Vehicle and building editors?

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
wj_webhog
Engineer
Engineer

Vehicle and building editors?

Post by wj_webhog »

Hello,

is there an installation guide for the vehicle and building editors?
I have unpacked the data.wdb file and "installed" the vehicle and building editors in the root folder of the game.
When I run the editors and then open a file (see screenshot), nothing much is displayed and I don't have the feeling that I can change anything...

Not sure what I am doing wrong... my latest guess is that I don't have the right game (have apparently SuS, not 3DTT) ;(

Regards,

Jul
Attachments
vehicle_editor.jpg
vehicle_editor.jpg (60.23 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
building_editor.jpg
building_editor.jpg (67.75 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
sgtdetritus
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Vehicle and building editors?

Post by sgtdetritus »

I am by no means an expert on this subject, but I shall attempt to help. Your screenshot looks the same as I had the first time I ran the vehicle editor. I think you need to copy & paste some files from the GFX_HI folder into the GFX folder. Both of these folders are inside the DATA_WDB folder. The files you need to copy are:
GLEIS1.BMP
GLEIS2.BMP
STRASSE1.BMP
STRASSE2.BMP
STRASSE3.BMP

Once this is done the editor should display the vehicles and you should be able to edit them. As I said, I'm not an expert, but I hope this helps.
Attachments
Vehicle Editor.JPG
Vehicle Editor.JPG (113.5 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
wj_webhog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wj_webhog »

Hi sgtdetritus,

thank you for your answer, but unfortunately this did not help :(

I'll have to wait a little more until someone has another tip for me.

Regards,
sgtdetritus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sgtdetritus »

Hi wj_webhog,

Sorry the tip didn't help, however, I remembered another 2 things I had to do to get the editors working. Firstly the building and vehicle editor programs must be installed into the DATA_WDB folder (see first screenshot) and run from there. The repmaker program should also be installed into this folder.

Secondly, 2 other files need to be copied. They are ADDONDE.LGD & ADDONUK.LGD, these need to be copied into the UI folder (see second screenshot).

Once again, I hope this helps and you get the editors working.
Attachments
The two editor programs and the repmaker program need to be in the DATA_WDB folder and run from there
The two editor programs and the repmaker program need to be in the DATA_WDB folder and run from there
DATA_WDB CONTENTS.JPG (77.22 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
Copy the 2 files into the UI folder
Copy the 2 files into the UI folder
COPY TO UI FOLDER.JPG (75.65 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
wj_webhog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wj_webhog »

sgtdetritus,

alright thanks a lot, it seems to work now (all vehicles and buildings are displayed now).
What I could not figure out yet is how to edit the buildings (factories) capacities so that they produce more, for instance the dairy or autoindustry.

ttyl

JW
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

keep in mind that the game will crash with more than 10 additional vehicles in the list ;)

just for case you plan to add something
wj_webhog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wj_webhog »

don_quijote wrote:keep in mind that the game will crash with more than 10 additional vehicles in the list ;)

just for case you plan to add something
Thank you for that reminder.
Am I allowed to reduce the number of original vehicles though? And replace them by the ones made available in the package "3DTT Addon" available here: https://sites.google.com/a/3dtt.co.cc/3 ... /downloads ???
Maybe I can replace / rename some of the old trucks with more modern ones that I can make available later in the game...
Also what about new textures? If I repack them in a new data.wdb, can I use these for my modified vehicles?

Best regards,

WJ
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

if you are allowes to reduce? I dont know, just trie it ;)

BUT! You cannot replace the old vehicles or add new with the ones from the add-on. they were made fore the 3DTT Alpha and have a different distribution system for goods. The only vehicles from the add-on i got to work, are the double-decker coaches.

Just experiment with the game...and let us know, what you find out ;)
wj_webhog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wj_webhog »

Unfortunately I don't have much time to experiment right now...
The other night I tried to realign cars on the car waggons (because they were not centered) and replaced the VW Golf by red Porsches, but this took me 3 hours of trial and error...
I still haven't figured out how the positionning of goods works out entirely (might be that I was just too tired to think properly).

I also edited all the retiring year values for all the vehicles so it's possible to run an oldtimer train / truck ;)
But I was not successful in re-instating some of the oldest steam engines (pre-1930s), but I think that this might be because the generated map I am playing was started in the 1930s. Hence I guess it's not possible to make this save introduce those engines...

Anyway, as I said I won't have time to experiment in the next days as I will be travelling to the UK (hopefully I can visit the Bluebell Railway while I'm there).

Regards,

JW
mynock
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mynock »

where can i find this editor?
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

mynock wrote:where can i find this editor?
find it all here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=70456

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”