Supercheese's Eyecandy GRFs

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Supercheese's Eyecandy GRFs

Post by SkiddLow »

malay translation
Attachments
malay.lng
(2.76 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

SkiddLow wrote:malay translation
Thank you. :)
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

SNO - Supercheese's NewObjects

I have a zillion ideas for this set, and although the set won't be "done" any time soon, I have a handful of objects already completed and I am steadily adding more. As such, I've decided to upload what I've got so far. You can think of it as an early "alpha" or whatnot. You can download from this post or from Bananas (search for "Supercheese" or "SNO".)

This set adds several NewObjects to enhance the OTTD experience, mostly centered around water-based objects.
Objects.png
Objects.png (10.56 KiB) Viewed 26579 times
Currently included are:

- Circling Seagulls (small and large)
- Ice features
- A shipwreck
- New rocks (small & tiny variants)

Features and parameters:

The seagulls and rocks can be placed on land or water, but not on sloped land (although seagulls can be placed on sloped water). Their groundsprites are snow- and desert-aware, but there is no snow (yet) on top of rocks if they are built above the snowline.
Ice features and the shipwreck must be placed on water.

All objects have elements of randomness to them, either in random graphic variations or starting animations on random frames. Being, for the most part, naturally-occurring objects, they also have zero build cost.

The seagulls will occasionally emit sound effects. If you place a bunch of them together, be prepared for a cacophony! There is a grf parameter to turn the sound effects off, if you'd rather.

The second grf parameter determines whether the objects can be built in a running game, or only in the scenario editor, and if they should be irremovable (like the default lighthouse and transmitter) or not.

There are many, many planned features for this set, too many to list really. I'll post updates as I complete more objects/features.

Known Issue(s):

The large seagull sprites extend a fair ways out of the tile, and as such there may be slight clipping/artifacting issues.

That's it for now. Enjoy! :)
Attachments
SNO-Supercheese'sNewObjects.zip
(347.3 KiB) Downloaded 1767 times

Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

Awesome grf! Icy tiles are awesome idea they fit to the artic climate pretty nicely.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Very nice! The seagulls are cool!
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Moluma
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Moluma »

Nice idea you have got, and very nice result!
I agree about the seagulls :) – they are cool and brings a bit "nature" and life into the game.
Creator of: The Lighthouse Set
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

32bpp extra zoom sprites are planned for Eyecandy Road Vehicles, I "just" have to resize and edit some sprites. Random workflow-desrciption image attached.
Attachments
How the 1x sprites were made.
How the 1x sprites were made.
Render and tweak.png (47.14 KiB) Viewed 26011 times

Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

:bow: Finally some non-base set 32bit NewGRF's are starting to come.
Joel A
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Joel A »

I have translated the Eyecandy Road Vehicles' strings to Swedish. I was so bold as to make STR_GRF_DESCRIPTION better reflect the actual contents of the GRF (two different Garbage Trucks instead of one, and included missing Horse & Rider).
Supercheese's_Eyecandy_swedish.lng
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
By the way, if you post the english.lng of Supercheese's NewObjects I can translate that one as well.
Note to self: Jag har bidragit till den svenska översättningen av OTTD, FIRS och Supercheese's Eyecandy Road Vehicles.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Joel A wrote:I have translated the Eyecandy Road Vehicles' strings to Swedish. I was so bold as to make STR_GRF_DESCRIPTION better reflect the actual contents of the GRF (two different Garbage Trucks instead of one, and included missing Horse & Rider).
Thank you, it will be included in the next version. :)
Joel A wrote:By the way, if you post the english.lng of Supercheese's NewObjects I can translate that one as well.
Well, the .lng is highly subject to change, since as I am developing the .grf I am frequently adding new things and changing old ones, so I'll post the strings when things are more 'stable'.

Pascal Lambert
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pascal Lambert »

Very nice work, my children really like those vehicles !

I can see you had no translation for French. I hope attached file can help, please do not hesitate to update this if it needs.
NewGrf_Supercheese's_Eyecandy_french.lng
(2.97 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
French translation for "Horse & Rider" may be "Cavalier" (Horse Rider), but where is it ?

Maybe you can make no-costs a parameter (such vehicles are quite expensive in real life) ?

Maybe you can add to futur projects :
- Road cleaner (very slow vehicles, goes random in cities, needs fresh water from water tower and delivers poluted water to recycling station or empties when in depot)
- Snow Plow / spreader (for Arctic, running slowly when higher than snow level, refits to salt / sand)

Please go on working extra zoom and tell if I can help in any way.

Pascal
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Since the vehicles are mainly meant to be just "eyecandy" (that is, no actual functional purpose) it doesn't make any sense to make them have any cost at all, since they do not serve any practical purpose at all (except the mail truck). AI's that would spam the map with vehicles, such as TownCars and StreetTraffic, will choose zero-cost vehicles, and would not use Eyecandy Vehicles.

