[OTTD] Valle's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [OTTD] Valle's Screenshots

Post by Katve »

Amazing screenshots!
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

i went through your thread and i can t remember seing your screenies before... but wow, some really nice ones i must say !
Also I can t wait to see more of your swiss themed game wich by the look of the map seems damn impressive !
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Thanks, I'm glad you like them!

The first section we'll take a look at is the one connecting the stations I showed you on the previous page: Monteggio-(Kreuzlingen)-St.Gallen-Liestal-Altstätten-Steffisburg, located in the northeast of the map (also found on page 2).

We'll begin with the Monteggio high speed junction and the lifted old mountain line to Kreuzlingen.
Attachments
10 - Out of Monteggio.png
The Monteggio high speed junction
(699.45 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
11 - Out of Service.png
Technical advances in construction made it possible to replace the old section between Monteggio and Kreuzlingen, cutting short a major detour. This is where the new line leaves the old tracks.
(688.84 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
12 - Lifted Tracks near Kreuzlingen.png
The tracks on the old section from Monteggio and Kreuzlingen were lifted. The viaduct and tunnel pipes were not demolished (with the tunnel being used as a refuge for bats), but the station of Kreuzlingen was redesigned, as visible in the teaser picture on page 2. In place of the old eastern exit, there's a parking lot now and the station was rebuilt into a terminus.
(674.49 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Welcome to the triplet city of Altstätten-Liestal-St. Gallen!
Attachments
13 - St. Gallen.png
Station of St. Gallen featuring new streets up the mountain to enable merging with Altstätten and Liestal
(665.78 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
14 - Liestal.png
A considerable vertical difference has to be negotiated between the stations of St. Gallen and Liestal. This includes a very tight looped curve that crosses over itself - it may be subject to redevelopment with the aim of increased safety and speed in the near future.
(716.47 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
15 - Altstätten.png
The representative station of Altstätten, which is supposed to deal with all InterCity traffic generated by St. Gallen, Liestal and Altstätten. The streets between St. Gallen and Altstätten are still pretty new, resulting in a low degree of development so far.
(633.56 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Departure boards for Altstätten, the junction of Altstätten and the quad-tracked section to Steffisburg.
Attachments
Departure boards for Altstätten: Unfortunately, SWISSrail doesn't seem to play by the rules here, with all of its BM73 InterCitys stopping at St. Gallen as well. An type change of the short RB-Line linking Altstätten, Liestal and St. Gallen to S-Bahn standard is being considered.
Departure boards for Altstätten: Unfortunately, SWISSrail doesn't seem to play by the rules here, with all of its BM73 InterCitys stopping at St. Gallen as well. An type change of the short RB-Line linking Altstätten, Liestal and St. Gallen to S-Bahn standard is being considered.
16 - Altstätten Departures.png (30.38 KiB) Viewed 9198 times
17 - Altstätten Junction.png
The junction linking Altstätten, Steffisburg and Spiez (with connections to Wetzikon, Murten and the twin city of Rorschach-Richterswil).
(787.51 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
18 - Quadtrack to Steffisburg.png
Nine different train sets are in this picture - can you identify all of them? The freight trains from Spiez are kept almost fully separate from the line linking Steffisburg Main Station to Altstätten as they will leave (and appear via) the line down the mountain through Spiez.
(651.67 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Time for a closer look at the industrial area of Steffisburg. Literally on top of of the city - in the east of it - the only vehicle factory of the map and a furniture factory have decided to move in, creating an insane amount of traffic up the mountain since the early days of the game. Lean Logistics might have made more sense here, but that'd be nowhere near as enjoyable to look at as this setup with heavy freight trains travelling long distances. :twisted:

