2CC Trams 0.9c & 2CC Cargo Trams v0.8r

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: 2CC Trams 0.9c & 2CC Cargo Trams v0.8r

Post by kamnet »

Voyager One wrote: 09 Jul 2022 12:58 That being said, I have absolutely no objection about changes in names or even in coloring (meaning somebody redrawing sprites) but keep in consideration that someone will be also required to recode all this stuff.
In all likelihood, it will be me who does the recoding. I've tried to get some other people interested in picking up the project, especially newer people who want to have an impact on the community, but sofar I haven't been successful in finding somebody who can dedicate the time to it.

I think the current code has reached its practical limits, several months ago I started looking through it and I started to find settings that just didn't make sense. With the amount of work that it would take for me to debug it all, I think it would be a better use of time and energy to just create a new code base, and then I could just put it on GitHub and let the community fork it and merge it as they see fit.

Return to “Graphics Development”