ECS & FIRS original vehicle set

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Donald Duck
Engineer
Engineer

Re: ECS & FIRS original vehicle set

Post by Donald Duck »

It would be nice if you can add parameters to enable this NewGRF only for certain vehicle types. I use the av8 Aviators Aircraft Set which replaces the original aircrafts but the Original Vehicles Cargo Set re-enables the original aircrafs which I don't want. I do want the Original Vehicles Cargo Set for non-aircraft vehicles though, so it would be nice if you had parameters to enable/disable it for each vehicle type.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Donald Duck wrote: 02 Jan 2022 10:16 It would be nice if you can add parameters to enable this NewGRF only for certain vehicle types. I use the av8 Aviators Aircraft Set which replaces the original aircrafts but the Original Vehicles Cargo Set re-enables the original aircrafs which I don't want. I do want the Original Vehicles Cargo Set for non-aircraft vehicles though, so it would be nice if you had parameters to enable/disable it for each vehicle type.
Use OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles instead of this set. This set was created when original vehicles had no support for NewGRF cargoes. It is no longer necessary.
Honza_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Honza_ »

Hi Donald,
it is a good suggestion, but regrettably I have no plans to futher work on this NewGRF.
Donald Duck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Donald Duck »

kamnet wrote: 02 Jan 2022 14:04 Use OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles instead of this set. This set was created when original vehicles had no support for NewGRF cargoes. It is no longer necessary.
That only works for road vehicles though, not ships.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

OpenTTD 12.0 now supports all original vehicles using NewGRF cargoes.
Donald Duck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Donald Duck »

kamnet wrote: 05 Feb 2022 18:10 OpenTTD 12.0 now supports all original vehicles using NewGRF cargoes.
Thanks, I didn't know that. I remember having issues with transporting FIRS cargoes in an earlier version of OpenTTD (10 I think), I didn't realize they fixed that since then.

Return to “Graphics Releases”