[REL] The Industry River (no MOD)

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

[REL] The Industry River (no MOD)

Post by Zimmlock »

A new scenario, Zimmlock style in the tradition like Penninsular World and The Serpent.

This means long distance, suitable for long trains and Boundary markers.
THE INDUSTRY RIVER now released is a allmost MOD free Expert Scenario, ment for the USset in a later Modded stage.
But for now you need only 6 extra .dat in your original Object file, i have included a small zip with them (LSIRON, IRONAREA, SALTFLAT, UCWEEDS1, CLIMUS, BLOCKADE).

The goal is to build a vast network, connect all industry and service the towns, make sure the passengers can visit the towns they want and have a comfortable life with goods and food.
To make sure you have fun and spend a lot of time playing there are a few restrictions, you can only cross the river at the Powerplants, you can deliver coal to them however they are more ment as eye candy and indicators.
From the Powerplants run powerlines, the pilons indicate a land seperation, you have to go around this.
Between Owensboro and New Chicago you ll find a small mountain pass infested with Boundary markers, but the path to go is clearly visable.

The beginning of a new game is allways crittical, on this map, you ll just have enough money to start your first line, little space left for error, so plan carfully where you start, once your first line is operative, pay back your loan and all your problems are solved.

Have fun and enjoy playing Locomotion,
Best Regards
Zimmlock

EDIT: have replaced a few boundarys to make a 4 track able to cross the mountain
Attachments
The Industry River add.zip
6 data files
(87.63 KiB) Downloaded 772 times
The Industry River.zip
Scenario
(560.21 KiB) Downloaded 740 times
Last edited by Zimmlock on 23 Jun 2011 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [REL] The Industry River (no MOD)

Post by Zimmlock »

a small overview
Attachments
The Industry River map1.png
The Industry River map1.png (68.05 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
The Industry River map2.png
The Industry River map2.png (20.78 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
The Industry River view.png
(406.35 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

2 more views
Attachments
The Industry River view1.png
(589.24 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
The Industry River view2.png
(441.33 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

Thanks for posting the map Zimmlock :D

It makes people have fun for many hours.

I know it for sure after some map tests.
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
Zainy521
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Zainy521 »

Thanks for another awesome scenario, Zimmlock! Keep 'em coming!
ed-oorklep
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ed-oorklep »

Great scenario :bow: . Posted some screens in the screenshot section 8)
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

33 times the scenario is downloaded, it would be nice to see some screenshots.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Here's a few screens for ya Zimmlock. Another awesome map you made. I only have the Iron Ore and Coal Mine going, besides the starting lumber trains, so not many screens to show. I was able to get a 40 tile station going on this one. Nice long trains but can't wait til they upgrade to more power. Most need 4 engines but the 40 tile station trains need 6 to keep the speed up.

This would be even better once you mod it. I'd love to see Plastics trains in this. Especially the BigBoy and Challenger. I put them in a saved gane but got the airplane sound so that wasn't fun playing with the sound turned off.

I also got the track lyed in the mountain area but no trains running thru it yet. It'll be interesting to see how they perform going up hill. :wink: I tried to get 4 wide thru it but can only do 3. Oh well.
Attachments
Screenshot1.png
(321.63 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Screenshot2.png
(343.82 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Screenshot3.png
(276.7 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by Tattoo on 21 Jun 2011 23:05, edited 2 times in total.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

