Openttd.org Website profile page

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

The_Dude
Engineer
Engineer

Openttd.org Website profile page

Post by The_Dude »

The http://account.openttd.org/en/profile is unfinished for very long time now.

Because of that, I'd like to help it finish. For that, I would need some help too.

1) Decide, what should the page look like

2) set some testing enviroment

So if some of the developers of the website could contact me please, it would be a mutual satisfaction I believe.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Openttd.org Website profile page

Post by Zuu »

Some earlier discussion on this matter can be found here:
http://irclogs.qmsk.net/channels/opentt ... 1394275773
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

I'd suggest just coming up with a mock-up, and seeing what feedback you get - there's no real incentive for anyone to finish it really - it's certainly not hugely necessary :L
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

In 5 years time, 4 or 5 people asked about this; there isn't a real need it seems. So I agree with Lord Aro completely: make something, show it, and see what happens.

There once was work on a rewrite of the website, which did include this part; sadly, it never saw the day of light because of daytime job kicking my butt. So sad.

Good luck ;)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Is there an option somewhere to change the e-mail address associated to an account? Currently my account is linked to an old e-mail address I don't check anymore, so I would like an option to change it.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
The_Dude
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The_Dude »

Well, I can do something but still I need some help to make some test enviroment on my local machine.

That is names of database columns we want to edit (mail, real name, ...) and part of website source (the needed parth are in svn, right?)
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

And there the problems start ... it is not easy to set up a dev-env. Even more so if you talk about user changes. They are stored in LDAP, with some POSIX schemas attached to it ..

Once upon a time I had a mirror env which I used for development; but it became heavily out-of-date, and by lack of time, I never got the time to update it. Not sure how to come by that problem ... total rewrite you say? Hmmmm ...
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
The_Dude
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The_Dude »

Hm, indeed, that's a little bit harder.

What would be the easist way to make the profile page without dev env then?

Return to “General OpenTTD”