infinite money cheat/sandbox mode

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

DDPOTTER
Engineer
Engineer

infinite money cheat/sandbox mode

Post by DDPOTTER »

I would like to suggest a idea of a infinite money cheat added to the cheat menu because there is one saved game that I play and all I want to do is build and create a massive network of railways and bus routes. But because my network is so big I lose money rather than make it. So every 10 mins I have to pause the game to keep adding money on the cheat as i start going indent which I find a little bit too much time consuming. Just a idea. you may or may not agree with it but id like to see something like that. even its its a option to freeze your money or something so it don't go down.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: infinite money cheat/sandbox mode

Post by Yexo »

Try disabling infrastructure maintenance cost first. If that doesn't help I'd be interested to see why you keep losing money. Normally once you have a decent network you make so much money you can't spend it all.
DDPOTTER
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DDPOTTER »

jsut checked it and it is disabled. my game is losing about £100000000 a second.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Would you mind uploading your savegame so other can take a look at it?
DDPOTTER
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DDPOTTER »

Its saying the file size is too large to upload 6MB is the max and my saved game is 7.29MB. Id also be interested to see why it does aswell
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Try dropbox or a similar file service.
DDPOTTER
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DDPOTTER »

Ive uploaded and shared it on my skydrive.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=F ... 8B253E!386
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

After a quick look, I noticed that your trains are scheduled to stay a long time in some stations. Some even 124 days. While they are loading/unloading/standing at a station, you do pay their running costs, and because of this long time, the trains don't make any money.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
DDPOTTER
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DDPOTTER »

ah makes sense. The way ive timetable them is to make it more like real life. meaning 100 days on the game would be 10 mins to us. and 600 days would be 60 mins.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you could try the base cost GRF, and lowering the maintenance costs for trains etc.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

DDPOTTER wrote:ah makes sense. The way ive timetable them is to make it more like real life. meaning 100 days on the game would be 10 mins to us. and 600 days would be 60 mins.
I personally take 1 day=1 min, but only for the time between trains. In the Netherlands that is almost always 30 minutes, so in my games that translates to a gap of 30 days between trains on the same route. Loading times I can't do this way, because most trains are only some minutes in the station here, while full unload+full load would be 10-20 days (dependent on vehicle set and the actual vehicle), so there I don't care about the conversion scheme I have for days and minutes.

[EDIT]Also, what works in real life, doesn't always work in OpenTTD, since OpenTTD is a simplification on most points of that real life, and scales are completely wrong, so not everything can be translated from real life to OpenTTD. If you want to play with real minutes, you could take a look at a daylength patch in the OpenTTD Development section of this forum.[/EDIT]
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
DDPOTTER
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DDPOTTER »

iif i timetabled my game to do 1 day for 1 min. All trains would all get congested as i got so many different lines comming out of all different stations.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

You should improve your network layout then ;)
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
DDPOTTER
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DDPOTTER »

Lord Aro wrote:You should improve your network layout then ;)
haha. im trying to build one that covers a whole 2048 x 2048 with 1000 towns. Got like one place as a main train hub for connections
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you should rethink your network topology then :)

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”