OpenGFX+ Industries

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: OpenGFX+ Industries

Post by planetmaker »

Digitalfox wrote: If you use TTRS, its banks will remain to supply valuables.
But ok, here's a Savegame created to show the problem.
Digitalfox wrote:I love this GRF so much :)
But two things, since I'm using 32bpp graphics is a bit of a shame that it changes the Iron Mine and the Farm to the OpenGFX graphics, the other Industries still maintain the 32bpp Graphics of Zbase.
And Using latest version, I can't get any other type of cargo on Banks in temperate than valuables. If i choose Gold or Diamonds or Gold and Diamonds, it always uses valuables.
Is that behavior on purpose or a bug?

UPDATE: Ok I've read the readme.txt, I have TTRS :( Is there any, any possible workaround without having to remove TTRS? Why does TTRS modify the Banks?
UPDATE2: Ahhhhhhhhhh.. Ok I've read the topic where PlanetMaker explains why Industries and TTRS don't get along. Such a Shame. :( But still, what about the 32bpp problem anything that can be done to that?
OpenGFX+ Industries in principle could provide 32bpp sprites, it "just" needs adding those. I'm undecided about that. But in principle, as the user can choose his blitter explicitly to use 8bpp, it probably would not hurt (despite it being called OpenGFX+ instead of zBase+). As I'm currently rather busy with other stuff, that would go faster, if there's an ambitious volunteers to integrate zBase (or maybe even Yeti, if and where possible and allowed) sprites :) It could of course also be done in a fork/clone, so one wouldn't even have to deal with my comments and desires with respect to coding style :P
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

It could add an option that does not allow opening and closing of industries as has Manpower but without using the requerimeinto of the crew.
It would be very useful for those who want to play founding new industries manually.
It will be very grateful. regards
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Because planetmaker granted me to add some patches, I committed source revision with two additional options, for disable of creation/closure of
main industries and (independently) town industries (banks etc).
I hope that I did not mixed code to much.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

Thank You !! I test it right now and tell you that it works.
You're a genius!
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

That does not happen, it does not effect the two options and industries appearing alone

You do not want to edit your grf and will withdraw the option of trupulacion because if it works industries options?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Which version you are testing?
The newer one is always here:
http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/ogfx-ind ... sh/LATEST/
Note, that by default both options are on (industries behave normally), you must switch it off, to freeze them.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

McZapkie wrote:Which version you are testing?
The newer one is always here:
http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/ogfx-ind ... sh/LATEST/
Note, that by default both options are on (industries behave normally), you must switch it off, to freeze them.

That version and I'm using the options changed that comes by default.

It is rare for me industries appear despite having the option configured to forbid.

I have two industries to create them. And that only use a set of industries
Attachments
screenshot.png
(231.4 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

I forgot to define in-game probability for oil refinery and oil wells, it is fixed now (version 5509).
all other bugs seems to be just a problems with savegame broken due to newgrf swaps.
Please, always create new game for testing, not just change newgrfs.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

McZapkie wrote:I forgot to define in-game probability for oil refinery and oil wells, it is fixed now (version 5509).
all other bugs seems to be just a problems with savegame broken due to newgrf swaps.
So I think the original has a recognition problem and should have a bug.

If I modify a scenario editor and add the GRF out duplicate industries, while in the same scenario if you use Manpower industries are not duplicated.

Note that using Opengfx + industries, emerging industries duplicate. However if you use Manpower, properly output a single industry.
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

sunshare wrote:
McZapkie wrote:I forgot to define in-game probability for oil refinery and oil wells, it is fixed now (version 5509).
So I think the original has a recognition problem and should have a bug.

If I modify a scenario editor and add the GRF out duplicate industries, while in the same scenario if you use Manpower industries are not duplicated.

Note that using Opengfx + industries, emerging industries duplicate. However if you use Manpower, properly output a single industry.
I tried OpenGFX+ Industries and can't get it to duplicate. Maybe the scenario have a industry newgrf attached.

