo recalculations doesn't seem to effect the lag. And ideally I'd like to use my fancy train orders.
The link graph refresher is mishandling the conditional orders. All the refit orders also makes this a bit more expensive to calculate.
I've committed a fix which removes the performance problem, this will be in the next release.
I am not sure how that order list could be reconfigured to avoid the issue in the current releases.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
DrCplKlinger
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DrCplKlinger »

JGR wrote: 12 May 2022 00:10
DrCplKlinger wrote: 11 May 2022 21:58 So I've got this train, in the following save in 47.1 (Train 1 in Selva Da Morte Co.), which I'm trying to set up a dispatch style order like outlined in the github wiki.

The link graph refresher is mishandling the conditional orders. All the refit orders also makes this a bit more expensive to calculate.
I've committed a fix which removes the performance problem, this will be in the next release.
I am not sure how that order list could be reconfigured to avoid the issue in the current releases.

Perfect, thanks! I wasn't sure if it was a bug or just an inherent limitation I had to work around! Glad to know it'll be fixed next release; I can wait until then!!!! :D
Deicide
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deicide »

Can we have separate settings for tool-tips? I want to be able to see the tool-tip when mousing over the industry, but I want them to show up on right-click for UI elements. The difference in preference is because UI tool-tips are always the same, but industry ones show variable information.
MicahMouse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MicahMouse »

Hello again
My game crashed again after I tried to build roads
(Files below)
Last edited by MicahMouse on 25 May 2022 09:28, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”