[REL] EU Semi Trucks Pack - 002

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [REL] EU Semi Trucks Pack

Post by maquinista »

Tattoo wrote:EU Semi Trucks converted for Locomotion from Euro Truck Sim & UK Truck sim.

There are 7 different trucks in this pack each fitted with it's own trailer and one done in company colors.

The trucks in this pack are;

DAF XF - Goods
Iveco Stralis - Food
MAN TGX - Cattle
Mercedes Actros - Grain
Renault Magnum - Food
Scania R - Goods
Scania R CC - Food/Goods
Volvo FH16 - Chemicals/Oil

Very nice trucks.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Tattoo
Director
Director

Re: [REL] EU Semi Trucks Pack - v002

Post by Tattoo »

Thanks maquinista.

I added 3 new tanker trucks to the pack so there's more than one to choose from. Now there's 4 oil companies - Shell, Aral. BP and Esso. I hope you all like them.

The download is in the first post. The same trailer was used for all 4 tankers so the credits were not changed. The skins for these came with the trailer except for the BP skin which I made.

This will be all that's added to this pack for a while. I'm going to start doing American trucks now as was planned.

I also didn't hear anything about the flatbed trailer that drives in reverse so I don't know if you all like it or not.
Last edited by Tattoo on 31 Jan 2012 01:31, edited 2 times in total.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
rebirth
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [REL] EU Semi Trucks Pack - 002

Post by rebirth »

I use it a lot. I really like how it looks, but the behaviour is a bit a problem.

For some reason, from time to time something goes wrong and he starts driving in the wrong direction. But I really love how all the trucks look, and I now use trucks in every game. With the standard trucks, I didn't use them so much.

(Is it possible the image of the new trucks is broken? Because I can't see it.)
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

rebirth wrote:(Is it possible the image of the new trucks is broken? Because I can't see it.)
I don't understand what ya mean here. What image of the new trucks do you mean?
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
rebirth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rebirth »

I thought you had posted an image of the 3 new tanker trucks, because I see a 'broken image' sign in your post. My mistake, sorry.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Now I see what ya mean. I did post a new image and it shows up to me when I'm logged in but when I logged out it wasn't there. Thank you. I'll fix it now...
rebirth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rebirth »

Could I maybe make a suggestion/request Tattoo? What I miss out in this series, is a truck that can carry wood. If you would have a lot of free time, and a lot of good will :wink: , could you create one? Although, I must say, I am already very happy with the ones already available :bow:
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Sorry, but I'm done with this pack for a while. I'm going to do some American trucks next and maybe I'll do the log trailers. Again, they would have to drive in reverse because the cargo sprites don't work correctly. I'd rather do them separately but I don't like how much the trailers clip and I'm limited on the size I make them but I'm going to see what I can do. Hopefully I can figure something out so we can have flatbeds and open dumps for coal and ironore. I'm also waiting on permissions from the trucks and trailers creators so I can't do anything until I get the permissions. I am creating some of my own as well so I'll be able to release those while I'm waiting along with the ones I have permission for already.
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Nice work Tattoo, to my opinion they go a little to fast, in most of the EU countrys the speed limit for trucks is 80 km/h and 65mp/h = 104 km/h
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Zimmlock wrote:Nice work Tattoo, to my opinion they go a little to fast, in most of the EU countrys the speed limit for trucks is 80 km/h and 65mp/h = 104 km/h
Thanks, I'm glad you're liking them but I thought the speed was correct. Ours was 55 mph for a while but they just raised it again to 65 in a lot of places so I went with 65 mph and figured it would convert properly. What should I have them at then? And if I do change them and someone also uses US trucks set at 65 mph, the EU trucks will be slower then. So should I change them or just leave them as is? I don't want to lower the US trucks.
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

Zimmlock is right. In almost all European countries, the speed limit at 80 km / h.

http://www.mantruckersworld.de/de/AKTUE ... Europa.jsp

But I still drive the trucks would be 100 km / h (63mph). Is not very realistic, but most users want it. :wink:
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Tattoo wrote: Thanks, I'm glad you're liking them but I thought the speed was correct. Ours was 55 mph for a while but they just raised it again to 65 in a lot of places so I went with 65 mph and figured it would convert properly. What should I have them at then? And if I do change them and someone also uses US trucks set at 65 mph, the EU trucks will be slower then. So should I change them or just leave them as is? I don't want to lower the US trucks.
I see your delemma here, just keep it the way it is, i can change them my self if i want.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Yes, Strongbow and I decided to keep them all the same. It sucks that mph and kph aren't the same but atleast they will all be doing the same speed if mixed. And it wouldn't be hard to change for those who would want to.
Sir BNSF
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [REL] EU Semi Trucks Pack - v002

Post by Sir BNSF »

Tattoo wrote:I also didn't hear anything about the flatbed trailer that drives in reverse so I don't know if you all like it or not.
I think its absolutely genius but that's just me :bow:
umarizal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by umarizal »

Greetings!

Dear friends, sorry, I'm in trouble.

I extract the files to the folder "objdata" but the trucks did not appear in the menu in the game.

Thank you in advance for your help ;)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

You selected them in the scenario editor? (They wont apear in already saved games, except if you used the Savegame Editor.)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
umarizal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by umarizal »

Illegal_Alien wrote:You selected them in the scenario editor? (They wont apear in already saved games, except if you used the Savegame Editor.)
Sorry, did not know that ... selected in the scenario editor and now appear so, how nice: D

But the trucks do not come aft to load, does it really work?
scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by scpk2000 »

Hey Tatoo! All I can say is kudos on an absolutely fantastic job with creating the US and EU Semi Trucks for Locomotion! I've just started playing the game again and actually stopped since no one wanted to upgrade any of the trucks. I can't say enough how pleased I am that you took up the gauntlet and have done a masterful job.

I was wondering if you were going to be putting in any other types of trailers for the trucks to hawl ore, wood/logs, steel, aside from the current container/tanker models for both packs. I didn't see any mention of them on the ops for either pack and was curious.

Aside from that, thank you again for all your hard work and I look forward to your continued success with the creations you have shared with us.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I'm in the reinstalling stage right now because I haven't played Locomotion for over a year so it would be a while before I even think about creating anything to post here. I have a lot of testing to do before I can make anything available to download but I DO have many plans on the drawing board but the trucks are NOT on the top of the list. Very close to the top tho.

Also, thanx, I'm happy that you like them and there will be more done by me. I just can't say when I'll get to them.....

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”