Steffisburg Main Station is found on page 2, I hope you enjoyed the trip from Monteggio to Steffisburg because this is the end of today's update.
Attachments
19 - Ramp to Steffisburg Industries.png
Because the industrial area of Steffisburg is located a lot higher than the (passenger) main station, another ramp had to be built to allow the entry of heavy freight trains transporting steel (loaded: up to 3535 tons of total mass), wood products, dyes and glass.
(694.86 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
20 - Steffisburg Industrial Complex.png
The industrial complex of Steffisburg featuring the vehicle and furniture factory. The concrete slab platforms with gantry cranes are only used for glass trains to the furniture factory and goods trains unloading (containers) at Steffisburg. Short goods trains delivering flatpack furniture to nearby cities are loading in the shorter tracks on the right (the DACH one of them uses a DB Class 101 instead of a TRAXX).
(611.91 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Valle wrote:Time for a closer look at the industrial area of Steffisburg. Literally on top of of the city - in the east of it - the only vehicle factory of the map and a furniture factory have decided to move in, creating an insane amount of traffic up the mountain since the early days of the game. Lean Logistics might have made more sense here, but that'd be nowhere near as enjoyable to look at as this setup with heavy freight trains travelling long distances. :twisted:

Steffisburg Main Station is found on page 2, I hope you enjoyed the trip from Monteggio to Steffisburg because this is the end of today's update.
Hi :) ! Very cool screenshots :D ! especially liked the one where the automobile factory! A very nicely constructed :bow: !
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Hello everyone,

over the past two years, a lot of things have changed in OpenTTD. As a result, I have made a transition to a different version of this game. My latest game is played in OpenTTD Spring 2013 Patchpack v2.0.103 Full [OS: Mac OS X 10.6.8], even though it's not possible to use that in multiplayer mode and despite its tendency to crash while constructing concrete road bridges or while trying to type stuff into a text field with the game in fullscreen mode.

As gigantomania struck me when I created this swiss-themed map, I now have a savegame that's so huge it makes the game run very slowly. As I don't know long I'm still going to play this map, I'm now sharing some sections of this map with you. Is anybody interested in getting my savegame? I'm a bit reluctant to make a single 30 MB attachment to a post.
Attachments
1 Map.png
I created this map so long ago I actually forgot how big I made it. I believe its 2048x4096. As you can see, my network barely covers its southern half.
(421.57 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
List of NewGRFs
List of NewGRFs
2 NewGRF.png (19.86 KiB) Viewed 3913 times
Overview, Finances, Operating Profit
Overview, Finances, Operating Profit
3 Statistics.png (108.81 KiB) Viewed 3913 times
Last edited by Valle on 28 Dec 2014 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

I'll begin our journey through this map by remembering all those who lost their lives in accidents during the past 117 game-years. While it wasn't possible to recall how many people died in road vehicles on level crossings, they shall not be forgotten either.

Please see the file comments for more information.
Attachments
SBB - CFF - FFS owns exactly one train memorial. It was built as a reminder of the 507 victims of a head-on collision between two Stadler KISS regional trains in Pratteln-Frick-Presinge Hbf.
SBB - CFF - FFS owns exactly one train memorial. It was built as a reminder of the 507 victims of a head-on collision between two Stadler KISS regional trains in Pratteln-Frick-Presinge Hbf.
Memorials.png (149.14 KiB) Viewed 8864 times
Stansstad SLT crash.png
Four years ago, a fatal accident involving two Sprinter Lighttrains occurred in the south-western side arm of Stansstad Hbf while construction works to connect rural villages on the mountain east of the main station by road were carried out, claiming 118 lives. A double unit of 6-car Lighttrains had just arrived from Pratteln-Frick-Presinge Hbf and prepared its return trip when a nearly full Lighttrain from Bettens crashed into it after having been guided onto the wrong track.
(457.73 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
An examination of the number of passengers aboard the Lighttrains involved in the accident reveals that the double unit that was preparing its return trip to Pratteln-Frick-Presinge Hbf was emptied almost entirely when the nearly full unit from Bettens crashed into it after having been guided to the wrong track. With two fully-loaded trains, the death toll would likely have been a lot higher.
An examination of the number of passengers aboard the Lighttrains involved in the accident reveals that the double unit that was preparing its return trip to Pratteln-Frick-Presinge Hbf was emptied almost entirely when the nearly full unit from Bettens crashed into it after having been guided to the wrong track. With two fully-loaded trains, the death toll would likely have been a lot higher.
Stansstad SLT info.png (23.29 KiB) Viewed 8864 times
Last edited by Valle on 28 Dec 2014 02:50, edited 1 time in total.
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

With over 1,400 trains, keeping track of them can be difficult. Departure boards can be enhanced by assigning them to groups and giving them real-life-based numbers. As a result, I implemented a train numbering system similar to the one used in the previous game featured here.

