Mod changes to the game for the better?

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Drengin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Mod changes to the game for the better?

Post by Drengin »

Are there any changes to the game that you guys use that in your opinion makes the game more playable?

I am talking about file changes etc more than simply just downloading new mods. There might be a tweak here or a turn there that you have found having played this a lot more than me that really brings the game alive for you.

Just wondering as i am always on the lookout for how to make a game better than it already is.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Mod changes to the game for the better?

Post by Illegal_Alien »

No we dont have any, otherwise it would be somewhere ;) And the exe; see the sticky.

Yes we have the long station patch and such, but that one doesnt work 100% correct as some people cant get it too work.

In short: No

Or offcourse you are talking about something else; just be more clear then.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Drengin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Drengin »

I was thinking along the lines of file adjustments to tracks.dat and various other vehicle files etc that you all may have stumbled across that may make the game slightly more interesting.

Maybe you all alter the dates on which you can use vehicles or all start from a specific date etc.

Just wondering really :)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Erm there are new stations, bridges, signals, maglevs, monorails, highspeedtracks, RRC, roads and more. Just find it with the search. :)

Just still not sure what you mean? Why should you change dates anyway? You want to have a Eurostar flying around with 300kmph and a steamer with 30 kmph in front of it? in the year 1900?
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Drengin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Drengin »

Illegal_Alien wrote:You want to have a Eurostar flying around with 300kmph and a steamer with 30 kmph in front of it? in the year 1900?
Now that might be something to see ROFL :lol:
Spacek531
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Spacek531 »

One thing I do is turn on 'embed plug-in data in save games.' It helps when you have a savegame with brand-spanking awesome and new mods in it that nobody else has, provided those mods don't include sounds. Why Chris left out 'embed plug-in data in scenarios' like he included in RCT2 is beyond me, We can only hope that he releases the source code sometime soon.
Help for Windows 7
RELEASED: Amtrak Cascades
Give me train ideas, they and their babies just might turn into a mod.

emergency pony link

By the way, ponies.
kingmush360
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by kingmush360 »

Do you mean general tweaks to stock locomotion dats?
For example, more accurate stats and names for trains and more realistic cargo prices.
Hi, I'm Steve. I can't change my username so imagine it says Steve Emfore.
Drengin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Drengin »

kingmush360 wrote:Do you mean general tweaks to stock locomotion dats?
For example, more accurate stats and names for trains and more realistic cargo prices.
Yup :)
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

kingmush360 wrote:Do you mean general tweaks to stock locomotion dats?
I think the issue was that CS didn't wish to involve himself and Atari in some very costly legal action over trademarks, that's why the game states that all vehicles are representative of real life vehicles and should not be taken as being genuine depictions.

So I would say that is why we have a Century Locomotive which is clearly an Alco product, Century being the trade name given by Alco to the C420 to C643 series. The more infamous one is the "Routmaster" which is clearly an AEC Routemaster, but missing one letter.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”