Japan Set Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

krtaylor wrote:I went to add that to the website, but I don't know any of its stats, e.g. the date. Can you post those please?
Thar u go!

2100: 40km/h (80km/h on non-road tracks), 20 tonnes, 47 people capacity, 120Kw, 2002 Introduction;
1000: 40km/h, 16 tonnes, 80 people capacity, 90Kw/h, 1959 Introduction;
2000/50: 40km/h, 16 tonnes, 80 people capacity, 100Kw/h, 1963 Introduction;
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

You mean, that's a tram, not a train? Isn't it a little big?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

krtaylor wrote:I went to add that to the website, but I don't know any of its stats, e.g. the date. Can you post those please?
The Kirara:
Weight: 30.4t
Capacity: 85 people
Power: 212Kw
Built: 1997
Speed: 75km/h

ToniBabelony was quoting the specs for his 3 trams drawn previously.
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

stevenh wrote:ToniBabelony was quoting the specs for his 3 trams drawn previously.
Ah yes. I thought those specs were needed...

The Kiara isn't a tram. It's a special Japanese type of train for mountainious lines.
The funny thing is that these types run on 1435mm track! And not on the 'regular' 1067mm Japanese 'cape-gauge'.

These 'mountain-trains' run on (by head) the Eizan-Dentetsu, Hakone-Tozan and Hankyû... Enoden has high-step tram-type trains.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Ah, I see, this would be a "high-powered" EMU useful for steep hills. I've updated the website. I'd still like to hear about status for the various GRFs, I've only heard back about the trams.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

Ok, here it is... more or less complete (I'm hestitant to release it as 'complete' since it relies on the WIP patches that I'm still currently coding (Articulated RVs and Short RVs)). :twisted:

Anyway, this GRF has both ToniBabelony's Trams and mine. The stats for mine are as follows (Get pics from my actual website):

[in order of appearance]

238-hannover: 46 people, 10.1t, 1928, 123HP, 30km/h
900: 80 peepz, 16.5t, 1957, 120HP, 45km/h
70-dortmund: 150 people, 33t, 1959,348HP, 65km/h
3000: 180 people, 30.09t, 1963, 332HP, 55km/h
700:91 people, 20t, 1982, 140HP,55km/h
3900: 152 peeps, 38t, 1990, 460HP, 62km/h
5000-greenmover: 158 people, 31.70t, 1999, 536HP, 80km/h
Attachments
hirotram_d.grf
DOS
(57.58 KiB) Downloaded 614 times
hirotram_w.grf
Windows
(57.56 KiB) Downloaded 2387 times
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

One question... How can I add next tram wagon to head. sry if its silly question, but i cant find readme file or sth like that ...
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

If you're running the nightlies and not the beta, then you need to add ArticulatedRVs = on to your configuration.
If the vehicles were never meant to be articulated then you use Ctrl-Build to attach to the first vehicle in the depot.

Though, this is off-topic, so please continue any discussions in http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24536
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

stevenh wrote:If you're running the nightlies and not the beta, then you need to add ArticulatedRVs = on to your configuration.
If the vehicles were never meant to be articulated then you use Ctrl-Build to attach to the first vehicle in the depot.

Though, this is off-topic, so please continue any discussions in http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24536
Ok ty. And sry for off topic. I am useing japan trams so I asked here ;)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Nice! I have a couple of questions -
- Are there plans for more trams, e.g. one for 1970-ish, and one to start the game with in 1920?
- Any thoughts on a near-future one, maybe in design now for 2010 release, that would be the "available forever" one?
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

krtaylor wrote:...Are there plans for more trams... ...Any thoughts on a near-future one...
Not yet...
I'm going to (have to) focus on actual patch-coding as opposed to tinkering in paint :) There's a lot of underlying work to do before this set can be used 'safely'.

Always open to suggestions though... if someone has a prototype or image of a tram they want added to the set (doesn't have to come from a specific region) then throw your ideas at me.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Runs nicely, Steve. Just need proper running and purchase costs, and it'll be good for gaming :).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

Aegir wrote:Runs nicely, Steve. Just need proper running and purchase costs, and it'll be good for gaming :).
Yes, I definately forgot that I needed to update those....
Unfortunately... finding those stats is not easy... so everyone feel free to suggest values! :twisted:
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

stevenh wrote:Unfortunately... finding those stats is not easy...
You are absolutely right, it's probably most hard part of every set development. :(
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

In the case of trams, I'm not sure if the stats are really necessary. Probably a "best guesstimate" will work for the first pass, based on comparison with the other trams, and then fine-tuning adjustments based on gameplay testing if necessary.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Hello everyone? Back from our trips yet?
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Hello all, I'm back from my trip and setteled in Germany! (God, I'm so happy I left the Netherlands!)

Anyway, finding information of the stats of the Japanese trams is quite easy to find on http://wikipedia.org (the Japanese part nonetheless) You can guess the stats by the manufacturer of the trams. Most trams have compared stats, since the manufacturers often use the same bogies and chassis.

As for further projects, is there anything else to do besides animating steam trains? (which I'm not really keen on doing...) I was thinking about making more industries for the set. This is also in my to-do-list, so...
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Oh, I should post, shouldn't I? Hmm, well, I'm not up to a lot lately. Didn't jump straight back into coding after getting my laptop like I thought I would, and at the moment my laptop is too unstable to really do anything of much note (Except for copius web browsing and Tiberian Sun). If I can verify my laptops stability (read: get off my lazy arse), I'll see what I have to work on. I had a fair ammount of changes to make to the Japanset Buildings.

Oooh, that reminds me, I need to back those working files up...
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Here's what's left:

- Finish relatively comprehensive set of trams from start to finish (i.e. so you always have one available that's useful). I think we needed a few more, but maybe not?

- Coding of scenery. Aegir, you're working on that, right? I thought we also needed more Japanese single-family houses drawn.

- Drawing of industries, most particularly the farms, as those are the most glaringly non-Japanese.

- Coding updates to the trains, such as adding the new ones and tweaking prices. I take it that Sanchimaru is working with gl2 on that, right?

- I thought there were a few missing scenery graphic pieces, is that no longer the case?

- More Japanese train stations, of all kinds, to be drawn and coded.

- Does the Patch support the advanced bridges, so anyone's bridges can work with the Shinkansen and other tracks? I know this is being worked on, but I don't know how far it is along or what we'd need to do in the coding to take advantage of it.

- I believe the patch now supports the ability to have overhead catenary on the third track type (in our case, the Shinkansen); I suppose this needs some adjustment to our coding to take advantage of it?

Hope this helps. We are very, very close to a good point for a full public release of everything!!
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

krtaylor wrote:Here's what's left:

- Finish relatively comprehensive set of trams from start to finish (i.e. so you always have one available that's useful). I think we needed a few more, but maybe not? - Drawing of industries, most particularly the farms, as those are the most glaringly non-Japanese.

- Coding updates to the trains, such as adding the new ones and tweaking prices. I take it that Sanchimaru is working with gl2 on that, right?

- More Japanese train stations, of all kinds, to be drawn and coded.
This is quite interesting for me. I can do some of this IMO... Maybe I can try to make a sprite of Tokyo Station... But that will be a big project... I can try it if that's allright?

Return to “Graphics Development”