Random Sprites Repository Posting Thread [PLEASE READ RULES]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

justaplayer
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Random Sprite Repository Posting Thread [PLEASE READ RULES]

Post by justaplayer »

A nice looking bus which is free to use but i have to be credited
Attachments
the bus
the bus
buzz.PNG (3.05 KiB) Viewed 7399 times
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Random Sprites Repository Posting Thread [PLEASE READ RULES]

Post by 3iff »

I currently use a customised vehicle set that features a lot of rail wagons in the original design (with original engines). My original source was the OGFX trains .grf (I think that was the name).

However, One of the things I really like about real-life freight trains is the huge variation in wagon appearance. I've had some small successes with flatbed containers regarding size and colouring...so some are short containers and some are long, then I use a colour randomiser to have them appear in different colours.

I also recoloured the default white food wagons to have different side marks to show fruit, fish wagons are purple-ish...and so on.
The point is that I don't want oil, chemicals, beer and milk to be carried by wagons that look the same.

However, I really am poor at the graphics side. I should perhaps show you what I currently have...need a screenshot or two.

Does anyone have any standard sized wagons for various freights that I can use? Or maybe you know where there are public domain graphics?
justaplayer
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Random Sprite Repository Posting Thread [PLEASE READ RULES]

Post by justaplayer »

justaplayer wrote: 26 Jun 2021 14:15 A nice looking bus which is free to use but i have to be credited
forgot to add a licence so here it is: GPL v3
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I missed this, but a few years back Yoshi and SwissFan91 dropped the sprites for their now-abandoned TARS Town project. Lots of good buildings here that could go into a functional town set or object set.

viewtopic.php?p=1166079#p1166079
kedzior3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kedzior3 »

Hi, I'm new on TT-Forums. Sorry for my English, at the begining, because it's not my first language.

I play in OpenTTD so many years, it's been haha, maybe 20, idk... I work on my 2048x2048 Poland map, and I use many different NewGRFs, but still this NewGRFs not satisfying me in 100%.
Polish building set is so generic for me, and without an austrian-hungary and prussian architecture. So I decided to draw a my graphics for future buildings and etc. NewGRF set of old buildings.

For the begining, I customize a station building from Hungary Station Set to Austrian-Hungary typical building. Next, I designed a newer simplified version with a corner - this buildings is typical for post-war simplifing because war destroys many from this. The last one - it's a tenement house from Polish building Set, I've changed to a Gdańsk's tenement similar to Długa/Ławnicza street.

License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Or put my nick in the credits.
Attachments
kamienica.png
kamienica.png (1.81 KiB) Viewed 656 times
kamienica1.png
kamienica1.png (1.77 KiB) Viewed 656 times
kamienica3.png
kamienica3.png (2.29 KiB) Viewed 656 times
Last edited by kedzior3 on 09 Jan 2024 00:34, edited 2 times in total.
belgi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by belgi »

kedzior3 wrote: 09 Jan 2024 00:33 Hi, I'm new on TT-Forums. Sorry for my English, at the begining, because it's not my first language.

I play in OpenTTD so many years, it's been haha, maybe 20, idk... I work on my 2048x2048 Poland map, and I use many different NewGRFs, but still this NewGRFs not satisfying me in 100%.
Polish building set is so generic for me, and without an austrian-hungary and prussian architecture. So I decided to draw a my graphics for future buildings and etc. NewGRF set of old buildings.

For the begining, I customize a station building from Hungary Station Set to Austrian-Hungary typical building. Next, I designed a newer simplified version with a corner - this buildings is typical for post-war simplifing because war destroys many from this. The last one - it's a tenement house from Polish building Set, I've changed to a Gdańsk's tenement similar to Długa/Ławnicza street.

Hello!
A nice job that would be useful for all of us from Central Europe!
Thanks! I wish you a lot of strength to continue!

Have a nice day
kedzior3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kedzior3 »

Something newer than before - 1936 The Albin and Marianna Orłowscy Historic Tenement House from Gdynia.
https://pomorskie.travel/en/punkty-poi/ ... rlowskich/
This one should be in 2x1.

Attachments
kamienica_orlowskich.png
kamienica_orlowskich.png (2.67 KiB) Viewed 481 times
Last edited by kedzior3 on 12 Jan 2024 23:44, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Graphics Development”