Trains not loading at station

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

discrider
Engineer
Engineer

Trains not loading at station

Post by discrider »

Hi.

I'm having this strange problem under the TTDPatch (v 2.5 beta 9) for Win95 (actually running on XP) where my trains at one station suddenly decide to stop loading goods from a station, even though they are constantly parked and marked "Loading\Unloading". There are most definitely goods at the station and I have my trains using FIFO loading.

Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Save is attached, the affected station is Barcelona East.

All the trains delivering to the station seem unaffected. Only the 8 carriage goods trains are affected. The delivering trains are on a separate track to the goods trains even though they use the same station.

Thanks
Attachments
TRP41.SV1
I'm pretty sure this is the savefile. According to a search it is.
(399.05 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Trains not loading at station

Post by petert »

discrider wrote:I'm having this strange problem under the TTDPatch (v 2.5 beta 9) for Win95 (actually running on XP) where my trains at one station suddenly decide to stop loading goods from a station, even though they are constantly parked and marked "Loading\Unloading". There are most definitely goods at the station and I have my trains using FIFO loading.
That is quite strange. Although, all the goods trains I looked at already had goods in them, and still made money.
discrider
Engineer
Engineer

Post by discrider »

Were these the goods trains in the save file?

Because if they were, then maybe there is some configuration difference between our computers that is fixing the problem on your computer.

Just every time I load that file, I see my station completely jammed full of trains doing nothing, my goods rating dropping and none of the trains making any money at all.

I should also have noted that the problem is fixed temporarily by skipping the full load order or sending my trains to the depot. And though I'm not completely sure, I think this only fixes the problem for the one whose orders I change. It's hard to tell with FIFO, since I may have "fixed" the last train in the loading queue, when in reality it was only the first train in the queue that was the problem, and the others were simply waiting for it to load.

Fixing the problem in this way opens up the platforms of the trains that were "fixed", but any non-"fixed" trains stay at the station whilst still being ignored by the station.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

discrider wrote:Because if they were, then maybe there is some configuration difference between our computers that is fixing the problem on your computer.
Maybe, attached is my config.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(35 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
discrider
Engineer
Engineer

Post by discrider »

I suppose I should put up my config also..

so here it is.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(32.04 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
discrider
Engineer
Engineer

Post by discrider »

By the looks of it, turning FIFO loading off fixes it, but I prefer and would like to keep using FIFO loading, as this distributes traffic on the line more evenly than loading every train at once does, so an alternate fix would be preferable.

I can't see any other obvious difference between our configs that would cause this difference in interpreting the save game, which is a pity.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

2.5's FIFO implementation dies if the train that is currently loading leaves the station to go to a depot and then can't get back into the station.

If you upgrade to a vaguely recent TTDPatch nightly, FIFO will only hold back the cargo required to fill the train that left the station while loading, and allow cargo beyond that to be loaded onto other trains. Otherwise, CHT:ResetFifo is your friend.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
discrider
Engineer
Engineer

Post by discrider »

hmmm

Sounds like I should force incoming trains into a depot before loading then I guess.

Thanks
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Alternatively, add go-to-depot/service-at-depot orders, which will suppress the hunt-for-nearest-random-depot behaviour.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”