[REMOVED] Re-Make of the Automod

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

[REMOVED] Re-Make of the Automod

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Hey Guys,

I have created a new version of the Auto-Mod. Here's an overview of the mod. More information on the rest of the topic and in the readme files. Two are included. One in notepad, and one (extended) in Windows Word. Please take a look at the Readme files because lots of information can be found in there.

NAM Car Factory (Needed to Play)
Needs: Autoparts, Tires and Electric Equipment (Needs all cargos to produce)
Produce: Automobiles and Scrap-metal

NAM Autoparts Factory (Needed to Play
Needs: Rubber, Aluminium and Plastic Pellets (Needs all cargos to produce)
Produce: Autoparts and Scrap-metal

NAM Tire Factory (Needed to Play)
Needs: Rubber, Rolled Steel and Oil (Needs all cargos to produce)
Produce: Tires and Waste

NAM Steel Factory (Needed to Play)
Needs: Iron Ore, Coal and Chemicals (Needs all cargos to produce)
Produce: Aluminium and Rolled Steel

NAM Factory (Needed to Play)
Needs: Chemicals, Aluminium and Plastic Pellets (Needs all cargos to produce)
Produce: Electric Equipment and Goods

NAM Rubber Plantation (Needed to Play)
Produce: Latex

NAM Rubber Factory (Needed to Play)
Needs: Latex and Chemicals (Needs all cargos to produce)
Produce: Rubber and Goods

NAM Chemical Works (Needed to Play)
Needs: Oil
Produce: Plastic Pellets and Chemicals

NAM Oil Refinery (Needed to Play)
Needs: Oil
Produce: Chemicals and Gasoline

NAM Recycle Factory (Optional to Play for more diffecult game)
Needs: Scrapmetal, Old Tires or Waste (Needs all cargos to produce)
Produce: Rubber and Goods

NAM Recycle Plant (Optional to Play for more easy game)
Needs: Scrapmetal or Waste
Produce: Goods and Goods

NAM Scrap-Heap (Optional to Play for more diffecult game)
Needs: Scrap-Automobiles and Scrapmetal (Needs all cargos to produce)
Produce: Old Tires and Rolled Steel

NAM Scrap-Yard (Optional to Play for more easy game)
Needs: Scrap-Automobiles or Scrapmetal
Produce: Aluminium and Rolled Steel

NAM Junk-Yard (Optional to Play for more easy game)
Needs: Scrap-Automobiles, Autoparts and Tires (Needs all cargos to produce)
Produce: Automobiles and Scrap-Metal

NAM Coal Mines (Optional to Play for more diffecult game)
Needs: Gasoline (Is needed to start production)
Produce: Coal and Coal

NAM Iron Ore Mines (Optional to Play for more diffecult game)
Needs: Gasoline (Is needed to start production)
Produce: Iron Ore and Iron Ore

NAM Car-Dealers (City Buildings) (Needed to Play)
Needs: Automobiles or Gasoline
Produce: Scrap-Automobiles and Scrapmetal (will be produced on it's own)

NAM Garage and Gas-Station (City Buildings) (Needed to Play)
Needs: Autoparts, Tires or Gasoline
Produce: Scrap, Mail and Waste (will be produced on it's own)

A total of 16 new industries are coming with this mod:

The Auto Plant
The Autoparts Factory
The Tire Factory
The Scrap-Heap
The Scrap-Yard
The Junk-Yard
The Steel Factory
The Factory
The Rubber Plantation
The Recycle Factory
The Recycle Plant
The Rubber Factory
The Chemical Plant
The Coal Mine
The Iron Ore Mine
The Oil Refinery

39 Edited City-Buildings

No specific details about them (there's a screen of them a few posts down). Only thing that I can mention is that they all produce passengers and mail like the original city-buildings, but they will produce waste as well so you can deliver that to the new recycle plant. Most shops and offices accept electrical equipment. This cargo is only accepted by one industry (the auto plant) and I wanted a little more for this. Since electric equipment is sold in shops, and needed in offices this seemed like a nice idea. Scrap and Scrap-Automobiles are also produced at some buildings. Autoparts, Tires and Gasoline is accepted by garages and gas-stations and automobiles are accepted by the dealers.

