Mars Graphics?

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
opensteam
Engineer
Engineer

Mars Graphics?

Post by opensteam »

I used to own Transport Tycoon Deluxe which had the mars graphics, but when I looked it up on Wikipedia it says that it only came with some World Editor version. Strangely enough I don't remember toy or snow terrains in my game. Did I have some strange version of the game, or are there other people with this version?

I had the blue jewel case with the silver coated CD. If anybody has one they want to sell, i'm buying!
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Mars Graphics?

Post by lawton27 »

There is a mars graphics grf which changes toyland to mars. You can find it on GRFcrawler http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/index.p ... rch&q=mars
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

opensteam wrote:I used to own Transport Tycoon Deluxe which had the mars graphics, but when I looked it up on Wikipedia it says that it only came with some World Editor version. Strangely enough I don't remember toy or snow terrains in my game. Did I have some strange version of the game, or are there other people with this version?

I had the blue jewel case with the silver coated CD. If anybody has one they want to sell, i'm buying!
You had TTO, not TTD. TTO came with just standard and Mars graphics, while TTD came with the 4 different landscapes. I believe TTO is abandonware now and you can download it, but i wouldn't like to be quoted on that. Can anyone confirm?
opensteam
Engineer
Engineer

Post by opensteam »

I just checked the original Transport Tycoon and it only has grass terrain. I know I had the blue case with the word deluxe and the silver CD. My copy only had mars and grassland terrain.

I'm starting to wonder if there were two different versions of TT Deluxe.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

opensteam wrote:I just checked the original Transport Tycoon and it only has grass terrain. I know I had the blue case with the word deluxe and the silver CD. My copy only had mars and grassland terrain.

I'm starting to wonder if there were two different versions of TT Deluxe.
You had the original Transport Tycoon with the World Editor addon, like you said in your first post. :roll:
opensteam
Engineer
Engineer

Post by opensteam »

Anybody have the world editor version for sale? :)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

There is no "deluxe version" with the mars graphics. What you had was Transport Tycoon with the World Editor addon - this. I'm not aware that it ever all came on one CD either, but there you go.

If you want to play Transport Tycoon, I recommend downloading OpenTTD. The only reason you would want to buy a physical copy is as a collectors item...
opensteam
Engineer
Engineer

Post by opensteam »

I only remember having one CD and one case though :D. It would be awesome it they added the mars graphic pack to OpenTTD. I really enjoyed the mars graphic pack.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

PikkaBird wrote:There is no "deluxe version" with the mars graphics. What you had was Transport Tycoon with the World Editor addon - this. I'm not aware that it ever all came on one CD either, but there you go.

If you want to play Transport Tycoon, I recommend downloading OpenTTD. The only reason you would want to buy a physical copy is as a collectors item...
I used to have the CD which came with the world editor addon, its floating around somewhere.
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

opensteam wrote:I only remember having one CD and one case though :D. It would be awesome it they added the mars graphic pack to OpenTTD. I really enjoyed the mars graphic pack.
Did you notice my post or have you forgotten what I told you?
opensteam
Engineer
Engineer

Post by opensteam »

Thanks!

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”