Polish PKP Set 2.0 - development thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Manuel18
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Polish PKP Set 2.0 - development thread

Post by Manuel18 »

TadeuszD wrote:
Manuel18 wrote:I think you need help with Spanish i could help you. BTW i've finished the direct translation "English - Spanish" here you have a TXT.
All translations are located in https://translator.openttdcoop.org/project/pkpset .
You can find the existing Spanish translation at https://translator.openttdcoop.org/tran ... pset/es_ES . Is this Spanish translation wrong?
Wrongly using Wrong terms

as you know Coaches = Coche
Coaches for Passengers

Wagons = Vagón
Wagons for animals , mail and things ONLY "NOT PASSENGERS"

For example on English " You need a {RED}1{ORANGE}-st class coach"
For example on Spanish " Necesitas un Coche de {RED}1{ORANGE}-era clase"

Did you see How coach word change from last word to the middle ?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198029896773]Image[/url]
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

michael blunck wrote:...these aren´t "new", but were already invented in the US before 1850.
Yes, you right. But we are talking about Polish railways... ;)
In Poland open coaches in reguler express trains was definitely "new". Before 1990's open layout was used typically in suburb communication.
I see, it was good idea to describe the meaning of those strings. Now every translator can use properly "localized" name of seat arrangement. Of course, it should be short to fit in refit window... ;)
Manuel18 wrote:Wrongly using Wrong terms...
I'm sorry. I don't speak Spanish. :( I can not decide whose translation is better. In this situation you should register at https://translator.openttdcoop.org/ as translator and consult your translation with SilverSurferZzZ.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

As usual, some of the German translations sound weird, or use incorrect or too general terms.

Just for the record, proper terms for coaches are:

- Reisezugwagen (any rail coach)
-- Sitzwagen (a rail coach with seats)
--- Abteilwagen (a compartment coach)
--- Grossraumwagen (an open coach)
-- Liegewagen (a couchette car)
-- Schlafwagen (a sleeping-car)

others:

Schnellzugwagen (an express coach)
Nahverkehrswagen (a local coach)
Gepäckwagen (a baggage coach / luggage van)
Halbgepäckwagen (a half baggage coach)
Bahnpostwagen (a mail van)
Speisewagen (a dining-car)
Halbspeisewagen (a half dining-car)
Bistrowagen (a buffet car)
Salonwagen (a saloon car)
Aussichtswagen (a vista dome car)
Ganzstahlwagen (any steel-built coach)
Steuerwagen (a cab car / driving trailer)
Doppelstockwagen (a bi-level coach)
Durchgangswagen (a compartment coach with gangway bellows)

regards
Michael
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Sorry to interrupt all this translation talk but this set is looking AWESOME. Well done! :D
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

New ZOOM_LEVEL_IN_2X graphics for FIRS Building materials - some concrete elements:
Attachments
Concrete.png
Concrete.png (8.92 KiB) Viewed 5850 times
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

wow it's really time that i ply with this set! I absolutely love the details on the wagons ! very good job!
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

I spent last four days on drawing ZOOM_LEVEL_IN_2X sprites for flatbed wagon Res. It was more than 100 sprites to prepare! You can fing my drawings on openttdcoop:
http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/pkp ... 24z-x2.png

Actually, I have repainted in ZOOM_LEVEL_IN_2X more than 50% od fraight wagons loaded with various cargos.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

New version of Polish PKP Set 2.0.10 is now available on BaNaNaS. :D
kackofant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kackofant »

Greetings Guys!

I thought long about, making my own grf-file for transport tycoon (realy long im supporting transport tycoon scince win95, with th ttdpatch i started to dream. but now...).

scince you guys did a good grat job, showing the possebilitys of the extra zoom levels and 8bit graphics and even a much greater job providing a realy good framework for developing own grf files. with help of this i was able to create my first grf-mod using youre framework and sprites.

=> i dont plan to release what you see, i just wanted to say thank you and proof how easy it is tu build grfs with the help of nml :D the work below is an grf which fits beside the actual pkp set and adds an ty2 tender mod (can be seen around the roundhouse in the lower left corner).

i have to tweak some of the offset values and adjust the technical data but is possible to understand nml at an low level and make an new standalone grf at one sunday afternoon :)

its very nice to see what is possible in ottd at the moment ^^
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

kackofant wrote: [...] can be seen around the roundhouse in the lower left corner
Why did you electrify the depot? Or is this a side effect / bug with that particular rail set?

regards
Michael
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

beautiful train, you should do the whole set :bow:
kackofant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kackofant »

