Transport Tycoon working under windowsXP

Old messages from the Transport Tycoon forum at owenrudge.net.
Kingpin

Transport Tycoon working under windowsXP

Post by Kingpin »

hi........

I have a problem playing Transport Tycoon under Windows XP

What can the problem be?
ttdlx
Engineer
Engineer

Re:Transport Tycoon working under windowsXP

Post by ttdlx »

tave a look @ the newsgroup @

alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc
visit my website @ http://www.ttdlx.co.uk
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

TT doesn't work on XP. See the previous messages in this forum (choose to show posts from all the time) and on <a href="news:alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc">AGMTT</a>.
the_nightcrawler
Engineer
Engineer

Post by the_nightcrawler »

From what I hear, its all to do with XP having no DOS drivers or support at all, not even the Home Edition of XP with its 95, 98 Emulation ....

Later ...
ThE ÑiGhTcRaWlÊr
chrislocke
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrislocke »

orudge (26-12-2001 14:04):
TT doesn't work on XP. See the previous messages in this forum (choose to show posts from all the time) and on <a href="news:alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc">AGMTT</a>.
I don't have access to the newsgroups ... does the Windows version of Tycoon Deluxe work with Windows 2000?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

No, neither the DOS nor the Windows versions will run under Windows NT/2000/XP without something like VMWare.
dbfriends
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dbfriends »

Hi from a BIG TTDLX fan...

I was really disappointed to read/discover the game wouldn't run after I'd installed XP. But I've never been one to let anything like that stop me.

A quick hunt on the internet suggests if you have TTDLX for Windows, download the TTDPatch here - http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/ttdpatch/ttdpt17W.zip

The site says: "If you get a registry error, run regedt32 (not regedit!) and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREFISH Technology GroupTransport Tycoon DeluxeHDPath then simply click OK. Make no changes, the entry is corrected automatically as soon as you edit it."

So once you've corrected the registry error, you should just be able to run the patch file in the TTDLX directory and it'll run! I haven't got it working full-screen yet - it kept giving me that "No CD" error when I tried - but I'm sure I'll get there in the end :)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

The Windows version of TTD does run on XP now as you say, thanks to TTDPatch. However, version 1.7 (which you linked to) does not contain the updates - only the latest alphas do. Download http://joesbox.cjb.net/ttdpatch/latestw.zip which is the latest version, released today.
valhar2000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by valhar2000 »

I have been able to succefully run TTDLX for Windows in Windows XP by doing the following:

1) Downloading the 15th alpha of Ttdpatch (it is supposed to be more stable than the latest, but you can always try the latest ones to see if the problems have been resolved).

2) Correcting the faulty key in the registry.

3) Double clicking on the ttdpatch executable, clicking on properties, going to the compatibility tab and selecting the Windows 95 option.

This way, the game runs fine at full screen.
evilpettingzoo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by evilpettingzoo »

bwaa ha ha, etc. i have been able to bypass the cd check error! the only problem is that it freezes after the intro.

go to http://www.o-keating.com/features/tycoonwwwboard

and check the post by Bob near the top of the page. i dont feel like typing all that up again. too lazy.

g'luck getting past the intro!
eikel_666
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eikel_666 »

Thanks Joe. I've got it up and running now. Only a little problem with the sound.
Finally i can play again and again and again,...

TTDX DOES WORK ON XP.

Post by Guest »

BEING A LONG TIME FAN OF TTDX I WAS ANNOYED THAT IT WOULDN'T WORK ON XP. BUT WITHIN 2 HOURS OF LOGGING ONTO THIS SITE I HAD GOT IT RUNNING IN FULL SCREEN MODE AND WITH SOUND.I FIRST DOWNLOADED THE FULL TTDX GAME.[THEN I DOWNLOADED THE TTDPATCH - 1.8 VERSION -. YOU SAVE THEM TOGETHER IN YOUR TTDX FOLDER i.e.: C:\MPS\TTDWIN95, IN MY CASE. :D AFTER THAT YOU GO TO -RUN- AND TYPE regedt32 AND FIND HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FISH Technology Group etc . DOUBLE CLICK IT AND THEN CLICK OK.ALL YOU DO NOW IS OPEN YOUR MPS FOLDER AND RIGHT CLICK THE TTDPATCH ICON AND GO TO THE COMPATABILITY TAB AND SET IT TO RUN IN WINDOWS 95. FINALLY DOUBLE CLICK THE TTDPAT ICON AND ROBERT SHOULD BE YOUR DAD'S BROTHER. [/b]
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

BTW, if you downloaded the latest TTDPatch 1.8.1 beta (from http://www.ttdpatch.com/beta/), you wouldn't have had to modify the registry manually. There are also some other fixes relating to Windows 2000/XP support.
kegger

OH DAMN THAX U GUYS

Post by kegger »

i have been looking for months but thank's to the tweakers, i am now able to play TTD again, and again .

THANK YOU

ken

Post by Guest »

hey people i cant get ttd to work under xp for the life of me.. i try running the patch and it dont wanna work, it keeps coming up with the error can axs com port 3... why would it be looking for com3??? anyone im open to suggestions...

Post by Guest »

TRY THE PROCEDURE I POSTED ON THE 26th MAY.UNLESS YOU HAVE AN UNUSUALLY CONFIGURED SYSTEM IT SHOULD WORK.GOOD LUCK ----------Darren / LEEDS , ENGLAND.
JanEgilFadum

Post by JanEgilFadum »

There are too many answers on this site on how to make TTDLX work with XP. I finally got it to work with all options and sound effects.

I downloaded the file "TTDX.Win.Zip" (a WinRar file packed into a ZIP-file - strange 8O ) from http://www.reservatory.org, and stored it in a temp-folder. One need both WinZip an WinRaR to finally extract whats inside the Zip-file.

Then I downloaded "ttdpt181bw4.zip" (the latest patch) and stored it in the same folder.

Then I created a folder called "TTDLX installs" and another called "Transport Tycoon DLX" in my "Games"-folder.
I extracted the WinRaR file to the "TTDLX installs"-folder.
Next i opened the "TTDLX instals" and ran "Setup.exe", and selected the destination folder for the installastion to be c:\games\Transport Tycoon DLX

When The installation finished, I extracted all files in "ttdpt181bw4.zip" to c:\games\Transport Tycoon DLX and ran the "ttdpatchw.exe".
I quit the game once it started, then I ran "TTconfig.exe" in the gamefolder and selected SB AWE 32 Soundcard. I left the others settings to default.
So now everytime I start the game, I've set the shortcut to the game to run "ttdpatchw.exe".

One doesnt have to edit the registry if u do it this way.
I use SB Audigy Player, so the games recognizes it as SB AWE32. It works fine.
I don't know if it matters, but I have all availabe updates for XP installed. I guess it doesn't hurt to download a few compability-patches for XP.

Enjoy 8)
rik2k2

Nice one

Post by rik2k2 »

thanx for the detailed answer, much more helpful than all the others lol.
my problem was i had TT deluxe dos (dont ask...) and i needed a link for 95 version, i had run across the page u sed before, but somehow missed that link :oops:
anyway, now time to build a global transport network 8)

Post by Guest »

orudge wrote:TT doesn't work on XP. See the previous messages in this forum (choose to show posts from all the time) and on <a href="news:alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc">AGMTT</a>.
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Return to “Owen's TT Station Forum (Archived Posts)”