What am I missing?

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

What am I missing?

Post by CTarana45 »

I'm coming from TTD Patch and OpenTTD! I'm trying to figure out why I can't get passengers into my busses then to the airport for a flight to a neighboring city. Setting up all the hardware was easy, Road Depots, Bus Stops and Busses. Bus station at Airports too. 8) Airports have taxiways, runways, loading areas, Depots and terminals. :mrgreen: No problems getting the aircraft to fly from one to the other. The software is the problem, the people are missing! I'm using Pak128 and I don't use Lines when setting up the routes, I wonder if this might be a problem? :D

Thanks!

ChristopherT
Dwachs
Engineer
Engineer

Re: What am I missing?

Post by Dwachs »

Did you already built your aircrafts and buses ? You must build them first, otherwise no passengers will show up.

Do your stations accept passengers? Check for a small passenger icon in the station window. Under Station Window -> Details you will see all connected halts for a particular freight (eg passengers).

uploading a savegame would also help to help :)
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

I'm pretty sure I built the stops before I bought the busses! I'll upload the saved game later today!

Thanks, Dwachs!

ChristopherT
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

Here's the Saved Game for Pak128! It's called Lichfield! :D

Thanks!

ChristopherT
Attachments
Lichfield.zip
(311.06 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
Dwachs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dwachs »

Nothing wrong there.

You have to cover as much of a town as possible to generate passengers. Passengers will travel only if there is a route to their destination.

The train in Nottingham is also redundant and will not generate any profit.

For more help as there:

http://forum.simutrans.com
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

Thanks for the link to the other forum! So it's kind of like the old SimCity 2000, where the Sims would only go so far looking for a route? That's make sense! I'll try to give them some more cities to travel to as well! :D

Thanks, Dwachs!

ChristopherT

Return to “Simutrans”