OpenTTD with Template (copy and paste patch)

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

NetworkInventor
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD with Template (copy and paste patch)

Post by NetworkInventor »

Hi,

I have not fixed this problem since months. I want to play openttd with the template or copy/paste patch. I have tried to patch the trunk myself with tortoise but i failed every time.

Does some one have a ready to play openTTD file for me, with this patch installed?

I would be really thankfull if some could help me with this.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD with Template (copy and paste patch)

Post by Emperor Jake »

Chill's Patchpack comes with the copy/paste patch included, along with a heap of other awesome things (such as Infrastructure Sharing, Cargodist, larger and higher maps to name a few...
NetworkInventor
Engineer
Engineer

Thanks, i took a look at his topic, but i can't find a ready to play file.

I failed with patching myself with tortoise although i followed the steps precisely. Can i download a ready to play with those patches somewhere?
Last edited by NetworkInventor on 11 Aug 2011 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

NetworkInventor wrote:Thanks, if took a look at his topic, but i can't find a ready to play file.

I failed with patching myself with tortoise although i followed the steps precisely. Can i download a ready to play with those patches somewhere?
Take another look, because the opening post in that topic states exactly where you can find a binary, so read that post again.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

NetworkInventor wrote:I failed with patching myself with tortoise although i followed the steps precisely.
You need more than just tortoise to build a custom version ;) Plus you might need to update to a specific revision to apply a patch. In case there are lots of changes since the patch was released, it may not work any more on current trunk.
NetworkInventor
Engineer
Engineer

yeah i know

its almost impossible for me as a not so computer expert person to get openttd patched, why has everyone has to do this his self? it would be easyer if someone published a patched game which everyone can install and play.

or do i miss something?

is there anyone that can send me a working game with the copy paste patch?
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Transportman wrote:
NetworkInventor wrote:Thanks, if took a look at his topic, but i can't find a ready to play file.

Take another look, because the opening post in that topic states exactly where you can find a binary, so read that post again.
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
NetworkInventor
Engineer
Engineer

Thanks for your replys. i initial only red the opening post but i could find a working game later in the topic.

I am really happy.

Enjoy ttd.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

NetworkInventor wrote:Thanks for your replys. i initial only red the opening post but i could find a working game later in the topic.

I am really happy.

Enjoy ttd.
The one on page 85? The opening post is quite long, but at the end it does say where there is a working Windows binary.
ChillCore wrote: Edit 2:
v13_5 on page 85 fixes a few mistakes I made in v13. (You can set timetable start dates again, Yay)
Pre-compiled windows binaries also available on page 85. (Read the instructions please, the grfs need to be udated again, 2 additional since v13)
Should be stable enough now to replace v12_15 below but needs some testing before I do so.
If you really want v12_15 that is listed as the last stable, that one is at page 64, mentioned in the file comment for the .diff-file.

Also don't forget the grf's for the patchpack, otherwise it won't work.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML

Return to “General OpenTTD”