Number cities problem

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pasildan
Engineer
Engineer

Number cities problem

Post by pasildan »

Hello again guys... excuse me I have a problem... I have a notebook and a computer... the notebook uses 32 bit windows 7 and computer 64 bits windows 7...

I have a non-expected trouble and i don't know how to fix it... today i decided to play openttd in the notebook and when the game just started in hard mode...

the game had one million cities in the map... i don't know if this one does correctly because never before i saw something like this... cities everywhere... and i don't know understand why. In the other hand, the computer works perfectly the openttd... you can see a normal amount of cities around the map in easy, medium and hard mode.... really i don't know how to fix it, i love the game really... but i don't know how to fix it in the notebook... please help me guys... thanks.

Here you have one screenshoot from the two sides to check what is going on:
Attachments
desktop computer openttd.jpg
the computer openttd
(573.59 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
notebook openttd.jpg
notebook openttd
(401.57 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Number cities problem

Post by Transportman »

When they have the same settings, they should result in approximately the same amount of cities. Sounds like one of them as a different number of towns set in the World Generation/New Game menu.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
pasildan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pasildan »

any suggestion to fix the trouble please? i don't get any idea t.t
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Can you show what the Difficulty Settings window says for number of towns? If it says custom, it means you entered a wrong number in the World Generation screen, if it says something else then your notebook game should say something like high (but the amount looks really high), while your desktop should say something like very low.

You can rename your file to a .scn file and open it in the scenario editor to add/remove towns and then rename it back to a savegame, but it probably is faster to restart a game with the correct settings.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
pasildan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pasildan »

Unfortunately my friend i have both games (desktop computer and notebook) in hard mode, computer and notebook... and i don't know why in notebook appears a looooooooooot of cities... really i don't know...

it's supposed that in hard mode you have number of cities: high , and i tried in desktop computer with 32 and 64 bits installing... both in the same result as you can see in the screen shoot... any suggestion to fix it please? ;/
pasildan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pasildan »

hey guys... thanks for the help... but i fixed up... just i unistalled the game AND REMOVED the default folder installed in my documents for openTTD where you have the auto-saves and online content... maybe was a bug from this files... here you have a screenshoot after re-installing and using the same options before in hard mode.
Attachments
desktop PC after removing openTTD from my documents.jpg
desktopPC after removing first the folder and re-installing
(743.21 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
pasildan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pasildan »

okay nono... i'm wrong , again i checked some options from the game and it wasn't the folder which was removed... there is a problem with respect to Latin American name towns because when I select to use Latin American town names then I start a new game and there are very few towns in the map... when i select england town names everything is okay... that's my contribution :)
MinchinWeb
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MinchinWeb »

Indeed, each town much have a unique name. If the name generator can't come up with a unique name after so many tries, no new towns get added to the map.

[shameless plug] If you need lot and lots of names, my Random Town Name Generator will give you up to 2 million names. [/shameless plug]
Alberta Town Names - 1500+ real names from 'Acme' to 'Zama City'
MinchinWeb's Random Town Name Generator - providing 2 million plus names...
WmDOT v13 - An AI that doubles as your highway department
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

MinchinWeb wrote:Indeed, each town much have a unique name. If the name generator can't come up with a unique name after so many tries, no new towns get added to the map.

[shameless plug] If you need lot and lots of names, my Random Town Name Generator will give you up to 2 million names. [/shameless plug]
Yup indeed. Especially "real town name sets" are prone to fail in providing sufficiently many town names for huge maps. A town name generator suitable for 2k^2 maps should provide also around 2k names (that is even only 1 town for every 44x44 tiles, not even high density). Many "realistiic" town name sets fail to do so nor do they provide for those cases additional random names.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”