3 more. Oh, yeah, even with all the trains I have for the 40 tile station, the station still sits empty for a little bit. I'll add more when I add more track around the map. I think this is a 4 track wide map. Maybe not all thru it but in some spots it'll need it. I'll know more as I progress.
Attachments
Screenshot4.png
(230.04 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Screenshot5.png
(243.9 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Screenshot6.png
(246.24 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by Tattoo on 21 Jun 2011 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Will do a testrun on it soon. Looks funny.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Nice work Tattoo :D I am not yet sure with a MOD version, at first i have to rebuild a "clean" modded Objdata file. But second you can add all stuf you want with Locomod, if your Bigboy and or a other locomotive makes a noise of an airplane, it means you didnt select in locomod the sound file belonging to that particular engine. When you MOD a game and select vehicles you can see in the most right field of locomod window all things required for that particular part, if the box next to it is not tagged it means you have to select that aswell.
The advantage of a more and less non-modded game is that everybody can locomod the game to his/her requirements, with all modded versions of my previouse scenarios i had and still have so many questions because people dont read and dont know how to edit the trackst.dat to make the game working.

I have not yet played this version of The Industry River, i played the test version, but i am sure you can put 4 tracks true the mountain pass.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Thanks a lot Zimmlock! I didn't realize that I had to pick the sound as well. That worked perfectly. I was also getting the plane engine from not checkingthe bbsteam as well. All is good now. Thanks again.

I like the modded versions because there is just so many vehicles to choose from and I don't know them like you guys do. So 'I' hope you release one. It's still a badass map to play.

I was able to get 4 tracks wide thru most of the mountain area except for on one side of the lake. Unless I bridge it buit I have enough bridges in it. :) I don't want to do that. I took 2 screen shots to show ya where I'm talking about.
Attachments
Screenshot1x.png
Screenshot1x.png (41.15 KiB) Viewed 9497 times
Screenshot1xxx.png
Screenshot1xxx.png (52.37 KiB) Viewed 9479 times
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I just got done figuring out how to run the track to the approaching hills to the mountain. That took quite a while to figure out. I had the track layed straight and the trains were going down to 5 mph. This way, they only lose around 12 mph and I get a lot more money for the load. I had to modify the land at the mouth of the mountain so the track wasn't bridged but it wasn't all that much. It sucks I had to chop down all the trees tho. I'm starting over now any way because there are other spots that need this type of layout. I thought it would be good having the track running straight up the hills, but it's not. Snaking them is the way to go just as long as they are only on one upgrade at a time. WooHoo!! :D I'm liking this map even more now.

Thanks again Zimmlock.
Attachments
Screenshot17.png
(284.76 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by Tattoo on 23 Jun 2011 02:46, edited 1 time in total.
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

There are 2 types of boundry markers. funny to see you used the visible one.
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

When I'm placing track down and I keep running into them, I'll switch them so I can see where they are especially in a situation like with this map. Everywhere else I can get 4 tracks wide except in the screens shots above. So I switched them to see where the problem is. Unfortunately, it seems that I would have to run a bridge next to the water to have 4 tracks wide nd that takes away from the overall look of the area. Maybe I can lower the water or something. Hmm. I'll try that.
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Allright good job Tattoo, i have made a small change to the map to make it possible to pass the mountains with 4 tracks.
Attachments
Screenshot22.png
(400.79 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Thanks, Zimmloack. I downloaded the new map. I was able to lower the water and go next to it. That would have worked but it's probably better that ya changed it so others won't have the same problem.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

once i get home this scenario is getting such a workout 8)
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

Tattoo wrote:Thanks, Zimmloack. I downloaded the new map. I was able to lower the water and go next to it. That would have worked but it's probably better that ya changed it so others won't have the same problem.
Who's Zimmloack? A clone of Zimmlock?
But very nice map Zimm. Awsome. I will give it a try.
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Pfew finaly got some time to play my own map, i decided to run steamers only. I started with a single track from Columbia forrest to the paper plant, the screen is at the point i have just made it double track 1913, a camelback approches the woodbridge.
EDIT added a other screenie, took a long time to construct the first 2 track mainline all around the world, here my first coal train heading for New Chicago steelplant, a Southern Pacific Cab-ahead with 38 hoppers and a caboose.
Attachments
camelback.png
camelback.png (90.06 KiB) Viewed 9321 times
SP Cab-ahead.png
(454.21 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”