Raphou96
Engineer
Engineer

50% load

Post by Raphou96 »

Hello

I have suggestion, but sorry for my poor english

my suggestion :

Possibility of giving the order to wait for 50 % of load of all cargo before the departure or 50 % of every cargo

Good suite of your developpement
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 50% load

Post by Chris »

I think that this is a great idea (jumps on bandwagon) - like in RollerCoaster Tycoon.
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

Class 165 wrote:I think that this is a great idea (jumps on bandwagon) - like in RollerCoaster Tycoon.
Yes but in RCT it would wait for 50 and then load any excess, since cargo is more or less constantly produced that mechanic would not work quite the same in OTTD. If a train did come back to a station with more that 50% of its load waiting that station would not be serviced enough so it would behave exactly the same as a train with no special orders (effectively) and (presuming it takes the same time to return again) have a similar load waiting when it gets back.

If you want to take half the load why not half the train length?
Raphou96
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Raphou96 »

Ok
I have airport and train for same station. At moment the train or plane is not full.

And for a petrolier, it's very long to have 100 %
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

lawton27 wrote:If you want to take half the load why not half the train length?
Use less/smaller aircraft and you have the same effect too.
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

The production of passengers may well be constant, but if a train arrives just after one has left, then there may be only a few passengers left. You don't want the train to wait for a full load as it may take too long, but you don't want to not put it on full load, as then it will only carry a fraction of it's capacity.
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Class 165 wrote:The production of passengers may well be constant, but if a train arrives just after one has left, then there may be only a few passengers left. You don't want the train to wait for a full load as it may take too long, but you don't want to not put it on full load, as then it will only carry a fraction of it's capacity.
in these cases, passenger trains have the tendency to wait for a full load, even if not given the order to do so. this is a side effect of gradual loading and is an implementation problem.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Eddi wrote:in these cases, passenger trains have the tendency to wait for a full load, even if not given the order to do so. this is a side effect of gradual loading and is an implementation problem.
That's because the passengers are "created" pretty quickly, even one by one. The "passenger creating" time interval is shorter than the "train loading" time interval. The train "checks" for more cargo at a slower rate than they are created, so every time the train "asks" if there is more cargo, there WILL be passengers available (in some of my games this happened about 99% of the time). Basically, the train constantly loads passengers (even one by one) until it's full.

I don't know if I've been clear enough... :?
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Benefactor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Benefactor »

You can use the timetable to make it wait in the station for a reasonable amount of time and give it time to load
zde-nek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zde-nek »

good idea. i would also suggest X% unload (if available). and at least/at most orders like "unload 50%* and load at most 70%*" would give game without paxdest (slow on old computers and large maps) more fun!

* % of train capacity

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”