Transmitter (???)

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
black_knight
Engineer
Engineer

Transmitter (???)

Post by black_knight »

Have not been in the forum for a week. Here I am again.

What is the function of the transmitter (the new? building in the world editor)?
One thing that attracted my attention was that some cities refused to let me build stations in them without even having a town rating!
Is this the transmittor's fault, or just a bug?

As we speak about bugs, I have achieved all the requirements for 1000 Points. Well, I was a tycoon for 3 years. For some strange reason my rating dropped to around 900 and stayed unchanged for half a year. Then it went back to 1000. After a year it dropped again, but now it's back to normal. Why is this happening? Is this a bug?

BTW, I downloaded the world editor and made all the cities start with 5000 citizen. Now 30 years later all cities have between 25000 and 30000 citizen. In the first 4 years they really boomed and their citizens tripled. Then they slowed down, after reaching 15000 citizen. I want to know if the 15000 mark is a critical in the city growth? Can this be the work of the transmittor?

Before I forget - the closed industries were neither badly serviced, nor their capacity fell critically low. Their production was fairly normal.

10x
"The Confused Army Gives Away The Win To The Enemy" - Sun Tzu
""Way" Means, That There Are Many Ways" - Miamoto Musashi
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re:Transmitter (???)

Post by orudge »

The transmitter is just scenery. However, you can't remove them, which can be a bit of a pain if you're going up a narrow mountain with a railway line and there's a transmitter in the way.

As for your rating going up and down, see the Transport Tycoon Semi-FAQ - there is a page with information on how the rating is calculated.

Also, large cities do not grow easily once they get very large (eg, into the many thousands). If you service them well, they should/might grow.
black_knight
Engineer
Engineer

Post by black_knight »

orudge (22-12-2001 14:46):
The transmitter is just scenery.
But how will you explain that some of the refused to let me build stations without having town ratings, which means they do't know me?

The Black Knight salutes you!
"The Confused Army Gives Away The Win To The Enemy" - Sun Tzu
""Way" Means, That There Are Many Ways" - Miamoto Musashi
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I don't know. This might be a stupid question, but are you sure the land was flat and so on?

If you keep having problems, zip up the game and send it to me, and I'll have a look.

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”