Ctrl-buy train wagons and/or New load/unload update..

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Akari
Engineer
Engineer

Ctrl-buy train wagons and/or New load/unload update..

Post by Akari »

Hey, I thought of a couple of things while idling in the 2000's of my transport :p

First, would it be possible to add ctrl-clicking the buy vehicle, on train wagons (not engines) to add the maximum allowed number of wagons in the currently active train in the depot? (Or maybe 8 or 9 if this would be a problem with the mammothtrains switch)

Second, since the unloading of stuff is gradual, would it be possible to make the cargo appearance in industry depots gradual as well?
i.e. when train unloads some wood in a lumber mill, the goods in the station increase at the same speed as the train unloads.

Also the train routing seems to have some minor problems with trains picking the wrong track in intersections, but better route planning can fix that I guess.. :)
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Ctrl-buy train wagons and/or New load/unload update..

Post by BobXP »

Akari wrote:First, would it be possible to add ctrl-clicking the buy vehicle, on train wagons (not engines) to add the maximum allowed number of wagons in the currently active train in the depot? (Or maybe 8 or 9 if this would be a problem with the mammothtrains switch)
I don't understand what you mean...
Second, since the unloading of stuff is gradual, would it be possible to make the cargo appearance in industry depots gradual as well?
i.e. when train unloads some wood in a lumber mill, the goods in the station increase at the same speed as the train unloads.
Totally agree, I noticed this too, but It would probably make the trains generate a small amount of income every time the amount of cargo went down by 5 rather than a lot at the start.
Also the train routing seems to have some minor problems with trains picking the wrong track in intersections, but better route planning can fix that I guess.. :D
I hate that :) face. Anyway, *CHECKPOINTS*.
<!-- End Of Post !-->
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Ctrl-buy train wagons and/or New load/unload update..

Post by Chris 'Awkward' McKenna »

BobXP wrote:
Akari wrote:First, would it be possible to add ctrl-clicking the buy vehicle, on train wagons (not engines) to add the maximum allowed number of wagons in the currently active train in the depot? (Or maybe 8 or 9 if this would be a problem with the mammothtrains switch)
I don't understand what you mean...
I think he means that when you are buying a new train and want it to be a full length train of only one type of waggon (e.g. coal), that after buying teh engine(s), you could select the coal waggon and then hold down ctrl when buying that it would buy a whole trains worth of coal waggons, not just one

Or to put it another way. Assuming mamoth trains and large stations are turned off, when you did the following:
  1. buy-engine
  2. select coal waggon
  3. ctrl-click buy button
you would buy 9 coal waggons, not just one.

Chris
Anything can be achieved if you don't care who gets the credit
--Author Unknown
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

but then how would TTD know how long a train you want?
<!-- End Of Post !-->
Fuzzy Logix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fuzzy Logix »

could pop up a input box asking for the required number of vehicles/wagons
Let there Be AI:
Let there Be Fuzzy Logix
Akari
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Akari »

BobXP wrote:but then how would TTD know how long a train you want?
Well, maybe it could be defined in the cfg, like "filltrain 8" for filling to 8-length train with a ctrl-click on buy vehicle. (7 trucks + 1 for engine, or 6+2 if it is the 2-head engine model)

Maybe it could also fill up engines that already have some trucks, i.e.

You have your mighty Jubilee Steam tank- um, engine :P with 3 passenger carriages, and you have set "filltrain 6" in the cfg, and you would go buy mail wagons, and ctrl-click on buy. It would buy 2 wagons this time (1 engine + 3 passengers + 2 mails = 6)

Hmm.. explanation seems more complicated than the actual idea behind it :o
Grunt
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Grunt »

Hmm, I had a bizarre idea about how this could work:
Step 1: select the vehicle you wish to mass-purchase and ctrl-click which will fill out the train to its maximum length of 14 or 255 vehicles (depending on mammothtrain settings), or to the amount of money you have.
Step 2: ctrl-drag the car after the last car you want to use to the trash bin - this deletes all cars past the one you want at the end of that part of the train (if fastwagonsell is on).
Repeat for as many different types of cars as you want.
What does everyone think about this?
Grunt
(aka Stephan Grunt, CEO of Grunt Transport Inc. since 1994.)
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris 'Awkward' McKenna »

If possible I think Akari's idea would be preferable, but yours seems like it might be the easier to implement.

Chris
Anything can be achieved if you don't care who gets the credit
--Author Unknown
Grunt
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Grunt »

Actually, both ideas could work together - have filltrain set the maximum length of the train buyable by ctrl-clicking, and use the technique I described to build your trains...
Grunt
(aka Stephan Grunt, CEO of Grunt Transport Inc. since 1994.)
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

SGrunt wrote:use the technique I described to build your trains...
And destroy the trains... I hate having to get rid if waggons one-at-a-time, and D&D? Makes it worse...

Then... what if I want to get the train back later? Recycle bins or something? :lol: 8)
<!-- End Of Post !-->

Return to “Suggestions”