New Factory(with cars!)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

shawn_ardies
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by shawn_ardies »

Marcel wrote:I was only curios if they work, you wrote that you aren´t sure about it.
i know, i'm not sure how to convert them to dos and i don't have Dos to try it out.
you can modify the past,
you can create the present,
or you can design the future...

in a video game :D
Marcel
President
President

Post by Marcel »

Try a search, I wrote some time ago a tutorial. You don´t need the dos version, only the trg1.grf.
shawn_ardies
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by shawn_ardies »

thanks marcel, i'll do it when i have the time. :D
you can modify the past,

ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

Something to bear in mind is that if this is for the tropical climate, few of the areas that it resembles are in English-speaking countries.

You have the Americas, Africa and Asia

America: In C and S, most nations have Spanish as their official language. The main exception is Brazil, where it is Portuguese. In both cases, the word you're after is "BANCO"

Africa: N, W and C Africa is mostly nations in which French is significant, either becauseit is currently official, or is widely-spoken due to colonial influences. The word is "BANQUE"

Asia: This is where it gets complicated.

* Indian Subcontinent: Lots of different languages here, though English, French and Portuguese are probably the best bets.

* China: (I could be very wrong on this point) Again, lots of different languages, however IIRC they all use the same ideographic script (someone told me that this is the reason for a lot of Chinese television being subtitled), so while the word for "bank" may be different, the written symbol(s) would probably be the same. Not that I know what that is.

* Indonesia and the Phillipines: Portuguese has strong influences here, what with both being former colonies.

In summary, it's probably better to not have a sign at all. If you must have one, maybe put a diamond on a big stick (build a station by the bank and look at the cargo being loaded).

Besides that, the building itself looks pretty good (unless it's taken from somewhere else in the sprite set, in which case shame on you :P ).

Oh, and post 8-bit images as GIFs or PNGs, not JPEGs. JPEG is designed for photographs, where image preservation is not important.
shawn_ardies
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by shawn_ardies »

you are right. at first i was making this for the temperate climate but then i thought rob's bank looked pretty good :) so i decided it was for the tropical. but that is a good point, here how about this :D
Attachments
newbank4.GIF
newbank4.GIF (26.17 KiB) Viewed 4628 times
smallbankr.zip
Get it here!
(1.78 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
you can modify the past,

shawn_ardies
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by shawn_ardies »

here a new graphic:
Attachments
its a new printing works with parking.
its a new printing works with parking.
printing works.PNG (20.79 KiB) Viewed 4558 times
cprintwork.zip
For WIN
(2.1 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
you can modify the past,

shawn_ardies
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by shawn_ardies »

I've also made a parking set with all the latest versions of my parking graphics:
Attachments
parkingset1.zip
Get it here!
(6.82 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
parkingset.PNG
parkingset.PNG (51.47 KiB) Viewed 4546 times
you can modify the past,

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

shawn_ardies wrote:I've also made a parking set with all the latest versions of my parking graphics:
Just to bug you shawn, you know a factory in a snow covered landscape probably should have some snow ;)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
rogiercreemers
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rogiercreemers »

the chinese for "bank" is "yinhang" (pronounced "een-hawng"), in Mandarin, and indeed, the word is written the same in all the chinese sublanguages (a bit like english, dutch, german and so on all using the same letters). For those who are interested: the characters are 银行
shawn_ardies
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by shawn_ardies »

Darkvater wrote:
shawn_ardies wrote:I've also made a parking set with all the latest versions of my parking graphics:
Just to bug you shawn, you know a factory in a snow covered landscape probably should have some snow ;)
that is the printing works and all i did was add parking lots, the rest was like that. but i might make one with snow later. :D
you can modify the past,

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Darkvater wrote:
Thats pretty much impossible, unless it is in a grf. That is just a modification of the current graphics, and TTD doesn't put snow on it ATM... If Shawn drew Snow onto it, it would appear all the time, even below the snowline. MB is working on this though, as you can see in his website, he has snow covered industry that adds snow when built above the snowline...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

But these thing look all wrong, its like toy cars, try parking a Spitzer behind one of thoce...
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
Georg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Georg »

Zetor2003 wrote:But these thing look all wrong, its like toy cars, try parking a Spitzer behind one of thoce...
But the cars have approx. the right size compared to trains, houses and industries. So I think the "long vehicles" - which look great, nonetheless - are too big, rather than the cars are too small.
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

So you estimate a car is about the size of a window?

Anyways, park a foster bus behind it then.
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Zetor2003 wrote:But these thing look all wrong, its like toy cars, try parking a Spitzer behind one of thoce...
Zetor2003 wrote:So you estimate a car is about the size of a window?

Anyways, park a foster bus behind it then.
Stop it. I want to see you shut up and go do better... Otherwise, I don't want to hear your little comments from someone who couldn't draw himself out of a cardboard box. You obviously don't know that those cars are the same size as the ones MB made right? He made nice cars from scratch, in the same size/scale as the cars already in the game.

No more critisism, if you don't like it, don't download it. Now shoo.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
shawn_ardies
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by shawn_ardies »

anyways, i need ideas, anyone got an idea which building i should add parking to, i was thinking of adding parking to the small airport, what do you all think? :D
you can modify the past,

JC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JC »

uh, the lines are too white. simple as that. try using the same 'white' thats in the lines on the factory.
shawn_ardies
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by shawn_ardies »

JC wrote:uh, the lines are too white. simple as that. try using the same 'white' thats in the lines on the factory.
um sorry, i'm not sure what you mean. do you mean the color of the lines on the roof?
you can modify the past,

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

He means the lines you used to mark the parking spots is too bright. He wants a white that is the same colour as on the roof of the factory.

Now that thats translated, I am going to disagree with it. As he provided no armgument as to why they were too white, I'll provide none back. They are not too white. Simple as that :P.

I like these parking spots, just gotta kick TT and get it working AGAIN... *sigh*.
ImageImage
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

rogiercreemers wrote:the chinese for "bank" is "yinhang" (pronounced "een-hawng"), in Mandarin, and indeed, the word is written the same in all the chinese sublanguages (a bit like english, dutch, german and so on all using the same letters). For those who are interested: the characters are 银行
Those are the same characters used in Japanese (though it's not the general case for Japanese and Chinese). The Japanese reading is ginkou ("gingkoh"), which can be written in hiragana (sound alphabet) as ぎんこう.

Return to “Graphics Development”