What to do when you find a bug - READ

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Dave

Post by Dave »

Sorry Truelight but I think it is unfair to expect people to post their bugs on another site when the majority (if not all) of the bits they have in their games come from TT-Forums.

Can't you use both? Taking such an attitude (i.e. the ones in the three locked posts) will not result in more efficient bug reporting, but it WILL result in LESS bugs being reported - which is going backwards.

Two cents. Take em. They're off the floor.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Dave Worley wrote:Sorry Truelight but I think it is unfair to expect people to post their bugs on another site when the majority (if not all) of the bits they have in their games come from TT-Forums.

Can't you use both? Taking such an attitude (i.e. the ones in the three locked posts) will not result in more efficient bug reporting, but it WILL result in LESS bugs being reported - which is going backwards.

Two cents. Take em. They're off the floor.
This forum is for OpenTTD problems, not for OpenTTD bugs, which is how it has been for ages. Also, for ages, people do report their bugs on the bug-tracker, not in this forum (most of them anyway), like we requested them since 2004. Lately only there is a growth of posts in here, and therefor we promote the bug-tracker again. The topics you talk about were closed after they were handled and taken care of, so there is nothing wrong with the attitude of the OpenTTD Developers team there.

So, again, for the record: we cannot use both to track bugs. Forums aren't meant to track bugs, bugs get lost and forgotten. Bug-tracker systems are there to track bugs. They give us an overview, allows us to assign them to people, and all developers look at them. So, as always, we ask people kindly to use http://bugs.openttd.org to report their bugs and we will be here to help them with their problems.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Juhl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Juhl »

Just tried to sign up for the bug tracker, but I haven't received any email yet, neither in my inbox nor in my spam folder.
knedle
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by knedle »

By the way it would be nice to have something like "report a bug" button on OTTD website in some really easy to find place. Right now there is almost no information about bug tracker on the website, so it's really hard to expect ppl to submit bug reports.
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

knedle wrote:By the way it would be nice to have something like "report a bug" button on OTTD website in some really easy to find place. Right now there is almost no information about bug tracker on the website, so it's really hard to expect ppl to submit bug reports.
Tnx, that is a very nice suggestion. I think we just never thought about that! :) We will add such a button soon!
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Juhl wrote:Just tried to sign up for the bug tracker, but I haven't received any email yet, neither in my inbox nor in my spam folder.
If you can PM me which username + email address you used to sign in, then I will check the system if we really did sent the email away. In email-world there is always a chance any spam/virus filter along the way picked it up and trashed it away... it happens :(
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: What to do when you find a bug - READ

Post by MagicBuzz »

What about the patches we write in order to fix a found bug ?

I posted a few, and some are near to be 6 months old (so they are deprecated now, but still not fixed) but they are still "unconfirmed" :(
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

Hmmm ... I looked in the bugtracker and there are 59 various patches waiting to be accepted (or rejected).
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
SmatZ
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by SmatZ »

orudge wrote:Also look in the bugtracker if someone else posted a bug just like yours.
Some bugs are re-reported after they have been fixed (recently in 0.6-beta3 and 0.6-beta4).
Do you think you could extend this advice by a text like "When you use the Search function, also search in Closed tasks"?

sulai
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re:

Post by sulai »

Expresso wrote:I cannot register :( , registering results in the following php errors:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: register_text in /www/openttd.org/bugs/scripts/modify.php on line 558
Notice: Undefined variable: register_text in /www/openttd.org/bugs/scripts/modify.php on line 559
I get this with both with jabber and email as contact methods. I filled in all fields.
I use konqueror 3.5.5 as browser and am behind a router (no, I'm not going to unplug it). I also tried this with mozilla, same error.
Can someone please fix this or provide a workaround? the bug is already there for a while.
I just tried to register on Flyspray as a new user (April 2008). Again, it doesn't work: When I click the "Send code!" Button it results in:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: register_text in /www/openttd.org/bugs/scripts/modify.php on line 558
Notice: Undefined variable: register_text in /www/openttd.org/bugs/scripts/modify.php on line 559
There is no Email in my inbox / junk mail either.
Jabber is grayed out in the registration formula.
INP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by INP »

I tried two weeks ago to register in flysprey but I never received e-mail ,I tried today and again noting
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

INP wrote:I tried two weeks ago to register in flysprey but I never received e-mail ,I tried today and again noting
Then:
a) you wrote down the wrong email address
b) your email client marks the email as spam and deletes it
c) your ISP marks the email as spam and deletes it

This as the registration is (obviously) working for many many other people.
INP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by INP »

Rubidium wrote:
INP wrote:I tried two weeks ago to register in flysprey but I never received e-mail ,I tried today and again noting
Then:
a) you wrote down the wrong email address
b) your email client marks the email as spam and deletes it
c) your ISP marks the email as spam and deletes it

This as the registration is (obviously) working for many many other people.
I checked the email is correct. If yahoo marks e-mail as spam it moves it in the spam box and the mail is not there too.
niw3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by niw3 »

Hi all,
I wonder if reopen requests are visible to developers in flyspray? I requested a reopen for task#305 five days ago (My country's currency has changed and I made a patch for it). It's of course OK, developers are busy peopele and it may take a while before anyone sees. I just wonder if it CAN be seen without contacting developers first. I can't see it on the Tasklist page. And tasks waiting to be reopened cannot be searched.
Thanks.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

@niw3:
yes, I did that once too, took several weeks before getting a reply.
PhilSophus
Chairman
Chairman

Post by PhilSophus »

niw3 wrote:I wonder if reopen requests are visible to developers in flyspray?
I'm quite sure they get a notification, as I recently did it and got a reaction within only a few hours. I doubt that a closed task would otherwise be checked.
"The bigger the island of our knowledge, the longer the shore of our ignorance" - John A. Wheeler, Physicist, 1911-2008
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

Err ... the bugtracker seems to be broken, most url's ( http://bugs.openttd.org/task/2783 , http://bugs.openttd.org/newtask/proj1 ) give just 404 - Not Found

Edit: seems to be fixed now.
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
Gartral
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gartral »

I can not bulldoze property in a town due too local authority's block.. this is quite frustrating, as i meantthat i lost the subsidy for the connection (couldn't buld the station either)
Attachments
Brundhead Cross Transport, oops.sav
please note that there is a "Bad AI" in this save.
(983.68 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

This seems to be working, note the title of the window.
Attachments
removing tram tracks
removing tram tracks
removing_tramtracks.png (296.55 KiB) Viewed 20283 times
bleistift2
Engineer
Engineer

I think I didn't get the system

Post by bleistift2 »

Do I have to register at this bug posting site individually? My tt-forums user name and password seem to be invalid. Is it OK to post a bug here and some of you guys could then post it there? Where to post it here? In this thread or in OpenTTD Problems?
-----
Anyway, here's the bug: If you've got the setting to send a vehicle to the deposit for repairs every 150 days, and you then change the unit from days to percent, the repair interval for every vehicle is 150%.
Attachments
Screenshot as proof.
Screenshot as proof.
repair interval=150%.png (81.23 KiB) Viewed 19259 times

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”