Working on some city buildings

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Working on some city buildings

Post by lsbc »

Been clearing up my hard drive and found some of my old MSTS stuff (yes I do play the game at times). All these were converted on my old XP computer on external drive so some salvage from dead pc is better than none. Most of the buildings are my creations with TS Modeler while others are from the original game and converted. Would do more but alas MSTS2Loco doesn't like my windows 7 something about VB.User Control I need to find an old working windows XP PC at thrift store

Here's a couple screen shots. They still need some work.

Constructive comments welcome
Attachments
Bases will be changed
Bases will be changed
Screenshot151.png (153.74 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Bases will be changed
Bases will be changed
Screenshot152.png (151.15 KiB) Viewed 569 times
work dats done.rar
(617.72 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Last edited by lsbc on 23 Mar 2014 14:46, edited 2 times in total.
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Working on some city buildings

Post by Greyfox »

@isbc: They look quite good. I'll be watching out for more. Well done.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Engineer

Post by lsbc »

While waiting for a couple permissions I've been busy with a few ideas for some more buildings. So far they are recolored existing buildings in sets of 3. Each set of 3 is in 1 dat file and will receive / produce the cargo that the industry it came from takes and produces. I have some testing to do with them but that shouldn't take long.
Attachments
3 building sets.png
3 building sets.png (133.71 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I really like what you've done with the "rusty" buildings by using the second-colored brush. Do those groupings actually show how you're going to put them together?
lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lsbc »

Zakos wrote:I really like what you've done with the "rusty" buildings by using the second-colored brush. Do those groupings actually show how you're going to put them together?
Thank you for comment on rust. Yes the will be 1 dat file with 3 buildings in each dat file. In short they will work like the oil wells EDS made. As for the waiting for permissions on the others it's a wait and see if I get them. As of now the MSTS stuff of mine is used with someone's MSTS. I could remove them and use some default buildings from MSTS as there never been a problem using them, however some of the ones I used are so much better.

A little more testing of them and then I'll release them
lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lsbc »

They are done and released

see first post........ bottom file has the dat files Use is limited to your imagination... I can't claim copyright for other the some coding so just mention where you got them if they're attached to and scenario you make

all comments will bee welcome rude comments will be ignorned
lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lsbc »

Some buildings that are in progress
Attachments
000.png
000.png (3.61 KiB) Viewed 5380 times
001.png
001.png (4.09 KiB) Viewed 5380 times
008.png
008.png (2.72 KiB) Viewed 5380 times
lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lsbc »

a couple more. I have more but need to clean up some of them
Attachments
031.png
031.png (3.61 KiB) Viewed 5380 times
041.png
041.png (4.15 KiB) Viewed 5380 times
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I'm not a huge fan of having the base show in earnest, but that's just me.
lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lsbc »

Not sure if you mean the base I use under the stricture(s). If it is then I can remove them they are mainly used as a reference point when creating in TS Modeler. It's surprising how helpful that square is. It shows me what size limits I have when converting to loco. Most look better with the square there (gives appearance of concert lot), while others look better when no base under. For now I will keep the base in until I ready to finish the model. It doesn't take long to cut the slab out (if to be done) and convert to and s file for msts2loco. If I had the newer version of msts2loco working the slab won't be used as the newer version allows moving the model etc.
lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lsbc »

Ok I'm awake and been a bit busy with life. I have been working on some TSM Models and got the positioning close or done on whats been created.

I also did a new install of MSTS so I could see which of the buildings are possible for a conversion. I found a few that will work and a couple that will seem to a few to be stolen from elsewhere but if others can use stock MSTS stuff I suppose I could too. If not please let me know so I don't get into trouble.

For the conversions I was doing from other peoples MSTS work I got no reply so I can't release most of the ones that are done but can only use them for myself sorry everyone.
Attachments
My creations 1.png
My creations 1.png (641.9 KiB) Viewed 5237 times
My creations 2.png
My creations 2.png (628.82 KiB) Viewed 5237 times
lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lsbc »

Enjoy these and read the read me file.
Attachments
New city dats.rar
(906.07 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
304 001
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 304 001 »

These buildings will be an epic addition to the pre-existing industries, will try them out if i can get some PC time this week.
I'm sure that many Lomo players will appreciate your hard work! :)

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”