Double Headed Trains using locotool

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

adelaide_obahn
Engineer
Engineer

Double Headed Trains using locotool

Post by adelaide_obahn »

I am using locotool to amend the xml of all the trains.

I am trying to make engines capable of being Doubled-Headed.

What I mean is I want 2 locos on the one train.

When I do this in the game, it has 1 engine at one end and the other engine at the other end. I try to move the rear engine to be with the front one but whatever other railcars I have within the train always appear in between the engines.

Please help.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Double Headed Trains using locotool

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Erm show an example? Because there are some who are needed to be dual headed and cant be moved (Eurostar, TGV, that HST thing.), other can.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
adelaide_obahn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by adelaide_obahn »

What I want to do is have the engines at the same end instead of each end like what its doing.

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Just drag it to the front, and it works. (This is the standard behaviour, or the creator has meant to be it this way.)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
adelaide_obahn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by adelaide_obahn »

The thing is it wont let me drag it to the front. There will always at least be one railcar between the engines. Itsw like they cannot go next to each other.

How can I change the XML to make them together.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Use another engine?
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

Or use the engine flippers from plastikman.

more info can be found here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41684

And a video on Youtube how they can be used:

Is this what you where looking for?
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

You dont need that. It looks to me as a user error.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

Let me get this straight, you've changed the 'dualhead' flag to 1 in the xml? Because that would be your problem. When you do that, it will place 1 loco at either end of the train (and I think subsequent locos in the middle...) and may require an even number of locomotives on the train, but I can't remember... <edit: that may be bit_4>

Anyway, if you want to have two locos up one end of the train, the 'dualhead' flag needs to be 0, and then do as IA said, and drag the locos/carriages around on the respective screen.

Return to “General Locomotion”