Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:47 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:21 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Does it work with ECS? and I'm not understand how to set up it, can I download it NewGRF Settings?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:51 am 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

borninussr wrote:
Does it work with ECS? and I'm not understand how to set up it, can I download it NewGRF Settings?

viewtopic.php?t=69827 , works well with ECS .Set up and useage well explained in the first part of topic .Agreat script have fun and enjoy .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:29 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi all!
I have updated the RCG-6 by Monty_Montana to work with FIRS3 economies (this option will probably work for earlier FIRS versions but I didn't test that).
But I get some strange messages in debug.

[+] Spoiler
Code:
dbg: [script] spanish:1: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_0: Param idx #0 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:2: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_1: Param idx #0 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:2: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_1: Param idx #1 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:3: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_2: Param idx #0 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:3: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_2: Param idx #1 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:3: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_2: Param idx #2 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:4: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_3: Param idx #0 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:4: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_3: Param idx #1 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:4: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_3: Param idx #2 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:4: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_3: Param idx #3 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:5: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_4: Param idx #0 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:5: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_4: Param idx #1 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:5: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_4: Param idx #2 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:5: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_4: Param idx #3 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'
dbg: [script] spanish:5: warning: STR_TOWNBOX_4: Param idx #4 'STRING' doesn't match with template command 'STRING3'

And my tar isn't recognized as tar :(
[+] Spoiler
Code:
dbg: [misc] The file '/home/german/.openttd/content_download/game/Renewed_City_Growth-7.tar' isn't a valid tar-file

Attachments:
File comment: Renewed City Growth for FIRS3
Renewed_City_Growth-7.tar [93 KiB]
Downloaded 40 times

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:48 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi German_RLI,

I think I managed to fix your file. In info.nut, line 46 reads:

Code:
_12 = "FIRS3: All economies", });

But as there are no more entries after this last one, this should read:

Code:
_12 = "FIRS3: All economies"});

After packing all files up into a .tar again with 7-zip, the script seemingly works, i.e. it can be selected in the AI/Game Script Configuration and I can also select "FIRS3: All economies" in the script configuration.

I'm a complete noob with OpenTTD customization, hopefully I did this right. :mrgreen: I attached my fixed version of your archive.

Attachments:
Renewed_City_Growth-7.tar [93 KiB]
Downloaded 92 times

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:14 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I can't get it work with FIRS 3.0.10. I tried the above and still I got a warning that industrial set from GS doesn't match the initial cargo list from the game. The same happened when I tried to do it manually as indicated here.
Does it work for you? Do you guys have any ideas what can I do to make this script work well with the newest FIRS3?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:17 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

If you start the script with debug turned on, then look at the debug log and you will see the order that the commodities were loaded into the array. Make sure the order in your list in the script matches this order in the log.

If you need to change the order, be sure to change the relative position numbers in the lower part of the script that matches the commodities to the groupings.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:43 am 
Engineer
Engineer

I have a stupid question. How do I enable this?

I downloaded the script & the dependency ... yet I don't see any target / goals for a city.

EDIT: I'm trying this with no other NewGRF activated.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:41 am 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Activating Gamescripts
1. In the main menu, click "AI/Gamescript Settings".

2. Select the text in the box under "Gamescript"

3. Click the top-left-most button in the bottom menu labeled "Select Gamescript"

4. Pick a gamescript of your choice from the pop-up menu.

Setting Gamescript parameters
1. In the main menu, click "AI/Gamescript Settings".

2. Select the text in the box under "Gamescript"

3. Click the 'Configure' button.

4. A row of parameters defined by the gamescript will show up. Change the desired parameters and click the 'Close' button to implement the changes. Use the 'Reset' button to set all parameters back to default values.

I hope this will help you .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:49 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Ah thanks. So that's how you do it :)

Someone should write that in the readme.txt.

EDIT:

Is this behavior normal? I'm bringing in both Goods & Passengers/Mail.