I like the idea of the street sweeper in temperate and sub-tropical climates, and snow plow in arctic climate. They don't need cargo, though, since what you describe would have to introduce a new cargo and thus a new industry chain which wouldn't be compatible with existing industry chain NewGRFs.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Pascal.Lambert@Sidel.Com wrote:Very nice work, my children really like those vehicles !

I can see you had no translation for French. I hope attached file can help, please do not hesitate to update this if it needs.
French translation for "Horse & Rider" may be "Cavalier" (Horse Rider), but where is it ?

Maybe you can add to futur projects :
- Road cleaner (very slow vehicles, goes random in cities, needs fresh water from water tower and delivers poluted water to recycling station or empties when in depot)
- Snow Plow / spreader (for Arctic, running slowly when higher than snow level, refits to salt / sand)
Oh thanks, I'll add that to the next version, though I see the Horse & Rider entries have not been included; you should be able to find them all in this .lng file: http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=167571

Road cleaners and snowplows are indeed good ideas for future versions, I'll see what renders I can make for those.

Pascal Lambert
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pascal Lambert »

kamnet wrote:Since the vehicles are mainly meant to be just "eyecandy" (that is, no actual functional purpose) it doesn't make any sense to make them have any cost at all, since they do not serve any practical purpose at all (except the mail truck). AI's that would spam the map with vehicles, such as TownCars and StreetTraffic, will choose zero-cost vehicles, and would not use Eyecandy Vehicles.
As I wrote, my children (8 and 6) really like Eyecandy road vehicles. When we play together in network games THEY spam the map with. Having a cost for the Eyecandy may limit them and they will need to make money before I have hundreds emergency vehicles blocking the road network ! This can be a parameter : costs to my children, free for AI or whoever does not want to pay fore eyecandy.
kamnet wrote:I like the idea of the street sweeper in temperate and sub-tropical climates, and snow plow in arctic climate. They don't need cargo, though, since what you describe would have to introduce a new cargo and thus a new industry chain which wouldn't be compatible with existing industry chain NewGRFs.
Sure creating new cargos is not relevent for such vehicles. But using existing cargo (from ECS or FIRS) may be funny for vehicles behaviour : imagine the Fire Truck and Street Sweeper filling with water whenever they can get some and the Street Sweeper goes to low speed when full because it is cleaning roads. Vehicles emptying when in depot (whith no earning, I do not know if this is possible). Police car can load 1 passenger or tourist at random (pickpockets in stations ?) and deliver it at next station with no earning. Tow Truck may get a payload of 1 vehicle when in depot. Garbage Trucks may have random payload (scrap metal, recyclables, wood...) at depot. Snow plow will need sand to spread on roads...
But this may require excessive work for programming and this is not a priority for the eyecandy. I have no idea of how dificult this can be.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Pascal.Lambert@Sidel.Com wrote:Police car can load 1 passenger or tourist at random (pickpockets in stations ?) and deliver it at next station with no earning. Tow Truck may get a payload of 1 vehicle when in depot. Garbage Trucks may have random payload (scrap metal, recyclables, wood...) at depot. Snow plow will need sand to spread on roads...
But this may require excessive work for programming and this is not a priority for the eyecandy. I have no idea of how dificult this can be.
Police cars can already take 2 passengers or tourists, tow truck already can carry 1 vehicle if the vehicle cargo is defined, and garbage trucks already have a small capacity of scrap metal or recyclables if those cargos are defined. They are able to deliver the cargo for payment, or they can be manually emptied by refitting to a different cargo in a depot. I suppose I can add water as a cargo to fire trucks, if that cargo is defined. :wink:

SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Sorry to dig this up but I have a small request:

Is it possible to add a parameter that can alter the purchase price of the Eyecandy Road Vehicles to £1? With this function it would be possible to, for example, allow 1 out of 4 StreetTrafficAI's to build the eye candy vehicles whilst leaving the other 3 to solely build cars. Presently, all 4 would build them and there would be a whole load of emergency vehicles and not many cars!

Thanks.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Sure, that can be done (and is). It's not exactly the best or most elegant solution to your situation, but it was easy enough to implement and should work.

Version 1.0 is up at the first post.

Changes:
  • Added translations for Slovak, Malay, Swedish, and French.
  • Added a space before cargo subtypes in all languages (related to r24938).
  • Fire Engines can now carry water, if the water cargo is defined.
  • Added a Black & White livery for police cars, as a random variant (roughly 50-50 chance to be B&W or the grey style).
  • Added parameter to raise purchase costs to just above zero; this is useful if you want to configure TownCars AI parameters to not build these vehicles.

SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Wow, that was quick! Thanks mate :)
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Hm, is this still useful? German translation for the vehicles... Is there an updated english lang file? There surely are strings related to the objects as well.

Code: Select all

##grflangid 0x02

STR_GRF_NAME					:Eyecandy Road Vehicles
STR_GRF_DESCRIPTION				:Autor: {SILVER}Supercheese {}{BLACKBeschreibung: {SILVER}Fügt einige schön anzuschauende Straßenfahrzeuge hinzu (sie haben keinen Kaufpreis und keine Unterhaltskosten). Z.Z. beinhaltet das ein Polizeiauto, einen, Feuerlöschzug, Krankenwagen, Abschleppwagen, Müllwagen und Pferd und Reiter. Kompatibel mit TownCars AI.
STR_GRF_WEBSITE					:http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=56780

STR_NAME_POLICE_CAR				:Polizeiwagen
STR_NAME_AMBULANCE				:Krankenwagen
STR_NAME_FIRE_TRUCK				:Feuerlöschzug
STR_NAME_TOW_TRUCK				:Abschleppwagen
STR_NAME_MAIL_TRUCK				:Postauto
STR_NAME_GARBAGE_TRUCK_CLASSIC	:Müllwagen (Klassisch)
STR_NAME_GARBAGE_TRUCK_MODERN	:Müllwagen (Modern)
STR_NAME_HORSE_AND_RIDER		:Pferd und Reiter

STR_SUBTYPE_SIREN_ON			:(Sirene an)
STR_SUBTYPE_SIREN_OFF			:(Sirene aus)

STR_SUBTYPE_CC					:(Firmenfarbe)
STR_SUBTYPE_NON_CC_YELLOW		:(Nicht firmenfarben - gelb)
STR_SUBTYPE_NON_CC_RED			:(Nicht firmenfarben - rot)

STR_AI_DEFAULT_SFX_NAME			:Bei KI-Fahrzeugen Sirene ständig aktiv
STR_AI_DEFAULT_SFX_DESC			:Standardmäßig bauen KI-Spieler, so dass die Sirene nur beim Losfahren des Fahrzeugs aktiv ist. Dieser Parameter ändert das, so dass sie dauerhaft aktiv sind.

STR_DISABLE_LIGHTS_NAME			:Warnlichter ausschalten
STR_DISABLE_LIGHTS_DESC			:Standardmäßig haben alle Rettungsfahrzeuge aktiviertes {RED}Rot-{BLACK}, {BLUE}Blau-{BLACK} oder {YELLOW}Gelb{BLACK}licht. Dieser Parameter erlaubt es, sie auszuschalten.

STR_AI_DEFAULT_GFX_NAME			:Farbe der KI-Fahrzeuge:
STR_AI_DEFAULT_GFX_CC			:Firmenfarbe
STR_AI_DEFAULT_GFX_NON_CC		:Nicht firmenfarben
STR_AI_DEFAULT_GFX_DESC			:Bestimmt, ob die Fahrzeuge der KIs firmenfarben lakiert sein sollen oder nicht.

STR_ENABLE_POLICE_NAME			:Polizeiaut verfügbar
STR_ENABLE_POLICE_DESC			:Ausschalten, um den Polizeiwagen nicht bauen zu können.

STR_ENABLE_FIRE_NAME			:Feuerlöschzug verfügbar
STR_ENABLE_FIRE_DESC			:Auschalten, um den Feuerlöschzug nicht bauen zu können.

STR_ENABLE_AMBULANCE_NAME		:Krankenwagen verfügbar
STR_ENABLE_AMBULANCE_DESC		:Ausschalten, um den Krankenwagen nicht bauen zu können.

STR_ENABLE_TOWTRUCK_NAME		:Abschleppwagen verfügbar
STR_ENABLE_TOWTRUCK_DESC		:Auschalten, um den Abschleppwagen nicht bauen zu können.

STR_ENABLE_MAILTRUCK_NAME		:Postauto verfügbar
STR_ENABLE_MAILTRUCK_DESC		:Ausschalten, um das Postauto nicht bauen zu können.

STR_ENABLE_GARBAGETRUCK_NAME	:Müllwagen verfügbar
STR_ENABLE_GARBAGETRUCK_DESC	:Ausschalten, um den Müllwagen nicht bauen zu können.

STR_ENABLE_HORSE_NAME			:Pferd und Reiter verfügbar
STR_ENABLE_HORSE_DESC			:Ausschalten, um Pferd und Reiter nicht kaufen zu können.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

There already was a German translation contributed, but it differs in a few places. I'm not sure whose translation is "better", but in any event there is indeed an updated english.lng I'll attach here.
Attachments
english.lng
(2.86 KiB) Downloaded 287 times

Return to “Graphics Development”