@mb: the roundhouse is build with normal rails. and you should tell why it looks so?! its your one! and it is great! i thought this is a part of the turntable?! (in deutsch: ich dachte es ist eine drahtdingensbumens und muss so (stromversorgung der drehscheibe oder so => selbst nicht elektrifizierte hatten ja da öfter mal irgendwelches gedöhns dran?! ). if it is a bug => im using the finnish (actual version on bananas) rail infrastructure set which seems a bit unready/buggy (but it could be anything else too, im mostly using nightly builds)

@phreeze: nono. nothing you can seen on the screen is drawn by me. i just modified an existing sprite (and this was done only for testing and the lack of 8bit zoom engines). the whole thing is about expressing how less effort is needed to build a new grf and that the framwork (nml structure, features) which polish comerades providing here is great and a stable base for further developments.

auch: please excuse my mediocre english => the german school system is nothing more than a bad pun...
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

[OT]
kackofant wrote: @mb: the roundhouse is build with normal rails. and you should tell why it looks so?! its your one! and it is great! i thought this is a part of the turntable?! (in deutsch: ich dachte es ist eine drahtdingensbumens und muss so (stromversorgung der drehscheibe oder so => selbst nicht elektrifizierte hatten ja da öfter mal irgendwelches gedöhns dran?! ). if it is a bug => im using the finnish (actual version on bananas) rail infrastructure set which seems a bit unready/buggy (but it could be anything else too, im mostly using nightly builds)
Well, since the roundhouses use their own custom (mock) track, they´re also using custom catenary, but only in case their station tiles are "electrified". For this to work, it checks the tracktype (station varAction2 (42)) being "electrified". This should work for all railtype sets including default railtype "ELRL".

I.e., when being built with non-electrified track you should not get catenary. OTOH, when "upgrading" the roundhouse tiles to electrified track, you should get catenary. See also discussion here.

O/c, I didn´t test it with every railtype set available.

regards
Michael
kackofant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kackofant »

I will test it => if it is a bug, it is not dramaticaly. But maybe i have choosen the wrong tracktype while building. i would not care to much, as i said my grf combinations are mostly fragile :D (e.g. im using a combination of swedish and finnish rail infrastructure for normal gauge in combination with the french narrow gauge tracks, which throws a bunch of grf-warnings and overstrain the capabilitys of the new tracks/railtype feature).

im realy looking forwars for your track/train set => ignore this flaw and proceed with more essential things :D
WLK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WLK »

Hello,

I was browsing on the devzone and I found out that there is posted very useful chart of the wagons used in the set: https://dev.openttdcoop.org/attachments ... agons2.png. When I looked into it I found out that in the set are already drawn and coded "special wagons". Uacs silo wagon and car transporter Lekqss should be nice addition to my games but I play only with default industries (OpenGFX+ industries to be exact) so I cant use them (arent visible for me).
Is there any chance to code these wagons to be able to transport GOODS (as default cargo)?I know that there are wagons which are able to trnasport goods but it would be nice eyecandy to have larger variety of wagons.
Thank you.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Polish Trainset (PKP)

Post by peter1138 »

TadeuszD wrote:Why not? ;) Only 8bpp mode supports advanced techniques like palette recoloring.
I'm a bit late to this party, but this is not true. Recolouring is of course supported for 32bpp sprites.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

WLK wrote:Is there any chance to code these wagons to be able to transport GOODS (as default cargo)?I know that there are wagons which are able to trnasport goods but it would be nice eyecandy to have larger variety of wagons.
Thank you.
I can not promise anything. But this is probable. ;)
You can find more usefull charts on project Wiki page: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/pkpset/wiki (under development)
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Hello! I encountered interesting problem.
I added to my train EN57 the ability to transport mail in addition to passengers (optionally, available via refit window). But it generates the problem - when the vehicle transports both passengers and mail and it is going old, the autorenew mechanism doesn't work. :cry:
Can I fix it by changing something in my set? Or it is the lacking of support in OTTD :?:

You can find definition of EN57 train in files:
http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/pkp ... ommon.pnml
http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/pkp ... /en57.pnml
Attachments
EN57.png
EN57.png (60.88 KiB) Viewed 4604 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

the autoreplace code of OpenTTD does not understand multi-cargo vehicles, and thus fails.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

I love ZOOM_2X sprites :!: It is all I need. Graphics are still simplified in OTTD style, but I have no problem where I should put the pixel.
A few days ago I created sprites for historical rolling stock, present in Polish PKP Set 2.0. They will be available soon in version 2.0.11. ;)
Attachments
historical.png
historical.png (1.25 KiB) Viewed 4299 times

Return to “Graphics Development”