Simutrans, What is it

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
sss
Engineer
Engineer

Simutrans, What is it

Post by sss »

What is simutrans?
is it better than openttd?
Im thinking about trying it.
looks neat how u build your own airport ^^
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Simutrans, What is it

Post by Alberth »

sss wrote:What is simutrans?
It is a transport simulation game, as that's the theme of the entire forum (except the off-topic forum of course :p ).
sss wrote:is it better than openttd?
Simutrans people say yes, OpenTTD people say no. In short, you are asking a useless question. Each person has its own ranking of games. Also, I find 'better/worse' too one-dimensional, I'd say 'different'.
I suggest you give simutrans a try, and find out how you rank Simutrans vs OpenTTD.
sss wrote:Im thinking about trying it.
looks neat how u build your own airport ^^
That's the only way to find out how YOU like Simutrans (which, by extension of what I said above, has no meaning for anyone but you).
sss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sss »

Thanks for all that but i need some more help:
1:im using the simutrans pak 96 comic and i cant find the airplane tab.
2: Could you give some in depth help about passenger transport?
Thanks.
ALSO:
I dont like it so far because of the fact that you actually have to take passengers where they WANT to go unlike openttd.
Dwachs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dwachs »

lol, thats the way passenger transport is supposed to be: Bring people to the place they want to go, not to the place you want them going to :P

Congratulations, you found one thing that makes simutrans different from ottd (or vice-versa).
sss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sss »

Dwachs wrote:lol, thats the way passenger transport is supposed to be: Bring people to the place they want to go, not to the place you want them going to :P

Congratulations, you found one thing that makes simutrans different from ottd (or vice-versa).
Lol
and thats why i dont play it anymore :P
Pottsy
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Pottsy »

sss wrote:Thanks for all that but i need some more help:
1:im using the simutrans pak 96 comic and i cant find the airplane tab.
Not all transport types are in all the paks. In my opinion, if you want to all types, use pak64.

Also, building airports is very different to OTTD. while in OTTD you simply place down a pre designed airport, in simutrans you place down a runway of any length and place terminals and taxiway where you like. In other words, airports in ST are fully customisable.
Another small change to OTTD is that building stations is similar to LoMo in that you build that track/road and then build stations.
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56094 My screenshots.
Formally know as Pottanda

Return to “Simutrans”