Error messages on newgrf

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Drakattd
Engineer
Engineer

Error messages on newgrf

Post by Drakattd »

Hi.
Using TTDPatch 2.5 beta9 r2372mod.

Downloaded graphics from:
http://www.ttdpatch.net/newgrf.html#25

Starting the game, opening graphic settings:

- paperw.grf is designed to be used with newindustries
- newcargow.grf is designet to be used with newcargos switch
- ttrs3w.GRF isdesigned to be used with newhouses on total town replacement set v3
- dbsetw.grf has invalid sprite #2,012 (code 5/40). (I have loaded DBSet V0.82 (XL), maybe I dont need dbsetw?)
- tropicstw.grf has invalid sprite #14 (code 5/10)
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Error messages on newgrf

Post by Lakie »

What configuration settings for TTDPatch do you have? (In the 'ttdpatch.cfg' text file, open in notepad for example).
It sounds like the majority of the newgrf settings are off causing the issues, in particular the first 3 configuration issues and the latter 2 could be.
You should have as minimum 'newtrains', 'newcargos', 'newhouses' and 'newindustries' set to on for those GRF files, which should solve your problem?

Hope that helps,
~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Drakattd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Drakattd »

Lakie wrote:What configuration settings for TTDPatch do you have? (In the 'ttdpatch.cfg' text file, open in notepad for example).
It sounds like the majority of the newgrf settings are off causing the issues, in particular the first 3 configuration issues and the latter 2 could be.
You should have as minimum 'newtrains', 'newcargos', 'newhouses' and 'newindustries' set to on for those GRF files, which should solve your problem?

Hope that helps,
~ Lakie
Thanks.
I have now disabled aiboost and loadallgraphics. (when the game started it told me that they isn't needed).

newtrains is on

But: newcargos newhouses and newindustries was not listed. I listed them. After that the game told me that "X need to be loaded before Y", and I rearranged listings in my newgrfw.cfg.

Now I only have these error messages:
- dbsetw.grf has invalid sprite #2,012 (code 5/40) (listed as grey)
- tropicstw.grf has invalid sprite #14 (code 5/10) (listed as grey)

"Arctic set" is listed red in the game. Four other listings is blue.
The other is green.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I'm unable to replicate it with the stable (2.5 beta 9) or the latest trunk build of the 2.5 branch (r2377).
Where did you obtain your version and what additional modifications does it contain? (r*mod indicates modified).

The other possibility is another configuration option which is missing or off, you can use the following to regenerate the ttdpatch.cfg with all the switches listed. (Using the command-line, or command prompt).

Code: Select all

ttdpatchw -W ttdpatch.cfg
~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Drakattd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Drakattd »

Lakie wrote:I'm unable to replicate it with the stable (2.5 beta 9) or the latest trunk build of the 2.5 branch (r2377).
Where did you obtain your version and what additional modifications does it contain? (r*mod indicates modified).

The other possibility is another configuration option which is missing or off, you can use the following to regenerate the ttdpatch.cfg with all the switches listed. (Using the command-line, or command prompt).

Code: Select all

ttdpatchw -W ttdpatch.cfg
~ Lakie
Ok.
Yesterday I installed TTDPatch Version 2.0 rev1, today I installed 2.5 beta9.
Drakattd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Drakattd »

I did as u said and I get a new cfg file with everything needed. Attached is my cfg.
I enabled "newgrfcfg newgrfw.cfg"

Arctic set is red
- DBSet V0.82: dbsetxlw.grf is designed to be used with Multihead 0 (it is grey)
Attachments
newgrfw.cfg
(495 Bytes) Downloaded 306 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(32.6 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Various train set grfs automatically disabled themselves with the wrong climate. (e.g. Arctic and Tropics vehicle sets).
I'm afraid using both my versions of TTDPatch 2.5 with your 'ttdpatch.cfg'; I cannot replicate the sprite errors, the DB XL set requires multihead on (numeric value between 0 and 100, e.g. 'multihead 0').
A quick look at the newgrf.cfg shows a number of GRF files you didn't mention, does the DB set and tropics set work if in a newgrf.cfg of their own?

~ Lakie
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Mikaelft wrote: Arctic set is red
- DBSet V0.82: dbsetxlw.grf is designed to be used with Multihead 0 (it is grey)
- ArcticSet is only for the sub-arctic climate
- you don´t need dbsetw.grf, since you´re using DB Set 0.82 (this one needs setting "multihead 0" in newgrf.cfg)

regards
Michael
Drakattd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Drakattd »

michael blunck wrote:
Mikaelft wrote: Arctic set is red
- ArcticSet is only for the sub-arctic climate
- you don´t need dbsetw.grf, since you´re using DB Set 0.82 (this one needs setting "multihead 0" in newgrf.cfg)

regards
Michael
Ok.

Thanks for the help guys.
This is my debug file and, I get no error messages :)

off-topic: Can't get fullscreen :/
Attachments
grfdebug.txt
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 307 times

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”