Android port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Android port

Post by pelya »

Android build of 1.11.0-RC1 is available on Play Store as a beta test.
Tram buttons are fixed.
Shown
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shown »

pelya wrote: 15 Mar 2021 22:01 gbwhatsapp Android build of 1.11.0-RC1 is available on Play Store as a beta test.
Tram buttons are fixed.
Can you please share a valid link to download this android build easily because I look around on google play and I doesn't seen this android build on google play store.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

.apk file can be downloaded here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl ... k/OpenTTD/

Play Store page, click 'Join the beta' button:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... penttd.sdl

I'll try to release the 1.11.0 today, so you don't actually need to join the beta.
madrito
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madrito »

Check in the window " Multiplayer " from the main menu , the server name, enter filter.
Clicking in filter , is change username .
[+] Spoiler
Of course, thanks to developers and all service creators in this design
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Thanks for bugreport, I'll try to fix it in the next release
madrito
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madrito »

version 1.11.1 is properly
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

OpenTTD 12.0 Android release will be delayed by a few weeks, because I have a business trip and a general lack of enthusiasm.

If anyone cherry-picks my patches from 1.11 branch and builds me an .apk or .aab, I'll publish it.
Pacer144023
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pacer144023 »

Why does it take 100 decades to close NewGRF settings in the Main menu?
It's very annoyingly slow.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Pacer144023 wrote: 28 Sep 2021 16:56 Why does it take 100 decades to close NewGRF settings in the Main menu?
Closing the NewGRF settings in the main menu does not take 100 decades, nor does it take any appreciable amount of time.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

If you have a very large number of NewGRFs downloaded it can take a long time to process them, that happens even if they aren't active.
Quantom
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quantom »

Hello guys. Yesterday i'm bought a gamepad! And try to play in Ottd, and ottd jgr for mobiles. I have changed SDL settings, for mouse to gamepad, change controls as i like and have one problem. I cant use Control. If im use control (R or L) in "Change physical key settings" i got... Nothing! Just notsing, game ignore any of my custom key setting but not only for Lmouse and Rmouse. I can make any button on gamepad as a mouse button, but any other keyboard key (as CNTRL, SHIFT etc.) Settings are ignored by game.
Someone know how to fix that? Becose i want play JGR patch pack, and im need Control, and there no possibility of in menu CNTRL...
Controller compered for Xbox 360, maked from ípega, model - ninga
Thanks as well
If you want make something, maki it yourself. If you want to maki it by programming, just get this task to another programmist :D
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Release 12.1 Android version is up.

16bpp blitter is removed, it wasn't very good anyway and did not support animations. I hope no people with 2013-era phones will try to run the game. I've also bumped the default screen resolution from 800x480 to 1000x600 to make the text look better, button size is still the same but all graphics is slightly smaller.

I'll look into the gamepad button remapping issue when I have time.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

There will be no Android version update this year, because I was conscripted into Ukrainian army. If you want to become a maintainer of this app, email me through Play Store listing.
At the very minimum, you must be able to compile the app, and it should not crash on start.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
pelya wrote: 21 Mar 2022 12:27 I was conscripted into Ukrainian army
We don't know each other, but I want to wish you the best for surviving the war.

That war is getting so close to my mind even I am personally not immediately affected. It's a tragedy and it's a shame for Europe (in the meaning of the whole continent, not the EU). :-(

Tschö, Auge
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Pelya has given me access to the Play store and the signing keys for the apps. However, I do not have any experience with compiling and patching Android apps. If there is somebody who does have this experience and would like to help merge the official 12.2 update with the Android patches, please message me for more details.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Use a file manager to delete the ones you don't need.
HiTTd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HiTTd »

pelya wrote: 21 Mar 2022 12:27 There will be no Android version update this year, because I was conscripted into Ukrainian army.
God bless you and hope you come back soon.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

So good news is we found somebody to help update the Android port.

Bad news is that I've had nagging health issues for weeks and haven't gotten everything set up so I can add it to the official channel.

I apologize for not having my health together enough to focus on this. :( I will make a more concerted effort to do so within the next week or two.
ashahidi
Engineer
Engineer

Android - Mouse stuck in top left

Post by ashahidi »

The game had been working completely fine until my phone upgraded to Android 13. Now when I open the game I can use it fine touch controls but my Bluetooth mouse has it's cursor stuck in the top left. I've tried restarting my phone and uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail.

Any advice?

Return to “OpenTTD Development”