Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

lange
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Dutch Trainset v2.0 being developed

Post by lange »

I use the following NewGRFs:

2CC Tram Set 0.9b
CSTramSet v0.2
2cc Bus Set
DACH Train Set 0.3.2
Dutch Train Set 2.0.2
Some Trains in France (STIF)
US Train Set version 0.87.4 (27 Apr 2007)
Dutch station set
Dutch Stations Addition Set v0.8
Dutch Stations Addition Set Part 2 v0.4
Dutch Stations Addition Set Part 3 v001
Rural Stations
Suburban Stations
US Stations set v0.86 (09 Jan 2006)
BRTrains v0.5.5.4
Dutch Trainset 2.1.0
Dutch Trainset Add-On 1.4
Dutch Trainset Alpha 1.1

I should add the Dutch Tracks addon. Maybe that will help.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

lange wrote: 27 Nov 2021 13:48 I use the following NewGRFs:

2CC Tram Set 0.9b
CSTramSet v0.2
2cc Bus Set
DACH Train Set 0.3.2
Dutch Train Set 2.0.2
Some Trains in France (STIF)
US Train Set version 0.87.4 (27 Apr 2007)
Dutch station set
Dutch Stations Addition Set v0.8
Dutch Stations Addition Set Part 2 v0.4
Dutch Stations Addition Set Part 3 v001
Rural Stations
Suburban Stations
US Stations set v0.86 (09 Jan 2006)
BRTrains v0.5.5.4
Dutch Trainset 2.1.0
Dutch Trainset Add-On 1.4
Dutch Trainset Alpha 1.1

I should add the Dutch Tracks addon. Maybe that will help.
I do hope that is not the list you are actually loading, as I see the Dutch Train Set several times in that list, try loading only 2.1.0 and optionally the Add-On or the 3XL that contains both the 2.X and Add-On trains.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
lange
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lange »

Yes, this is the list.
I included the Dutch Tracks set and removed the british and american train sets and the multisystem engines are working now on both voltages, so i don't think, that the different versions of the Dutch Trainset are the cause of the problem.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

lange wrote: 03 Dec 2021 19:41 Yes, this is the list.
I included the Dutch Tracks set and removed the british and american train sets and the multisystem engines are working now on both voltages, so i don't think, that the different versions of the Dutch Trainset are the cause of the problem.
Adding the Dutch Trackset will indeed solve the issues as that is adding the tracks.

Having multiple versions of the same NewGRF active might give other issues, only load the latest version in your game.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

A short while ago I drew the Belgian NMBS-MS75, using the Polish Trainset as a base (outer ring in picture).
That allowed a lot of detail, as their drawing style has longer trains.
However, I did not like the look in combination with the Dutch trainset-style, the trainset I mostly use in my games.
So, I decided to also make a version that fits more in this set (inner ring in picture).
Preview.png
Preview.png (48.74 KiB) Viewed 5843 times
I used the M2-carriage and HLE11, both drawn by Voyager One, as a base and came up with this:
NMBS_MS75_DutchTrainSetStyle.png
NMBS_MS75_DutchTrainSetStyle.png (12.96 KiB) Viewed 5843 times
Below the purchase menu sprite you can also find First class coaches, with/without electric conducts, in the MS75 style, but I dont really think NMBS has those.
But hey, when you are drawing, keep drawing... :]

A little bit of information about the MS75:
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS75
(Dutch Wikipedia)

So, it's the stoptrain, from Antwerp Belgium to Roosendaal The Netherlands.
For me, having grown up in Roosendaal, this is an iconic bordercrossing train and in my humble opinion the sprites have to be donated in this thread.
Whether or not you use them, is up to you :mrgreen:
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

I'm not seeing a Github or something so I'll post it here.

The ICNG in the Dutch Trainset 3XL has the wrong purchase sprite.

Also why was the decision made to override the LINT, ICE, and TGV with the Dutch Trainset Addon sprites, but not the GTW?

As for the MS75, I found that in general the Dutch Trainset doesn't include trains that only service the border. Otherwise we'd also have the MS80, Klassiek Motorstel, Bombardier Talent, FLIRT1, FLIRT3-V, and a bunch more
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

lange wrote: 03 Dec 2021 19:41 Yes, this is the list.
It's probably down to STIF, the implementation of the difference voltage systems is rather broken.
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Also, the sorting should be in chronological order, which means the Eurostar should go before the SNG, so this is wrong:
Also the ICNG seems to have been delayed to at least 2022 :(
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Transportman wrote: 24 Apr 2021 16:30 <snip> Dutch Trainset 3XL.
Could you post the Dutch Trainset 3XL source, or a link to Github?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Erato wrote: 02 Jan 2022 20:04
Transportman wrote: 24 Apr 2021 16:30 <snip> Dutch Trainset 3XL.
Could you post the Dutch Trainset 3XL source, or a link to Github?
It currently is down, but the project is on the #openttdcoop DevZone. It shares the source location with v2, but has been updated to 3XL with a different ID to allow updates as FooBar is no longer around.
blauw67
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blauw67 »

