I've been playing with LEGO again...

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: I've been playing with LEGO again...

Post by AndersI »

andythenorth wrote:Some of mine....

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/galle ... m=thenorth
Nice! I like modded LEGO sets - at first glance it looks just like the ordinary set, then you look closer and then you go "Ahhh, clever...", "really good" etc.

Looked at your TT-Foundry blog, too - I really like the tankers. I wish I had room, time and money to build a large LEGO train...
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

How about this then: http://wimp.com/massivelego/
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

What about a 22ft aircraft carrier?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13139918
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Booooooooooooring... Only months wasted stacking grey legos. But this...

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
yoshi2093
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yoshi2093 »

Good LEGO formations
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Last year I contributed to an exhibition at "Tekniska muséet" (Technical Museum) together with a lot of other Swedish LEGO people, and as thanks, we got one of these (each) from LEGO - Grand Emporium:
LEGO original
LEGO original
GrandEmporium.jpg (36.5 KiB) Viewed 9733 times
Now I have rebuilt and rebuilt, and proudly present the "Grander Emporium":
Attachments
My mod
My mod
GranderEmporium.jpg (102.48 KiB) Viewed 9733 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Falling Water

Post by Hyronymus »

When I was in Copenhagen I went into the LEGO Store. Something I shouldn't have done perhaps but what I saw there... and now received it as a belated birthday gift.
Falling Water (1) 800x600.jpg
Falling Water (1) 800x600.jpg (126.67 KiB) Viewed 9582 times
Falling Water (2) 800x600.jpg
Falling Water (2) 800x600.jpg (168.82 KiB) Viewed 9582 times
Falling Water (3) 800x600.jpg
Falling Water (3) 800x600.jpg (119.3 KiB) Viewed 9582 times
Frank Lloyd Wright is one of my favorite architects and seeing Falling Water with my own eyes is high on my to-do list. Up to then I have to find ways to fulfill my desire :).

The booklet that comes with this superb LEGO kit is very well documentend too.
Cadde
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Cadde »

Came here expecting to see TT related lego. Was kinda disappointed...
But then, one of those GBC's had train track and a train that loaded balls and unloaded them.

How about making a small version of a Iron Ore Mine -> Steel Mill -> Factory -> City contraption?
What i am saying is, i would love to see Lego Transport Tycoon!

Too bad all my Lego has been destroyed, forgotten, misplaced etc etc. I have sometimes considered buying new Lego but i can't find the good old Lego i had as a kid. Only Star Wars sets and such junk.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Cadde wrote:I have sometimes considered buying new Lego but i can't find the good old Lego i had as a kid. Only Star Wars sets and such junk.
Lego themselves have noticed that too and started making more "classical" sets recently: basically your type of set with a lot of bricks and little of this precast nonsense.

If you're looking for TT related Lego that actually involves building, check out 8404. I also rather like 7937, it's very detailed. Much more detailed than the rail station I got when I was a kid.
Cadde
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Cadde »

FooBar wrote:
Cadde wrote:I have sometimes considered buying new Lego but i can't find the good old Lego i had as a kid. Only Star Wars sets and such junk.
Lego themselves have noticed that too and started making more "classical" sets recently: basically your type of set with a lot of bricks and little of this precast nonsense.

If you're looking for TT related Lego that actually involves building, check out 8404. I also rather like 7937, it's very detailed. Much more detailed than the rail station I got when I was a kid.
Yep, i used to have all blocks. I could make whatever i damn well pleased instead of having one large chunk of plastic that looks like a bus or whatever or a crane that you can't actually assemble yourself piece by piece.
I used to build all my contraptions piece by piece. The mistake i made was that i used glue at one point to make a lego built piggy bank. It was cool though, you had to push the right parts in the right order to open it. I glued it to prevent my brother from simply disassembling it and taking my money.