Cargo trains
- short distance cargo trains: "DGZ" + 25000 + train number
- medium and long distance cargo trains: [various abbreviations used in Germany] + 20000 + train number

Mail trains
- all mail trains: "Pz" + 1000 + train number

Passenger trains
- RegioBahn: "RB" + 15000 + train number
- RegioExpress: "RE" + 10000 + train number
- InterRegioExpress: "IRE" + 1000 + train number
- InterCity: "IC" + 1000 + train number
- S-Bahn: "S" + 1st digit: S-Bahn network + 2nd digit: company (always 1 here) + 3rd digit: line number within the subnetwork (abandoned after 1000 trains, replacing 2nd digit on some trains) + train number

The next post will start the journey along the southwestern coast, from north to south.
Attachments
Examples for the Train Numbering System
Examples for the Train Numbering System
1 TNS.png (550.35 KiB) Viewed 3913 times
2 Bronschhofen HB Departure Board.png
2 Bronschhofen HB Departure Board.png (49.17 KiB) Viewed 8862 times
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

interesting to say the least :) can t wait for more ;)
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

From Bottens to Marthalen. Pictures are 800x600 here, but appear to be scaled-down by the forum software. Future posts will feature 715x535 screenshots or ones that are too big to be embedded.
Attachments
Bottens has just over 10,000 inhabitants and is located in the northwest corner of the southwest coast of this region. Recyclables from here are transported to a recycling factory by ship. It's also the terminus of the coastal railway line. While the double track in this section proved to be relatively unnecessary as this line was never extended across the border to the west, they were retained. The station of Bottens is a double-tracked terminus with an island platform. A regional train to Lenzburg, comprised of an electric Stadler GTW 2/8, can be seen loading.
Bottens has just over 10,000 inhabitants and is located in the northwest corner of the southwest coast of this region. Recyclables from here are transported to a recycling factory by ship. It's also the terminus of the coastal railway line. While the double track in this section proved to be relatively unnecessary as this line was never extended across the border to the west, they were retained. The station of Bottens is a double-tracked terminus with an island platform. A regional train to Lenzburg, comprised of an electric Stadler GTW 2/8, can be seen loading.
1 Bottens.png (704.97 KiB) Viewed 8858 times
Marthalen is slightly bigger than Bottens, exceeding 13,000 inhabitants. Its classic quad-tracked station design reminds its inhabitants of what the railway's designers had in mind when they initially built this line.
Marthalen is slightly bigger than Bottens, exceeding 13,000 inhabitants. Its classic quad-tracked station design reminds its inhabitants of what the railway's designers had in mind when they initially built this line.
2 Marthalen.png (750.47 KiB) Viewed 8858 times
Marthalen houses an animal farm serviced by trucks owned by SBB-CFF-FFS's truck subdivision SBBedition. The accelerated RegioBahn from Frutigen to Marthalen, operated with Stadler FLIRT EMUs, doesn't stop at the low-demand station of Tumegl/Tomils, leaving that job to the old GTWs only still used between Lenzburg and Bottens in this area.
Marthalen houses an animal farm serviced by trucks owned by SBB-CFF-FFS's truck subdivision SBBedition. The accelerated RegioBahn from Frutigen to Marthalen, operated with Stadler FLIRT EMUs, doesn't stop at the low-demand station of Tumegl/Tomils, leaving that job to the old GTWs only still used between Lenzburg and Bottens in this area.
2 Marthalen II.png (515.05 KiB) Viewed 8858 times
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