It is always such a lovely morning when your Mat '54 EID 2 decides to uncouple. (Game crashed with a "train uncoupled" error). The train configuration was: Mat '54 EID4, Mat '54 EID2 and 2X Plan L
Mat '54.png
Mat '54.png (37.53 KiB) Viewed 5208 times
The game doesn't like it when it tries to autorenew Mat '54 and Mat '64 configured to also transport mail, somehow the game allowed me to only select the Mat '54 EID2, and I tried to send it to the nearest depot, which failed so I tried to turn it around, which resulted in the unexpected behaviour shown in the picture.
RailwAI
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailwAI »

I'm not sure if it is a bug in openTTD 12.1 or in the Dutch Trainset 3.0.1-XL, but the TGV Thalys train gives some troubles going uphill directly after a train station. It seems the complete weight of the train (and passengers) counts for the front car of the train, instead of that the weight is distributed over the train length. Therefore the train has troubles accelerating when the headcar is going uphill.
Attachments
Pardtown Transport, 2010-05-13.png
(904.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
TGV Thalys problems, 2010-03-02.sav
(37.25 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

RailwAI wrote: 19 Mar 2022 15:46 I'm not sure if it is a bug in openTTD 12.1 or in the Dutch Trainset 3.0.1-XL, but the TGV Thalys train gives some troubles going uphill directly after a train station. It seems the complete weight of the train (and passengers) counts for the front car of the train, instead of that the weight is distributed over the train length. Therefore the train has troubles accelerating when the headcar is going uphill.
I think that behavior has always been present in the Dutch Trainset, as it defines the entire weight on the first item (and as default behaviour is 0 for articulated parts the total is correct), but apparently this goes wrong with uphill tracks. Unfortunately I don't have much time in the coming weeks to fix change this (as it is also a bit of work to rework that for all MU vehicles that are affected.

Also, apparently I will need to migrate some stuff as the DevZone is no longer available, so I need to set up something like Github and build a new release locally...
vincentkoevoets
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Dutch Trainset v2.0

Post by vincentkoevoets »

Wow, I haven't played for a while and suddenly a wild Dutch Trainset 3 appears! I downloaded it straight away, but now I'm wondering how to replace the 2.1.0 set with the 3.0.1 set, without having to manually replace all my trains in my very massive savegame. Am I missing something or is there really no other choice than to manually replace all my trains?
Thanks for all the work in development and keep on going!
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

vincentkoevoets wrote: 14 Apr 2022 08:47 Wow, I haven't played for a while and suddenly a wild Dutch Trainset 3 appears! I downloaded it straight away, but now I'm wondering how to replace the 2.1.0 set with the 3.0.1 set, without having to manually replace all my trains in my very massive savegame. Am I missing something or is there really no other choice than to manually replace all my trains?
You could try replacing the NewGRF, but as they have different NewGRF IDs, I'm afraid it will not work and you will have to manually replace the trains while both sets are active.
vincentkoevoets
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vincentkoevoets »

Hmm that's what I was afraid of. Too bad, but hey, keeps a man busy. Now for my follow up question: is there a way to enable both the trainsets at the same time? Now, when I try to activate v3 the set tells me that v2 is active and it cannot be enabled. Any tips?
Transportman wrote: 17 Apr 2022 14:48
vincentkoevoets wrote: 14 Apr 2022 08:47 Wow, I haven't played for a while and suddenly a wild Dutch Trainset 3 appears! I downloaded it straight away, but now I'm wondering how to replace the 2.1.0 set with the 3.0.1 set, without having to manually replace all my trains in my very massive savegame. Am I missing something or is there really no other choice than to manually replace all my trains?
You could try replacing the NewGRF, but as they have different NewGRF IDs, I'm afraid it will not work and you will have to manually replace the trains while both sets are active.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

vincentkoevoets wrote: 26 Apr 2022 04:48 Hmm that's what I was afraid of. Too bad, but hey, keeps a man busy. Now for my follow up question: is there a way to enable both the trainsets at the same time? Now, when I try to activate v3 the set tells me that v2 is active and it cannot be enabled. Any tips?
Transportman wrote: 17 Apr 2022 14:48
Oops, that is indeed not possible, I disabled loading the v3 if the v2 is also active. Sorry for giving you wrong advice.
TreinspotterDeamyen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

Hello Developers from the Dutch Trainset, i made a Repaint for the ICNG: The ICNG-B In flow colors, But i have a problem: I dont know how i can put this into the pack
ICNG.png
ICNG.png (23.37 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

This sprite appears to be missing shading.
TreinspotterDeamyen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

Erato wrote: 14 Dec 2022 14:59 This sprite appears to be missing shading.
Oh oke, but my question is: How can i add this Vehicle to the Dutch Trainset or the game self

Return to “Graphics Development”