Game crash

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Akarr
Engineer
Engineer

Game crash

Post by Akarr »

Running Vista 64-bit
tried diffrent versions of OTTD and TTD but get the same strange freezes and aswell makes my computer to freeze so i need to reboot. runing on my other PC with Vista 32bit the game just crash but dont freeze the computer but just drop to desktop or closes down.

on the 64bit i can lay like 15 min or so before this happens. any stable version or patch or fix for this error?

addictive to the game.. so mcuh i might go back to xp.. or perhaps switch to windows 7
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Game crash

Post by planetmaker »

please supply the crash.log, crash.sav, crash.dmp and crash.png, if present. Also specify the OpenTTD version you use.
Akarr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Akarr »

i use the latest for window and to get a crashlog is hard since my computer freeze and i need to reboot. but i see if i can make a log to post here
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

If OpenTTD manages to completely lock up your computer there is something seriously wrong with the (probably) drivers of your computer. OpenTTD is an user space application and as such (by design of the operating system, Windows in this case) it cannot completely lock up your computer by itself. It can trigger something in a driver that causes the operating system to lock up though.

Did you by any chance play OpenTTD in full screen mode?
Can you reproduce it reliably? If so, does it happen when you enable a 32bpp blitter?
Akarr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Akarr »

i tried the 32bit aswell and had the same issue. i will check the OS aswell. but my computer is stable ( except this game that freezes it)

Q9450,SLi 8800gt,8GB ram, Vista 64bit

i also tried to run the game on diffirent dos emulators and whatever i have read on the forum. but the game triggers something as you said to crash my computer

and yes i tried windowmode and fullscreen mode .

*edit

PLayed it now a small map 64 x 64 and in fullmode and it didnt crash for me. resolution set to 1900 x1200 and fullscreen mode
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

your RAM may be faulty. you should run a memtest, or contact your computer supplier for help/warranty replacement.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”