A total of 14 new cargo's are coming with this mod:

Gasoline, Cargo ID: 4
Rolled Steel, Cargo ID: 6
Aluminium, Cargo ID: 6
Waste, Cargo ID: 10
Latex, Cargo ID: 19
Plastic, Cargo ID: 21
Scrap, Cargo ID: 22
Autoparts, Cargo ID: 47
Automobiles, Cargo ID: 48
Scrap-Automobiles, Cargo ID: 49
Electric Equipment, Cargo ID: 84
Tires, Cargo ID: 85
Rubber, Cargo ID: 102
Old Tires, Cargo ID: 103

Vehicles (Needed to Play):

19 New Trains:
3 Goods Trains (Auto Parts and Waste)
3 Goods Trains (Autos, Scrap-Cars and Tires)
3 Goods Trains (Electric Equipment, Food and Goods)
2 Hopper trains (Iron Ore and Scrap-Metal)
2 Hopper Trains (Coal and Waste)
2 Hopper Trains (Rubber and Old Tires)
2 Covered Hopper Trains (Grain and Plastic Pellets)
2 Tanker Trains (Only Latex)

+ A new trainpack specialy developed for NAM with 3 new and exlusive vehicles by Martin Mundorf

16 New Trucks and 1 Trailer:
4 Goods Trucks (Auto parts, Automobiles, Scrap-Automobiles and Tires)
4 Hopper Trucks (Rubber, Old Tires and Scrap-Metal)
4 Tanker Trucks and 1 Trailer (Only Latex)
4 Waste Trucks (Waste)

+ New Trucks and Vans developed by Walter1940 (edited by me)

The Serpent NAM (Optional, you can make your own scenarios of course)

Also released in this mod is a NAM version of the Serpent scenario. It is completely standard but needs all the parts of this mod of course. All the other files needed are in the folder that is included in the download. I only made it as a landscape (so you can select your own vehicles, citybuildings and other things that you might need). The only thing that I have placed on the map are the NAM industries, the oilwells, the coalmine, the iron ore mine, the wheat farm and the food plant. The city's have the same names as the original serpent from Zimmlock. So from there you can do with it as you please :D

Here are some screenshots of what to expect:

Here's an overview of all the new industries in the new automod.

Here's a small overview of most of the selections for the new auto-mod.

This mod doesn't overwrite any files in the game. All of the Industries, City-Buildings, Cargo's and Vehicles are new. If you have a clean install of Locomotion, and this mod is installed you will only get new stuff...If you already have the latest version of Plastikman's automod nothing will be overwritten (except for 4 DAT.files. That is AUTOPRTS.DAT, AUTOS.DAT, PLASTIC.DAT and SCRAP.DAT). This mod has new buildings and new names for the factories. I did this so people can still play their older scenarios in wich they use Plastikman's version of the automod.

No time to waste, time to play has come !!

Regards,

Erik (AKA Emperor Darth Sidious)

Thnxss goes to Zimmlock (For most of the new buildings), Plastikman (for the idea of an automod), Fultron78 (for providing a few of the cargos which I edited) and Illegal Alien (for providing the download space to upload this mod) :bow: , thnxss also goes to Martin Mundorf, Walter1940 and Tattoo for providing some new vehicles for the mod :bow: . I couldn't have done it without you guys !!!
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 08 Jan 2012 11:38, edited 49 times in total.
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [WIP] The Automod Re-done

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

I think, THIS DESERVES A HUGE PARTY! Really sounds awsome. Looks great too, Keep up the great work on it EDS. Great! :D 8)
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

I'm also thinking of letting the steel mill have produce two kinds of steel for it. Then the Autoparts Factory can recieve other steel then the Cannery and to let my oil-refinery produce gasoline. One of the cardealers (the small one) and a garage that accepts autoparts, tires and gasoline (so as if it looks like a real garage). I will also include a gas-station wich will accept gasoline and food and produce waste and passengers.
Garage and Gas-Station.PNG
Garage and Gas-Station.PNG (104.78 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
Something like this...
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

This really sounds awesome. I can only imagine playing this on the Serpent.
- Fractal design R3 case - Asus P8P67 Motherboard - Intel Core i7-2600k 3,4Ghz - AMD Radeon HD6950 Direct CU II 2GB - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz -
ed-oorklep
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ed-oorklep »

Great initiative :bow: .

