Some minor probs - might be a single solution

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Herr Bert
Engineer
Engineer

Some minor probs - might be a single solution

Post by Herr Bert »

after playing TTdlx a lot in the mid or late 90s i just found out, that it is still alive and almost all annoyances seem to be fixed.

thanx a lot to all the people that gave this little jewel such a rebirth to me. (in fact i am spending almost all my spare time with it :oops: )

i installed the latest patch yesterday, added the newest DB set and TTDX Configurator 1.89. and have some probs.

1) TTDX Config says that i should have max 240 trains - i have 54 now, 3 vehicles and 3 planes and can't build more.
2) i am getting testingoffers for new engines - some (no - most!) do not appear. same with the "new engine announcements" - some are available, some not
3) its 1987 now and i already got a lot of monorail engine offers. i think the "castor x 2001 appeared in the late 60s.
4) some diesel engines (to me they look like diesel engines) are said to be steam engines.

looks to me as if there is something going wrong. it doesnt affect gameplay in any strange way, everything else behaves like expected.

has anyone any idea what to do about this?
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

When you add new vehicle sets to your game (such as the DB set), you have to reset the vehicle stats for it to take full effect.

If you have the latest patch, the easiest way to do this is with the new GRF Status window from the settings menu. Simply click on the "Apply" button to apply the graphics sets to your current game.

For older patch versions, you have to use the Cht: ResetVehicles or Cht: Graphics sign cheats. See the manual for more info.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Some minor probs - might be a single solution

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Herr Bert wrote:1) TTDX Config says that i should have max 240 trains - i have 54 now, 3 vehicles and 3 planes and can't build more.
Look for your morevehicles switch, set it to 4 or 5
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Herr Bert
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Herr Bert »

thanx for the help - the amount of purchasable trains has changed with changing the morevehicles option.

but i have no idea, if cht: ResetVehicles worked out right. as said in chapter 4.1.11 Reset Vehicle Data of the manual it is used if a existing game is used with new engines. doesnt matter to me, because i started this game after applying the DB-set. anyway - i did it and (looks like) nothing changed.

btw. i could not find the mentioned option in the new GRF status window. i am using patch 2.0 rev1. where should it be? ingame or in the configurator?

as its possible that i am wrong ill post a screenie of all engines available in 1990 - maybe someone can verfiy this. red dots show things i am not shure about. are steamengines powered by zuckerwatte (candy floss)? and is the BR23 really a steam engine?
Attachments
vehicles1990.png
vehicles1990.png (3.84 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
mnorman
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by mnorman »

that a real mess. The V200 labelled as BR23, VT11 labelled as VT98, and BR232 labelled as V200. The grf status window and associated options, plus support for DB-set XL are in the more recent alpha versions, not in 2.0 rev 1.
Herr Bert
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Herr Bert »

ahhh - getting closer and closer to the solution. last question before upgrading: would you recommend an upgrade to a somewhat patch-newbie?
mnorman
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by mnorman »

I would generally recommend getting a new version after it has been out a few weeks, as by then the early adopters will have found most of the bugs. If you don't like the idea of wading through the cfg. file it might be worth downloading TTDX configurator, although there are reported to be several problems with it (and currently it supports up to alpha 18).
Persoanally I am manageing quite happily with alpha 16, as I am not particularly interested in canals, and I change graphics while not in the game.
Herr Bert
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Herr Bert »

i just gave me the fun of a new installation, the latest patch, the latest configurator and read almost all the manual.

looks like my problem is gone. thanks again for your help. lets hope i can help someone else these days.
Herr Bert
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Herr Bert »

here i am again - one thing is left behind

in my ttdpatch.cfg it is noted

Code: Select all

roadvehs=20
ships=20
trains=240
planes=20
that i am supposed to have 240 trains. no way. there is a somewhat 60-70 limit in my current game. like in the old days. did i miss some config-item?

alpha 21
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

try raise morevehicles switch by one
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
pETe!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pETe! »

and del vehicles.dat

VT95 isn´t named "schinenbus" by default.
(well, but it is one^^)
Herr Bert
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Herr Bert »

http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... OfVehicles
got that, thanks spaceman.

schienenbus rulez!! in our days they are these rotten rusty things parked next to a station. lonely and forgotten. as long as the maintenace costs are that high ill use them only for nostalgy, not for profit or even speeeeed *g*

btw. names worked out right with the apply button in the ingame menu.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”