Android port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Android port

Post by pelya »

zBase does not have animated water even with 32bpp-anim blitter on my PC. Am I missing something?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

yes, that zBase currently does not have animated water. only that it could be added.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

I am particularly interested in the animated water that does not use palette.
On Android the default renderer is 16-bpp, it uses 2 bytes per pixel, and does not support palette. 32bpp-anim uses 5 bytes per pixel, and FPS on my phone noticeably drops when using it.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

there is no way to animate water without palette. that needs an object/industry/whatever that can store an animation state.
Albedo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Albedo »

The window for bridge construction (choice for type of bridge after select place where will build) don't show, when in settings Interface -> Construction-> Keep building tools active after usage is ON. After switch to OFF is bridge selection window show normaly.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

I have fixed bridge construction in the update 1.6.0.61. Don't use update 1.6.0.60, it crashes in main menu.
gazzari
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gazzari »

The Map window cuts off over half of the industries, and the buttons to show all/hide all are missing.
Using latest version.
OTTD Map Pic 1.png
OTTD Map Pic 1.png (235.46 KiB) Viewed 3817 times
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Either remove some industry NewGRFs, or set a bigger screen resolution and smaller font.

Thee is no good solution to this bug, map window is already as big as it could be. PC version also has 5 item rows for industries list.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Don't know what FIRS version you run (it looks like FIRS at least), but before the 2.0 version it uses a very big set of industries as default economy. In the parameters you can select a smaller economy (eg basic temperate economy). That should help in reducing the size of the industry list.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
gazzari
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gazzari »

I tried a smaller font (edited the cfg file) But only adds 1 2 extra rows. The screen res has already been increased to max I can go for the tablet. I only play from time to time. It's been a while since last time, and all were visible then. I know this has been an issue with the map window. A balancing act between having the map big enough and all the text below showing. Possibly an option in the config for how many text rows to show. I gather the size of the text part of the window is difficult to make adjust to the containing text. (to fit)

I spend most of gaming in Simracing (rFactor 2) I also do a fair bit of modding for rFactor 2 (making tracks) and understand the work that goes into these things.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

I'll try to increase the amount of rows, depending on the amount of industries.

Are you using 'hide legend' button? I think I'll remove it, and add back 'select all' buttons.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Horizontal scrollbar could also be an option perhaps
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Alberth wrote:Horizontal scrollbar could also be an option perhaps
Attachments
tmp_32172-20160617_141126-1108618464.png
(1.57 MiB) Not downloaded yet
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

pelya wrote:
Alberth wrote:Horizontal scrollbar could also be an option perhaps
LOL! NO!!
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
adf88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by adf88 »

pelya wrote:Thee is no good solution to this bug, map window is already as big as it could be. PC version also has 5 item rows for industries list.
Number of rows is fixed in PC version and it's a good solution on bigger screens. But maybe, in the android version, the legend should not just extend toward right but also toward bottom. For example, there could be a limit on number of columns; after hitting this limit only new rows would be added.
:] don't worry, be happy and checkout my patches
gazzari
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gazzari »

pelya wrote:I'll try to increase the amount of rows, depending on the amount of industries.

Are you using 'hide legend' button? I think I'll remove it, and add back 'select all' buttons.
Yes, the "?" is my hide legend button. It only shows/hides the list of industries. (See pic in post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:38 pm - just above)
Maybe the legend button could totally hide/totally show the map/industry list? (toggle between map/ind list)
Throwing in an idea.
pi1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pi1985 »

Hi.
I'm trying to play android port and found some problems. I've built a few roadstops and depot, bought a bus and tried to add orders. At first, I cannot start a bus - start button has no effect. When I press orders button, timetable window opens. In orders window added orders are not selectable.
Because of this I cannot use buses, only trains.

PS. Game downloaded from play market.
Image.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Did you change any settings from defaults? Could you please add a screenshot or two?

It works for me - https://youtu.be/GXYvHYXlc8g
I'm trying to send a bus to a truck stop in the beginning of the video.
CN
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CN »

pi1985,

Make sure that you don't have the "ctrl" button pressed on the interface. With ctrl on, start button does nothing, and orders opens in timetable mode. This is normal.
pi1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pi1985 »

Yes, that's it. I forgot about this button! And of course it was on. With it off all works fine.
Thanks a lot!
Image.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”