Attach a screenshot of the newgrf page that's active in the scenario, or even better attach the scenario
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

All problems mentioned above were due to changing newgrfs in existing game state.
Sunshare, swapping newgrfs, especially industry newgrfs, can corrupt a game.
Please don't bother us with such problems, if game is not cleanly started from scratch.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

McZapkie wrote:All problems mentioned above were due to changing newgrfs in existing game state.
Sunshare, swapping newgrfs, especially industry newgrfs, can corrupt a game.
Please don't bother us with such problems, if game is not cleanly started from scratch.
I started a new game from scratch and and Oil refineries continue to open even enabled the option to forbid.
Already probe with the official version and the version Spring Patch, is the same in both versions, the oil refinery opens by itself.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Something goes wrong with source update - my wells/refinery bug fix disappear from repository (or I just forget to synchronise).
Currently 5530 version have again oil wells and oil refinery in-game probability and closure defined via switch, like any other industry.
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

I noticed, that FOOD is not refittable for vehicles with only CC_EXPRESS class allowed, in contrary to standard openttd industry.
In opengfx+industry multi-classes are defined as follows:

Code: Select all

cargo_classes:                  bitmask(CC_BULK | CC_REFRIGERATED);
Is it correct, instead of semicolons?
With semicolons it works fine.

PS. why GRAIN is not CC_COVERED?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

McZapkie wrote:I noticed, that FOOD is not refittable for vehicles with only CC_EXPRESS class allowed, in contrary to standard openttd industry.
In opengfx+industry multi-classes are defined as follows:

cargo_classes:                  bitmask(CC_BULK | CC_REFRIGERATED);
Is it correct, instead of semicolons?
With semicolons it works fine.

PS. why GRAIN is not CC_COVERED?
I would expect neither to give correct results except in rare edge cases. A bitmask is used like

bitmask(CC_EXPRESS, CC_REFRIGERATED)
with comma between entries in the bitmask.

OpenGFX+Trains uses the cargo classes for the cargoes as documented in the NewGRF wiki, both for consistency as to ensure that sets can transport all cargo as they intend: http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/CargoTypes
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

I would expect neither to give correct results except in rare edge cases. A bitmask is used like

Ok, seems that there is bug in Opengfx+ Industries, ticket opened.

BTW, industries open/close bugs are solved and can be closed (I corrected code but can't close issue by myself).
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

McZapkie wrote:

Ok, seems that there is bug in Opengfx+ Industries, ticket opened.

BTW, industries open/close bugs are solved and can be closed (I corrected code but can't close issue by myself).
Aye, thanks a lot, I fixed the cargo class bug. And I gave you developer rights on the OpenGFX+Industries project as well so you can edit issues now, too. As I'm a bit unsure which you fixed #7480? #7454? #7424? (and I can't test now properly as I'm travelling), can you please close as appropriate?

For your future convenience: Bugs are automatically closed when you craft the commit message appropriately and reference the bug# explicitly.

Fix #XXXX: bla bla
where XXXX is the issue number related to the bug. For instance there are two bugs related to oil industries and your commit message does not make clear which it relates to.

Two remarks to that commit of yours:
* Referencing the bugs in the commit message as stated above allows semi-automatic generation of changelogs for releases.
* Please indent using tabs in this project. Mixing style leads to bad code readability :) I pushed a fix related to that.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

planetmaker wrote:As I'm a bit unsure which you fixed #7480? #7454? #7424? (and I can't test now properly as I'm travelling), can you please close as appropriate?

For your future convenience: Bugs are automatically closed when you craft the commit message appropriately and reference the bug# explicitly.

Fix #XXXX: bla bla
All above issues were already fixed, therefore I closed them. Sunhare was confused a bit, because I claimed that bug is fixed, whereas probably I forgot to push it.
Thanks for tip with automatic report closure, it should help to cope with such situations.
meslinjf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by meslinjf »

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to revert back to the original graphics for the farm, iron ore mine etc...? I've used grf wizard but cannot seem to read edit the .pcx file myself.

Oh... and how do I get the necessary vehicles to transport the new cargos? I can turn on new industries in temperate but I can't transport food, paper and water.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Try the OpenGFX+ Road vehicles, Trains, and so on. They are basically the same as the 'default' ones, some have updated graphics, and they can carry almost any cargo.

Return to “Graphics Releases”