Moderator: OpenTTD Developers
I use to play with Microsoft Flight Simulator.
On my laptop, I have a 15.1" screen, and when I play in my room, I connect to it a 24" screen.
With Microsoft Flight Simulator, I can right-click on a window, then hit "detach" menu. The ingame window become a real windows window, so I can drag it to the second screen.
This is really usefull, as I can control my GPS/radios/flight plan on the 15.1" screen, while I can seen the environment on the 24" screen.
I think some people have dual screens two, and fullscreen support on those configuration is really badly supported on OTTD (only the principal screen display something, while the second one display a black screen).
If I switch to windowed mode, then the second screen is useless for OpenTTD, as I can't drag ingame windows (finance, vehicle groups, etc.) on the second screen.
If I change the window size to fill both screens, then I have a problem : as the 15.1" screen is only 800 pixels height, while the 24" one is 1200, I have a portion of 1280x400 pixels that is inaccessible (at least, not visible). When I open new windows, any window that appear in this portion is hidden... Not really easy to play in those conditions.
So here is the suggestion : it that possible to improve the dual (or more) screen support ?
This should be done by 2 ways :
- The best one would be like FS : using a "detach" option on the ingame windows. Like this way, I could maximize the gane on the 24" screen, while I may put some usefull windows on the 15.1" one.
- Another easier solution would be to exclude the "back zone" from the available ingame windows positions. This way, I could maximize the game on both screens, but the game would understand there are zone where the game is actually not displayed, and avoid drawing anything there.
Solution 1 - Something like this :
Solution 2 - (see attached files) :
Exclude the red zone from the available ingame windows position.
- You may take care of the position of the screens, it can be changed by the user.
- dual screen 1.png (51.7 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
- dual screen 2.png
- (54.95 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
With Google Chrome, you just have to drag a tab on a screen to detach it to a new window.
It costs more resources (you'd run the same game twice), but it can give you the interface that you want.
Running a second instance of OpenTTD is not an option, because clicking an item on a list (i.e. station, train or bus) does not open it on my primary screen.
What do you mean? I don't understand you answer.YNM wrote:I think just moving over a viewport to the other one is enough ?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests