[Univ] GRVTS - Generic Road Vehicles and Trams sets

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [Univ] GRVTS - Generic Road Vehicles and Trams sets

Post by CTarana45 »

This set deserves a Five Star Rating! :lol: I'm using it currently and will keep using it! eGRVT''s Version 2!

Christopher Tarana
bungus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bungus »

Elukka wrote: 10 Dec 2022 09:18 It looks like there are no eGRVTS vehicles capable of transporting sulphur from FIRS arctic. Would this be a eGRVTS issue or a FIRS issue?

e: Apparently this could be because sulphur is classified as both bulk and liquid.
This is a eGRVTS issue, the vehicles need to explicitly allow sulphur through the NewGRF cargo_label https://grf.farm/firs/4.15.1/html/code_ ... tml#cargos

To the eGRVTS devs, would it be possible to get access to the source code to create a patch for this? I love these vehicles so much, they fit the vanilla style of the game and aren't bloated with tons of useless vehicles, and I hate having to choose between this or FIRS.
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

Code: Select all

r238
- Added Sulphur (SULP) cargo to tankers
Attachments
eGRVTS2_1.grf
(8.19 MiB) Downloaded 187 times
bungus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bungus »

LaDoncella, thank you so much :D
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Thank you for keeping this alive through my hiatus :)
De Funes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by De Funes »

Hi LaDoncella, Hi Everyone,

nice work, to see after a few years further development on something I liked many years ago (actually at the very beginning of eGRVTS development). Thanks for that LaDoncella.

I tested the new game with a 2.0 to 2.1- r238 upgrade (modified by LaDoncella) and had one graphical issue with the tram depots combined with my favorite Total Town Replacement Set.

The bug is that when building a non-electrified tram line, offered graphic of tram depot is the same as the Total Town Replacement Set replaces the original road vehicle depot graphic. This in itself is not such a problem, functionally everything is fine - the tram depot offers non-electrified tram vehicles (only trams). Less pleasing to the eye is the graphic error consisting in the absence of tram tracks at the depot's entrance gate - see the attached images.

If I select the electrified tram structure construction tool, the correct graphic form of the tram depot is used, i.e. one where the tracks leading inside the tram depot are visible.

I would like to know if this error with using a different depot graphic (a road depot instead of a tram depot) is caused by some collision between these two sets (Total Town Replacement Set vs. eGRVTS v2.1-r238) and is it unsolvable or is it a bug in eGRVTS that occurred after splitting the construction of tram lines into electrified ones and non-electrified. Would it be possible to fix the error, if it was an error in eGRVTS, so that the correct depot is shown to me in the game - that is, the one where the tracks are also laid in the entrance part of the depot?

Thank you very much for your time and possible response.

PS: Additionally, the Total Town Replacement Set (TTRS) uses a dual graphical rendering of the road vehicle depot. One graphic form is used until the end of 1969 and the other form from 1970 onwards. Tram depot TTRS does not replace.
PS2: I'm using OpenTTD 14.0 RC1.

De Funes
Attachments
electrified vs. non-electrified tram depot
electrified vs. non-electrified tram depot
2024-03-07 145947.png (104.05 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
Transport Tycoon player since 1997

Return to “Graphics Releases”