From Tomegl/Tomils to Lenzburg
Attachments
1 Tumegl Tomils.png
Tumegl/Tomils is a village located between Marthalen and Lenzburg. Because a main line into the mountains to the north merges with the coast line, this village is not a silent place to live in. DGZ 25882 is a short-distance freight train comprised of a Siemens ES64F4 and various types of open cars, transporting farm supplies to an agricultural freight terminal north of Marthalen. Down at the coast, the eastbound RB from Bottens to Lenzburg is passed by an accelerated RB from Marthalen to Frutigen. An RB to Bottens will reach its stop in Tumegl/Tomils soon.
(884.17 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
2 Lenzburg Bhf.png
With over 14,000 inhabitants, Lenzburg is just barely bigger than Marthalen. As mentioned in the last description, however, a main line heading north into the mountains splits from the coast line in Lenzburg. A cattle train to Frutigen, pulled by an ES64F4, rolls into Lenzburg while the RB from Lenzburg to Chavornay has just left the station. Two substantially higher-capacity RegioExpress trains (2x Stadler KISS EMU-6 each) running between Luterbach and Maschwanden are visible in the station.
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
3 Lenzburg SwissTrac.png
Lenzburg's top employer is SwissTrac, a company specialized in machinery for agricultural and mining purposes. The aluminium plant that feeds it will be covered in the next post - along with the city it's located in.
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

This post covers the city of Stans and its surrounding industries. Thanks for looking and thank you for your feedback!
Attachments
1 Stans Alu.png
Lenzburg SwissTrac uses Aluminium for the production of their machinery. It's produced just around the corner from their factory in Stans, delivered to the factory by cargo trams. GC 21359 is a heavy tanker train pulled by a Siemens ES64U2 and loaded with petrol, weighing over 1,800 tons. Its long journey from the southeast coast to the southwest coast of the map is almost complete as it'll deliver its cargo to the SwissTrac factory. The aluminium plant had to switch its minerals supply from rail to water because the railway network wasn't able to cope with the traffic anymore. The monthly production at the time of the screenshot's creation was at 10,986 tons of metal (aluminium). Additionally to the SwissTrac factory, it supplies a metal fabrication plant by ship.
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
2 Stans City.png
Stans is the 11th biggest city of the country with nearly 28,000 inhabitants. As its recycling depot collects over 3000 tons of recyclables every month, the railway to the recycling plant southeast of the city had to go straight through a residential area. With a rake of freshly loaded Eass open wagons, the Vossloh G1206 has closed down all level crossings in the city and began its short journey to the recycling plant. Due to noise concerns by inhabitants of Stans, this line might be replaced by an electric cargo tram line in the future. The cattle train we spotted in Lenzburg is met by an empty grain train pulled by a pair of regauged and modernized Renfe Class 333 diesel locomotives.
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
3 Stans Recycling.png
The G1206 has reached the recycling plant after passing through below the coast main line. With a monthly production of 4,914 tonnes of scrap metal / crates of manufacturing supplies, ships have become a must for this recycling plant.
(721.08 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I really like your screenshots from the game. Beautiful stations, ports, rail crossings. Still waiting for your screenshots. :))
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

This is good stuff, very tidy and polished.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Thank you all for your feedback - I'm glad you like them. We're continuing our journey along the south west coast to the south: to Embd and Frutigen.
Attachments
1 Embd.png
An RB from Marthalen to Frutigen has stopped in the station of Embd and gets passed by a southbound quartet of CFL Stadler KISS EMUs. This particularly luxurious version of the KISS is used for the long distance RE service between Luterbach and Roggenburg. It took CargoDist five game years (with daylength factor 10) to recalculate the distribution graph for decently filled trains on this connection.
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
2 Frutigen City.png
Frutigen is the country's second biggest city. Because the heavy rail connection to Luterbach wasn't sufficient anymore, a light rail connection had to be added alongside it, operated with fast RegioCitadis trams. Two regauged Renfe "Rambos" are on their way to the agriculture terminal near Marthalen to pick up their next load of sugar beet.
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
3 Frutigen Junction.png
Just south of Frutigen, one of the network's most complicated junctions is located. Six railway lines meet here:
1) to the north: the line we came from (Stans & Lenzburg)
2) to the east: mixed-traffic main line to Pratteln-Frick-Presinge HB via Altwis
3) to the east: high speed railway to Pratteln-Frick-Presinge HB, bypassing Altwis
4) to the south: South West Coast Main Line via Luterbach, Bronschhofen and Zeihen to Leibstadt (with an extension to Vuillerens)
5) to the south: the Luterbach-Bronschhofen freight bypass going through below the main station of Luterbach with non-visible additional steep gradients to avoid colliding with the pedestrian entrance level of the station
6) to the west: to Schönengrund (-Selma / -Genesterio) and to the grain mill, stockyard and bauxite harbor between Frutigen and Chermignon
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