But where would you get your used rubber in the startup phase? Since you need it for tyres which are then needed for automobiles but it only comes from scrap yards who need scrapped automobiles first? Could be me overseeing something though :D

Looks nice and complicated for the rest though.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

The autodealers produce scrap and scrapcars even if no car has been delivered there...It's because they are city buildings and they produce stuff from nothing. Houses for example produce mail and passengers even without anything being delivered there...so the same goes for the cardealers. The produced scrapcars and scrap is then delivered at the scrapyard and used rubber and construction-steel is produced...Together with the trams this would make a nice start-up in a new game :wink:
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 28 Jul 2011 21:44, edited 2 times in total.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

I have changed the forest to a stand alone industry. It no longer needs fertilizer to produce rubber. So fertilizer doesn't come with this mod. So now you can choose between to types of forests...one if you want to transport rubber, and one if you want to transport lumber. I'm also thinking of creating new graphics for the rubber forest, but still working on that with somebody else...

Some standard game vehicles are done (but they come as new vehicles with the mod):
The New Standard Trucks.PNG
The New Standard Trucks.PNG (20.33 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
The goods-truck to carry Tires, Electric Equipment, Autoparts, Automobiles and Scrap-Automobiles.
The hopper-truck to carry Scrap, Rubber and Old Tires.
The mail-truck to carry Waste.
The New Standard Trains.PNG
The New Standard Trains.PNG (20.44 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
The goods-train to carry Tires, Electric Equipment, Autoparts, Automobiles and Scrap-Automobiles.
The hopper-train to carry Scrap, Rubber and Old Tires.
The waste-train to carry Waste.

Gasoline and Latex have the same ID's as Oil or Chemicals, so when Gasoline and Latex are installed in the game those trucks and trains will carry that automatic. No editing is needed for that. The same goes for Aluminium and Rolled Steel. They also have the same cargo ID as normal Steel.

Check the first post to see some changes in the mod.

So far this small update.
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 04 Aug 2011 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

The rubber forest is done. Graphics where made by Zimmlock, and the coding has been done by me.

Here's the result:
New Rubber Forest.PNG
(295.21 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
As you can see the rubber forest has new trees and a new house in it.

The scenario that comes with it will be the No Mod version of the Serpent, wich is also done by Zimmlock. I'm still trying to make it realy mod free, but that is very hard. I think I'm gonna need a few sounds for it as well as some small other stuff. I'll do my best...I will make a scenario of it that uses all the aspects of the mod, and it will be released together with the mod. Because, with every new mod that is released belongs a nice scenario, and The serpent is just the right one for it...

Still working on the rest of the mod and permission.
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 26 Jul 2011 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
mc.crab
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mc.crab »

That forest looks really good.I'm really looking forwRArd to play this.

I'ts quite hard to write with a HTC.
- Fractal design R3 case - Asus P8P67 Motherboard - Intel Core i7-2600k 3,4Ghz - AMD Radeon HD6950 Direct CU II 2GB - 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz -
Zainy521
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Zainy521 »

Looks great! Do you think Plastikman might get on board and allow his vehicles to be modded for this ?
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

I'm not sure about that...Only Plastikman will know. It depends on his permission, so I have to wait until I can get in touch with him. For now I have edited the standard vehicles so that they can carry all of the new goods. But there are no other vehicles released yet by Plastikman (at least not trucks) that carry autoparts, automobiles or scrap. I have already edited a few of his vehicles for personal use...When I have permission to release them I will and then they are included in this mod.

The Rubber Plantage is created by Zimmlock and me I can release that anyway...even without this mod. But it is still in beta and need some more testing for now...
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

All I can say is that if this does make it into the public domain as Darth envisage's then it might be one of the biggest changes to gameplay I have seen since starting to use Locomotion.

That's what I love about the forum here and it's user's, despite this game being 7 years old people still have an interest in developing it's capacity to be played with new industries, trains, trucks, et al.

Keep up the good work Darth
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thnxsss, and yes I'm still a big fan of the game and enjoy every minute of play-time and editing :lol: However this is my first mod, of course I couldn't have done it without Plastikman and Zimmlock, but I'm playing around with it now and keep on testing and editing. I hope I can release it soon...

By now I'm also working on some city-buildings at the moment. Mostly the shops and offices so that they will accept the electric equipment and will produce waste. They already accept goods, passengers and mail. So I have to change some of that.

But after I'm done you can deliver electrical equipment at the autoplant and in the city as well. That will give the player some more options to deliver electrical equipment to other places, and not just one single industry. Other city-buildings are also edited so that they can produce waste and some will produce scrap as well...

Still, if you guys have some ideas about it please let me know...

