Some questiosn about this app

Talk about the new mobile version of Transport Tycoon (for iOS and Android) released in 2013.
kolpo
Engineer
Engineer

Some questiosn about this app

Post by kolpo »

Just got app and have some questions

What mean the red and green circles in my vehicles list? Profitability?

Is their a manual for this app?

Some of the bus stops seems to have a very high number of passengers(like more then 100 or even 200), should I just place a ton of buses between them or is their a better solution?

People who downloaded this app also seems to often download an app named openttd, is that just the lite version or is that a good game too?
Pingaware
Director
Director

Re: Some questiosn about this app

Post by Pingaware »

kolpo wrote:What do the red and green circles in my vehicles list mean? Profitability?
Pretty sure it's profitability.
Is there a manual for this app?
If you're genuinely playing TTD, which due to the high difficulty in running it on modern computers I doubt, then no.
Some of the bus stops seems to have a very high number of passengers (like more than 100 or even 200), should I just place a ton of buses between them or is there a better solution?
Lots of buses would work. You could also consider trains.
People who downloaded this app also seems to often download an app named OpenTTD, is that just the lite version or is that a good game too?
I think it's fair to say that there are far more people who download OpenTTD than ever download TTD (or TTD Patch these days). OpenTTD is an open-source remake of TTD, with a huge array of new features/improvements/bug fixes. It can also run mods, known as GRFs, as well as custom AIs, and Game Scripts which give you a goal to achieve.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I feel there is a bit of a mix up between Transport Tycoon Deluxe (TTD) the 1995 game for PC and Transport Tycoon the 2013 game for mobile devices.

For the 1995 game there surely is a manual. For the 2013 game there is a guide on the official website: http://guide.transporttycoon.com/

OpenTTD is the open source successor to the 1995 game. It is in a way comparable to the 2013 game, but that is basically Locomotion which is much closer to Rollercoaster Tycoon in fact.
If you try OpenTTD on your mobile device, you'll find it much less touch-friendly. Good efforts have been made to improve that, but given that you need a modifier key "CTRL" for a lot of advanced actions, it's still mostly a pc game. If you want to try OpenTTD, try on a pc first and if you like it then maybe try it on your mobile device.
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

FooBar wrote:I feel there is a bit of a mix up between Transport Tycoon Deluxe (TTD) the 1995 game for PC and Transport Tycoon the 2013 game for mobile devices.
This is what I get for not actually checking what sub-forum I'm in... Thanks for clearing my mess up FooBar!
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

It's a pity, and the source of much confusion, that they named the app "Transport Tycoon" rather than "Locomotion", which is what it really is. Although at least we got the redux music out of it. :)
kolpo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kolpo »

Thanks all, I also found the locomotion manual ftp://ftp.atari.com/manuals/pc/chris_sa ... al_enu.pdf this sounds very similar so it should also help. I really like this app, it's not just transportation, it's a world, my tram network made one city boom while the rest stayed small.
kolpo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kolpo »

FooBar wrote:mobile device, you'll find it much less touch-friendly. Good efforts have been made to improve that, but given that you need a modifier key "CTRL" for a lot of advanced actions, it's still mostly a pc game. If you want to try OpenTTD, try on a pc first and if you like it then maybe try it on your mobile device.

The openttd app has a CTRL and SHIFT button on left bar that makes touch behave like CTRL+mouse click. But the standard icons where too small on a 10 inch screen with 2560x1600 resolution. But installing zbase fixed this.
RonDOppen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RonDOppen »

I have been playing this app for months and love it. There is a massive leaning curve but I think that this makes the game really special. I've played tons of games that are beatable over a long weekend, but even after months of gameplay I'm still trying to pass the expert levels. (And learning new tricks)
RonDOppen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RonDOppen »

Kamnet, what are OpenGFX+ BigGUI? Are they for the app or for open tt?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

It's an OpenTTD extension for getting bigger UI buttons, afaik.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Makes sense, and OpenGFX are just the graphics used in OpenTTD.

Return to “Transport Tycoon (2013)”