[OTTD] GrapplerBot's Lame Screenshots Thread!

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
GrapplerBot
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] GrapplerBot's Lame Screenshots Thread!

Post by GrapplerBot »

Since all the cool kids are doing it. Also because a story should help me figure out what exactly I want to do in my next game!

Anyway I started a new game using a couple GRFs, like TTR, FISH, and some others that I can't remember the names of.

This story begins in the year 1850. The town of Tonhead had grown quite a lot since its founding a decade before, and the local government decided that it was high time a transportation system was founded to service the local area. Previous attempts had failed as the area was deemed "unprofitable" due to the relatively low population rates.

As such, the town council gathered to discuss the founding of the new company. After much discussion, a decision was reached: the new company would be led by the town's retired physician, Dr. Milton Henderson. Dr. Henderson had distinguished himself among the town by his vast knowledge of things far outside his medical specialty. With the new company's CEO elected, work was soon begun on the first stations.

The original plans had involved a two-lane track to the distant town of Goness Ridge. However, the plans were changed when it was found that the collection put together by the town was severely lacking. Instead, construction would temporarily halt at the much closer town of Trundnor. This station would serve as the endpoint until the company made enough money to continue to Goness Ridge.

By October of 1850, construction on this first leg was complete. Tonhead's citizens gathered to celebrate the opening of the new line and the mayor himself christened the first locomotive, the Pride of Tonhead.

Here we see the Pride of Tonhead leaving Tonhead Station on its maiden run to Trundnor.

Trundnor Station, and the section of rails that mark the end of the first leg's funding.

jor[D]1
Director
Director

Re: [OTTD] GrapplerBot's Lame Screenshots Thread!

Post by jor[D]1 »

Nice, you can make screens with OTTD build-in feature. ctrl+s, it saves a PNG screenshot in your documents OTTD folder.
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

Nice screenshots! You storytelling is also nice addition.
GrapplerBot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GrapplerBot »

jor[D]1 wrote:Nice, you can make screens with OTTD build-in feature. ctrl+s, it saves a PNG screenshot in your documents OTTD folder.
Thanks, I'll have to use that for the next set.
Katve wrote:Nice screenshots! You storytelling is also nice addition.
The screenshots will get a lot better when I actually start making enough money in the game to really build out. I'm finding that it's really hard to get passengers to use train stations in the 1800s because the trains are so slow. The station rating goes up 10 points after the train leaves but by the time the next one gets to the station it's already gone down 10 points. :?

Anyway, here's the rest of last night's play.

By 1853, the young company was in trouble. The town council soon realized why no other company had established a rail system in the area- the populace was so settled that very few were interested in riding the train regularly. With the company just barely making it through each month, Dr. Henderson took a bold step that he hoped would pull the company through. Using his own savings, he ordered the construction of a freight line from the nearby coal mine.

Here we see the freight engine Miner's Daughter pulling out fully loaded from Old Malhead Mines.

Although frowned upon by some board members, this step was indeed the salvation of the company. Dips into the red became much less frequent, and by 1856, a second coal line was added to another nearby mine.

In 1859, the company had made enough money to start the next leg of the main line- a one-line leg to Puburgh.

In an effort to increase efficiency and decrease waiting times for the passengers that already used the main route, the single long passenger train was split into three shorter trains. With the frequency of available trains raised, ratings for the passenger lines slowly began to increase, and by 1863, the leg to Puburgh was finished with the second rail.

Long term plans: make everything prettier using more CHIPS tiles
Make stations that are interesting to look at
make more money than I lose each month
???
Profit!
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

GrapplerBot wrote: I'm finding that it's really hard to get passengers to use train stations in the 1800's because the trains are so slow. The station rating goes up 10 points after the train leaves but by the time the next one gets to the station it's already gone down 10 points. :?
Use couple of shorter trains on line. Passengers doesn't need to wait for so long and station rating and profit increase :D
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Katve wrote:
GrapplerBot wrote: I'm finding that it's really hard to get passengers to use train stations in the 1800's because the trains are so slow. The station rating goes up 10 points after the train leaves but by the time the next one gets to the station it's already gone down 10 points. :?
Use couple of shorter trains on line. Passengers doesn't need to wait for so long and station rating and profit increase :D
Alternatively, buses. Towns love buses.
Last known as: Weirdy

Return to “Screenshots”