Eventually, over the years all the lego pieces we had where destroyed or lost. And now, wherever i look there is no building block sets left. For instance, i want a crate full of these kind of pieces: http://www.nd.edu/~englearn/lego/lego.htm
If i could order that from Lego i would! (But there are more parts i used to have...)
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

I really like that Fallingwater model - a pity the models in the Architecture series is are so expensive.

Anyway, this is my latest build - a Volvo PV 544, c:a 1962. That was my first own car (although mine was blue), and I'm pretty satisfied with the result, although there are some parts missing the right color.

Reference pictures
Attachments
Ssa55620.jpg
Ssa55620.jpg (51.65 KiB) Viewed 9455 times
Ssa55631.jpg
Ssa55631.jpg (50.79 KiB) Viewed 9455 times
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

The PV has been given a big brother...
And I've arranged a small meeting of LEGO-friends again - it's the tenth anniversary of my LEGO-meets!
Attachments
Ssa55790.jpg
Ssa55790.jpg (155.05 KiB) Viewed 9310 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (76.89 KiB) Viewed 9308 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

A few months ago I started gathering LEGO too, don't got a lot of pictures yet, but below a few of My Own Creations (MOCs, as we call them at the AFOL*-community);

Clickable thumbnails ^^

* AFOL: Adult Fan Of Lego
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Got yourself a Harry Potter set? I like the colors in those sets (maybe because I don't have much of that myself).

Nice MOC:s! Consider yourself invited to LEGO-building if you ever pass Eskilstuna, Sweden :-)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

AndersI wrote:Got yourself a Harry Potter set? I like the colors in those sets (maybe because I don't have much of that myself).
Several Harry Potter sets indeed, and a few others which fit the colors. I'm quite fond of the tan and sand green colors myself :)
You can visit BrickSet to view my collection, if you're interested.
Nice MOC:s! Consider yourself invited to LEGO-building if you ever pass Eskilstuna, Sweden :-)
I'll keep that in mind, I don't think I'll be visiting Sweden any time soon though :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Purno wrote:You can visit BrickSet to view my collection, if you're interested.
I see you have some of the Heroica games. What do you think of them?

I played Fortaan with my children this Christmas, and we liked it, but thought "too small!". It seems you really need all of them together to get a decent game where there actually are a number of different paths to follow. With Fortaan only, it quickly becomes a "guess where the leader will go after he has fetched a key" game...
(so we built some additions ourselves, and had quite fun)

BTW, Brickshelf seems to be dead for the moment.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

AndersI wrote:
Purno wrote:You can visit BrickSet to view my collection, if you're interested.
I see you have some of the Heroica games. What do you think of them?
Haven't played them myself (yet), as I like designing games myself, I bought them mainly for the parts :mrgreen:
I played Fortaan with my children this Christmas, and we liked it, but thought "too small!". It seems you really need all of them together to get a decent game where there actually are a number of different paths to follow. With Fortaan only, it quickly becomes a "guess where the leader will go after he has fetched a key" game...
(so we built some additions ourselves, and had quite fun)
I guess this is why Heroica is a whole line of games, and I've heard rumors about more Heroica games coming in 2012. So far, I found many LEGO games too complicated with their rules (apart from Shave a Sheep, which was epic laughter), but most games got interesting small parts I can use in my MOCs, useful microfigs for game-design, or more tiles for my dice (I've gathered 8 dices so far).

I may play Heroica later, I got 2 sets, my GF got the other 2, so together we have a ful set. Should be enough for interesting gameplay I expect :P It's not on my current to-do-list though.
BTW, Brickshelf seems to be dead for the moment.
Yep, Brickshelf seems to have many outages lately.
Image Image
Torben DH
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

I've been playing with LEGO again...

Post by Torben DH »

I love LEGO too bad im working when theres Legoworld in copenhagen in a couple of weeks
TDH
Dave

Post by Dave »

I bought Kate the camper van for Christmas. She finished it pretty quickly but it does look really good.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “Off-Topic”