Driving backwards

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Driving backwards

Post by michael blunck »

AndersI wrote:
mb wrote:
Eddi wrote: reversing times
Isn´t this a bit over the top?
Or is it about game balancing?
It´s all about game-balancing, and I´m always striving for better game-balancing. But, setting-up complicated game-balancing schemes will never result in good game-balancing. And with ever more subtle features, game-balancing would neither become easier nor better.
AndersI wrote: (sorry, coming back to Real Life after a week with the flu and high(!) fever, and feeling the need to communicate with the world again)
Nice to meet you here, Anders. Get well soon.

regards
Michael
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

frosch wrote: 13 Feb 2013 21:59 I have a working patch now, which allows trains to drive backwards, while the consists keep their arrangement.
I don't suppose you have this code still, a decade later? I'd like to explore continuing the project. :)
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

2TallTyler wrote: 01 Jan 2023 23:31
frosch wrote: 13 Feb 2013 21:59 I have a working patch now, which allows trains to drive backwards, while the consists keep their arrangement.
I don't suppose you have this code still, a decade later? I'd like to explore continuing the project. :)
There's a fork of OpenTTD on Github owned by 'frosh123', which might bear fruit for you, 2TallTyler.
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

I looked, it’s not there. :?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

2TallTyler wrote: 01 Jan 2023 23:31
Karn did a patch on realistic shunting where reversing trains seems to be at work.
Sadly it seems to have been abandoned about 4 years ago.
I checked his source code link and it is still valid.
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

I got the code from frosch on Discord. Here is the original code and here is my version, rebased to current master.

I took a stab at fixing and completing the project, but am not quite ready for it. Still, thought I'd post it here in case anybody wants it.

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”