[TTDX Configurator news topic]

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Huh. It looks OK, you have the TTD files in there, and the Patch files, and also the TTDXC files (which don't care where they are).

Now what happens when you try to run the Patch program(ttdpatchw.exe)? Still the complaint about not finding the file?
alphanumeric
Director
Director

Post by alphanumeric »

almost the same error.. just added more things..

btw I havnt deleted all TT content yet... im going to in a few minutes and then re-install..
Attachments
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (82.84 KiB) Viewed 5509 times
alphanumeric
Director
Director

Post by alphanumeric »

btw krtaylor.. I have noticed all your caboose post.. I agree we need one bad!!!! and I cant belive their are not any in any sets or the main game...
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

it is not error .. press ENTER then it work .. turn off verbose switch to avoid that

btw. posts like this before send by private messgaes
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yes, that's no error, you got it working! Just hit ENTER, or if you've already closed the window, re-run the game, and it will work. It always does that the first time you run the Patch, because it has to build its working files and such.
alphanumeric
Director
Director

Post by alphanumeric »

SHADOW-XIII wrote: btw. posts like this before send by private messgaes
what does he mean by this? solve this problem via Private message?

okay yes, the game does run fine.. but when I load my saved game..it crashes :x
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

what are you looking at? it's a signature!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

alphanumeric, what he means is, you don't have to publicly post messages this wat, you can also send a private message (kind of like an e-mail, only via this board) by clicking on the "You have no new messages" link at the top of the page, under the heading and in with all the other macro-level links.

Then everybody else doesn't have to see you agree with me. :lol:

As far as your game is concerned, let's see where we are:

1. The game runs.
2. You can't load your savegame. Did you change Patch version or Patch settings in between times, or is it a DOS savegame? If neither, then upload the savegame file here for someone to analyze. Also, there should be a file with the name "crash" in it, in the TTD directory, send that along too.
3. Can you start a new game?
4. Does TTDXC work now?
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

alphanumeric wrote:what does he mean by this? solve this problem via Private message?
It's not private (for me) , it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off-topic, this is the TTDXC topic, you're caboose belongs in another topic !
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

OK, let me try to move it back on-topic...
I'm curious as to exactly WHY the registry key has to be deleted in order for the program to run. Is it a bug from an older version of TTDXC?

Oh, and I should say, I do love TTDXC. It makes things so much easier. And I know it will expand into more and more aspects of the TTD experience as the internals, Patch, and graphic sets become more complicated even than they already are... :wink:
alphanumeric
Director
Director

Post by alphanumeric »

oh im sorry shadow..

and about TTDXC (now that it works) its nice! the update toolz look to be a nice feature
Saiyan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Saiyan »

spaceman-spiff wrote:It's not private (for me) , it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off-topic, this is the TTDXC topic, you're caboose belongs in another topic !
Thus speaketh the Lord and everyone saw their sins and got back on topic. And it was good. :lol:
Saiyan
(TTDPatch Hungarian translator)

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

And đer was light, eek. :lol:
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

I am adding the built in graphic manager, but since no one was able to convert the C code to VB of the grf getinfo program, it will be delayed until I learn some C sometime this year. Of course I can release new versions that won't show GRF info, but that's not what I wanted.

Ill try to fix some other errors now that Im using windows 95 and it shows some of the reported errors. Fixing unknown problems is hard, but since I am compiling it here now, the errors will be pointed in the code immediately.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Did anybody try to convert the C to VB for you, or was there nobody qualified to do so? I can't help, I don't speak either.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I got that converted just last night actually, Andrex, while working on my GRF Editor. It was a bit tricky because VB's Byte is only unsigned, and also because of the seeming lack of a simple bitshift function. I'll PM you the code.
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Try TTDXC 1.87, compiled under Win95.

- Fixed error during version detection
- Fixed behaviour when no TTDPatch is found and when failed to detect version
- Fixed the reading of the mountains and curves switches when they begin with 0
- Added built-in graphic manager (not all features yet)
- Fixed error that was preventing TTDXC from loading in some cases

[file removed]
Last edited by Andrex on 04 Mar 2004 02:50, edited 1 time in total.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

TTDXC doesn't detect this new version, it thinks 1.86 is the most recent.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

krtaylor wrote:TTDXC doesn't detect this new version, it thinks 1.86 is the most recent.
Can you read the file description? It is a pre-release. Even when using 1.87, TTDXC will think 1.86 is "newer" because the version number does not match. Therefore, DO NOT update 1.87 for now, or you will return to 1.86.

In the changes log I forgot to tell:

- Fixed error while reading/writing registry under Windows 9x
- Fixed the chinese language versions display (they were inverted, PRC and Hong Kong)
- Added finnish translation

Well I hope someone finds the ZIP because it is at the bottom of page 5 of the topic, thanks to all the useless and off-topic comments posted by the forum members. :?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I found a bug, or at least a weakness.

I'm running TTDXC 1.87, with the new integrated GRF manager.
First, it doesn't allow any function for setting parameters after the GRF entries, which is a shame because I want to have the DBXL set do full random liveries of freightcars.

Well, OK, I can manually edit it in the newgrfw.cfg file.

Not so! When I go back into TTDXC, it not only removes the parameter I just entered, but it disables the entry for DBXL, and moves it to the bottom of the list! So not only does it not provide a way to enter parameters, it won't allow them at all. Argh...

Return to “General TTDPatch”