UK Railway Set (UKRS2) Extended graphics contributions

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: UK Railway Set (UKRS2) Extended graphics contributions

Post by SquireJames »

PikkaBird wrote:
SquireJames wrote:My apologies for not getting the Royal Scot sprites fixed for the Dreadnought Release Pikka. I'll get them done as soon as I find a few minutes to concentrate on them.
Final call for sprites! As far as I know, everything on the tracking table that hasn't been coded yet either has significant template issues or is unfinished. If anyone has sprites for the add-on set, get them in now, because this week's update will be - bugfixes notwithstanding - the last for a while. :)
Pikka, I have compared my sprites to that of the 4-6-0 King Arthur (the engine most like the Royal Scot currently in the set) and they match perfectly. No mismatch or misplaced pixels. If you don't wish to include it in it's current condition, no problem, I just don't know what I am supposed to fix when it uses the same dimensions as an engine that is already in the set, but mine is wrong and the existing one is right somehow.

I will submit some additional versions however with smoke deflectors and a fowler tender. If you could program it to use the early Jubilee sprites from 1943 onwards, that'd be great. By that point the Jubilee is using the Black Five sprites anyway, and at TT Scale the difference between a Jubilee and a Rebuilt Scot is negligible. So all in all, you'd have:-

Royal Scot - LMS Crimson Lake - Parallel Boiler, No Smoke Deflectors, Fowler Tender (1928-1934)
Royal Scot - LMS Crimson Lake - Parallel Boiler, Smoke Deflectors, Stanier Tender (1934-1939)
Royal Scot - LMS Plain Black - Parallel Boiler, Smoke Deflectors, Stanier Tender (1939-1943)
Royal Scot - LMS Lined Black - Taper Boiler, Smoke Deflectors, Stanier Tender (1943-1948)
Royal Scot - British Railways Brunswick Green - Taper Boiler, Smoke Deflectors, Stanier Tender (1948-1965)

Plenty there don't you think :) I'll have the rest of the sprites up within the hour.

EDIT: Two wobbles.
A) Can't find the 4-4-0 Edwardian sprite sheet to take a suitable Fowler Tender from. Easy enough for you to copy paste I am sure :) Does not appear to be on the site with the rest of the sprite sheets.
B) Not sure how to upload files to your wiki. Will post sprites here.
Attachments
SmokeDeflectStanierTender.png
SmokeDeflectStanierTender.png (6.85 KiB) Viewed 3981 times
coalroads artist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by coalroads artist »

Updated tug, found a few mistakes and wasn't completely happy with front but I'm happy with this one. Yes it's hard to capture in a few pixels. Looks better on track..
Attachments
tug2.PNG
tug2.PNG (5.1 KiB) Viewed 3951 times
Original AUSSET graphics artist.
-Mr squiggle was my mentor!
Tracking table-Ausset
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

SquireJames wrote:Pikka, I have compared my sprites to that of the 4-6-0 King Arthur (the engine most like the Royal Scot currently in the set) and they match perfectly.
I have compared your sprites to the King Arthur sprites, and they don't. "The same length" means "the same length". It does not mean "maybe one or two pixels longer or shorter".
A) Can't find the 4-4-0 Edwardian sprite sheet to take a suitable Fowler Tender from. Easy enough for you to copy paste I am sure :) Does not appear to be on the site with the rest of the sprite sheets.
B) Not sure how to upload files to your wiki. Will post sprites here.
While it would be possible to put different length tenders on the same locomotive, the Fowler tender and the Stanier tender won't be interchangeable. The Fowler is 3 long (12px) and the Stanier is 3.5 (14px), so requires a .5 extra length on the locomotive. The tender and loco together need to add up to a round number. I realise all this is quite confusing for beginners (Lawton took a few goes to get the Arthur right), so if I can help any more specifically, I will.

You should now be able to upload to the wiki. :)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

coalroads artist wrote:Updated tug, found a few mistakes and wasn't completely happy with front but I'm happy with this one. Yes it's hard to capture in a few pixels. Looks better on track..
Looks good. :)

I realise they're slightly different, but my 92 is now on the wiki if you want to compare them.
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

PikkaBird wrote: I have compared your sprites to the King Arthur sprites, and they don't. "The same length" means "the same length". It does not mean "maybe one or two pixels longer or shorter".
Pikka, I've gone back, trimmed absolutely every unnecessary pixel. The only dimensional difference now is the tender which is YOUR Jubilee tender. I've used Lawtons King Arthur tender as a Fowler stand-in, so it should be ready to go for both versions now. Uploaded the Fowler Tender version on your wiki. Unsure how to upload new files without overwriting old ones, so to post both sprites, here are the two versions
Attachments
NoSmokeDeflectFowlerTender.png
NoSmokeDeflectFowlerTender.png (7.18 KiB) Viewed 3912 times
SmokeDeflectStanierTender.png
SmokeDeflectStanierTender.png (7.12 KiB) Viewed 3912 times
coalroads artist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

PikkaBird wrote:
coalroads artist wrote:Updated tug, found a few mistakes and wasn't completely happy with front but I'm happy with this one. Yes it's hard to capture in a few pixels. Looks better on track..
Looks good. :)

I realise they're slightly different, but my 92 is now on the wiki if you want to compare them.
Thanks Pikka, I did have a look at your 92 sprites whilst drawing the 60. Don't know if I'll change anything but it did help to compare. Might shade the windows a bit more and extend windows on side view to match the 92 more. Nothing sprite size though. Also noticed the rings on the 92, cool! After drawing this I have respect for all those sprites drawn at this smaller scale!
Tracking table-Ausset
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

The lower front on that've looks perfect! :bow:
Only thing is, the windows look to curve up towards the centre, so now the upper front looks more like a Western :? .

Please don't think I'm insulting your drawing skills, I'm trying to do constructive criticism :P .
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
coalroads artist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Made comparisons and so changes, plus added a missing grille :oops: Now it's a super tug!
Attachments
supertug.PNG
supertug.PNG (5.12 KiB) Viewed 3783 times
Tracking table-Ausset
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Now, that looks like a 60! Awesome! :bow:
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Tug is supreme.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
coalroads artist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Haha, thanks!
Tracking table-Ausset
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

I take it that development on this mod has been halted permanently, like the main UKRS2 (first post in a very long time!)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

bvoice360 wrote:I take it that development on this mod has been halted permanently, like the main UKRS2 (first post in a very long time!)
Yeah I'm pretty sure this is dead. Though pikka has made it clear that people are free to make add-on sets for URKS2 if you want
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

bvoice360 wrote:I take it that development on this mod has been halted permanently, like the main UKRS2 (first post in a very long time!)
Never say never. If no-one draws any more graphics, though, there's nothing for me to code. :)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

PikkaBird wrote:
Never say never. If no-one draws any more graphics, though, there's nothing for me to code. :)
Well like I said, I'm "pretty sure" its dead, but I could be wrong, then again I think UKRS2 and its add-on are pretty good the way they are now.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

Well, either pikka or some other guy 'recently' made a micro-mod that replaces the old geriatric express car with something faster, so it's not quite dead yet, though that's the only activity I've seen involving UKRS/2 in a looooong time.

Return to “Graphics Development”