We're continuing our voyage through the high-density area between Frutigen and Bronschhofen.
Attachments
1 Luterbach Bahnhof.png
Luterbach station is used by 73 trains that are assisted by 8 express trams. While you can see that the freight bypass below the station appears to be right at the level at which passengers change platforms and buy newspapers, food and drinks for the next leg of their journeys, we should pretend that these freight trains have to negotiate an even steeper gradient to bypass the passenger platforms. An intercity bullet train to Pratteln-Frick-Presinge HB is waiting for an entering sister unit to enter Luterbach prior to beginning its journey to the Great Lake.
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
2 Bronschhofen HB.png
Bronschhofen is the 4th biggest city of this country. Also, the high speed tram line from Frutigen ends here. The heavily frequented airport has become very urban due to the city's growth. 129 trains use the main station of Bronschhofen. Among them are the highest-capacity passenger trains used on the entire network. The dutch HS1 / Double Decker sandwiches seat 3080 passengers and form the backbone on the country's high speed trunk lines.
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Snapshot of Bronschhofen HB's departure board during the morning hours. Unfortunately, there are already a couple of delays.
Snapshot of Bronschhofen HB's departure board during the morning hours. Unfortunately, there are already a couple of delays.
3 Bronschhofen HB Departure Board.png (42.57 KiB) Viewed 8755 times
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

The train density south of Bronschhofen is high enough to justify four tracks. South of Salenstein, the outer tracks (160 km/h) are shared by local passenger trains and freight trains while the inner tracks, set up for speeds of up to 200 km/h, handle accelerated regional and intercity services.
Attachments
1 Salenstein.png
Yet another express tram line originates in Salenstein. Despite the short distance between Bronschhofen HB and Salenstein, there is no connection between the Frutigen-Luterbach-Bronschhofen express light rail and this line. A main line into the mountains leaves the main line at Salenstein to the east. Freight trains from that line, however, never go through Salenstein.
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
2 Rumendingen Superjunction .png
The freight trains from the mountain main line bypass Bronschhofen in the south and enter the Luterbach-Bronschhofen freight bypass. The double-headed 3100 ton bauxite train pulled by a pair of Siemens ES64F4s is an example for that. The junction between Salenstein and Rumendingen features two other lines as well, though. A few decades ago, the base tunnel under the Massif Sud mountains was completed. Two tracks were built for high speed passenger trains running nonstop between Bronschhofen HB and Gy HB, which serves as the primary intercity hub of the Farfallersee region for passengers from the southwest, west and north. An IC2000 rake has just entered the high speed line through the base tunnel. Just west of it (at the bottom of the picture), the tracks connecting the freight base tunnel pipes to the rest of the network can be seen next to a train loaded with food packaging.
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
3 Rumendingen Station.png
Rumendingen's station perfectly displays the advantages of a quad-tracked line for a high density of traffic. An ES64F4 travelling to the SwissTrac factory in Lenzburg to pick up a fresh load of heavy mining machinery for the bauxite mines near the southwest coast thunders through Track 1 of the station at 120 km/h and gets passed by a RegioExpress travelling at 160 km/h, which doesn't take full advantage of the higher speed tracks in this section. An express tram from Salenstein has almost completed its journey.
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

You have an incredibly beautiful screenshots. Cool and multi-level interchanges for rail cars. Also with great pleasure that looked all the train station. My best regards, Valle :))

Return to “Screenshots”