Hope to hear from you people, and see you later !
ed-oorklep
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ed-oorklep »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:The autodealers produce scrap and scrapcars even if no car has been delivered there...It's because they are city buildings and they produce stuff from nothing. Houses for example produce mail and passengers even without anything being delivered there...so the same goes for the cardealers. The produced scrapcars and scrap is then delivered at the scrapyard and used rubber and steel is produced...Together with the trams this would make a nice start-up in a new game :wink:
Ah, I didn't know that 8) thanks for enlightening me :bow:
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

You welcome Ed.

Tonight I started my first real test-scenario. This first test is for the used rubber and scrap-automobiles. Here's the first screen:
First Test New Mod.PNG
(384.7 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
(btw I make use of my US vehicles, but the standard game vehicles have already been tested and they work as well)

As you can see this is working. The Cardealers produce scrap-cars and scrap-metal. Waste is also produced at some city buildings. The scrapyard produces Construction steel and used rubber. The used rubber, waste and scrap-metal is delivered at the recycle plant. The Recycle plant produces rubber and goods... :wink: :lol:

The whole mod needs even more testing, but its a start :D

Keep you guys posted !
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Good news ! Lochris gave me his permission to release the Recycle-Factory and waste-transport today. So this new industry will be included in the mod together with the vehicles that I have edited to carry waste. The original files for the waste-transport can be found on Lochris his site here: http://www.lochris.lima-city.de/downloads/abfall.php

Not far from releasing this new mod...a little more patience :lol: Keep on giving feedback and I'll keep you guys posted !!
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

I have edited a bunch of city-buildings so they will accept electric equipment, and a whole bunch of houses that produce waste. So far the mod seems to work. I have already spoken a few people who are willing to test this. I'm still looking for 1 or 2 people who have the US version of the game to test it for me. Let it be people who are quite some time on these forums and no beginners please...

Zimmlock is one of the test-players, Jeroentje006 will test this and I have asked Lighthouse to test this for me. I hope that Plastikman is willing to test this as well, and maybe 1 or 2 other guys from America...

After testing is done, this mod will be released. A few things are still to be done, but the mod is playable at this point !

Hope to hear from you guys !
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 01 Aug 2011 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

I can test for you.
Ive been doing Loco for a looooong time.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Old industries have graphical changes done by Zimmlock:

The Rubber Plantage (Forest reworked):
Rubber Plantage.PNG
(343.55 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
The Tire Factory (Old Car Plant reworked):
Tire-Factory.PNG
(153.4 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
The Scrap-Heap (Old scrap-yard reworked with stackes of old tires):
Scrap-Heap.PNG
(326.48 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
How about that... :lol:

Still working on the rest of the mod...

Everything is new now. New Buildings, new Cargo's, new vehicles and new city-buildings. No original data will be overwritten.

Keep you posted !!!
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Were getting closer and closer. This is what I have done yesterday and today. I have worked on the mod to make it completly stand-alone. That means that everything that is needed for the mod has the name "NAM" in it, for easy reference. No old files are overwritten anymore and the original automod from Plastikman stays as it was. So if you already have the original automod, then you still recieve new buildings and cardealers.

Here are some screens of the progress:
The NAM City-Buildings.PNG
(241.58 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Here's a screenshot of the NAM City-Buildings. I have edited the original buildings to do that. These city-buildings all produce waste for the recycle factory. Most of the offices and shops accept electrical equipment. These are new files so nothing gets overwritten. However when you play the New Automod these buildings are needed in the city's. I also edited them so they are build forever after their first year of development.
The NAM selections.PNG
The NAM selections.PNG (141.27 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
Here's an overview of the selected objects needed when playing the NAM. As you can see there are the 10 new industries (all with NAM in front of their names). Two standard industries are needed, those are the oilwells and the iron ore mine. All of the new vehicles have "NAM" inside their names, accept for the Flatbedtrucks/trains and the Tankertrucks/trains. You need them for this mod but they have the new cargo's in their load because those cargo's don't have new ID's. Those are the Gasoline, the Construction Steel and the Rolled Steel.

One thing left to do. Making the Serpent ready for the test and then the testing can begin...

I already saw that LA. Noire wants to test this thing. I will contact you about it...Is there any-one else ? Please let me know and please give some feedback. I'm still open for changes, ideas and other comments that you might have... :P

Keep you people posted !

See you later ! :wink:

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”